• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to extract Poppy Pods

So one other thing I did, it’s not easy and will take refining… But essentially I’d let the water extract evaporate to the point to where it’s juuust starting to skin over on top. Then I’d add methanol which would instantly precipitate TONS of fats out of the solution. Then the tricky part was separating the liquid from the white curdled fats. I would separate then add fresh 50/50 water/methanol and extract again. I did this 5 or so times and by the end you can see the color of the extracts getting lighter and more fogginess from the fats re-dissolving.

I’m sure some gets left behind but when you see just how much crap gets left you’ll know it’s definitely a way to majorly clean the product even with some losses.

Denatured ethanol/everclear could likely be used too in place of methanol.

-GC

So one other thing I did, it’s not easy and will take refining… But essentially I’d let the water extract evaporate to the point to where it’s juuust starting to skin over on top. Then I’d add methanol which would instantly precipitate TONS of fats out of the solution. Then the tricky part was separating the liquid from the white curdled fats. I would separate then add fresh 50/50 water/methanol and extract again. I did this 5 or so times and by the end you can see the color of the extracts getting lighter and more fogginess from the fats re-dissolving.

I’m sure some gets left behind but when you see just how much crap gets left you’ll know it’s definitely a way to majorly clean the product even with some losses.

Denatured ethanol/everclear could likely be used too in place of methanol.

-GC
You think running it through some bubble bags will get most of it out ? I typically just use a turkey baster to pull off the top layer the way I do it

Do you know if adding the lime will precipitate out the morphine base, have you done it, what pH do you shoot for ?
I havent done it myself but i have read a few recepies tho. But when i say lime, dont mistake it for the fruit, it has to be slaked lime, like calcium or whatever it is. When adding this to the boiling mixture the morphine base will preciptate and float on top of the mixture if im not mistaking. Then you filter it out and dry it for further use. 🙂

I havent done it myself but i have read a few recepies tho. But when i say lime, dont mistake it for the fruit, it has to be slaked lime, like calcium or whatever it is. When adding this to the boiling mixture the morphine base will preciptate and float on top of the mixture if im not mistaking. Then you filter it out and dry it for further use. 🙂
Does is have to be calcium hydroxide , will sodium hydroxide work ? And what pH , I’m sure you can’t just dump some into the mixture and clean morphine base will float to the top ?

Does is have to be calcium hydroxide , will sodium hydroxide work ? And what pH , I’m sure you can’t just dump some into the mixture and clean morphine base will float to the top ?
Im not sure of the pH but as i remember it it kinda says to pour it somehow carefully until it stops to precipate. I’ll look for it tomorrow. I live in europe and i just hit the pillow 🙏🏼