• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to extract Poppy Pods

Las Veghost grower

Bluelighter
Working on a lb now, if anybody is interested let me know, here’s the end product n pods, nice super bitter resin that and be dehydrated to some nice crystalline like powder, will be done in a day or 2, let me know if you would like to see the tek
138689D6-2202-4AFC-B8DB-11CCFB3C2A4D.jpeg

2B0DE660-1110-4143-A61E-A634CB6245E5.jpeg

I don't think that tar is going to dehydrate into anything but dried tar. I'm sure it'll still be pretty strong though

I don't think that tar is going to dehydrate into anything but dried tar. I'm sure it'll still be pretty strong though
You have to defat it to get it to be able to dry and be powder able , if not it will just remain a thick waxy substance, but yea very powerful stuff1-2 tsp will pretty much get rid of pretty heavy heroin wd, and 3-4 tsp plus a kratom extract pill will get you pretty loaded even with a high tolerance…it’s funny cause Iv had a couple Iv heroin users with pretty good habits freaking out cause this is all they can get and are certain it will do nothing, then I give them 4 tsp and they layed out on the couch and can’t believe there not in any kind of wd, and I’m just like yea dude you just took morphine ha

Last edited:
You have to defat it to get it to be able to dry and be powder able , if not it will just remain a thick waxy substance, but yea very powerful stuff1-2 tsp will pretty much get rid of pretty heavy heroin wd, and 3-4 tsp plus a kratom extract pill will get you pretty loaded even with a high tolerance…it’s funny cause Iv had a couple Iv heroin users with pretty good habits freaking out cause this is all they can get and are certain it will do nothing, then I give them 4 tsp and they layed out on the couch and can’t believe there not in any kind of wd, and I’m just like yea dude you just took morphine ha
It’s looking good , that’s definitely thicker than what I was simmering it down too,I bring it down to about a cup but that’s off of about 1/4 lb of them,..
When cooking a lb at a time how much volume is the finished product ,in ounces ?

I shipped about 1/4 lb to an ex that’s on methadone and told her to skip her methadone dose the day she does it,.She was raised here but she never became a citizen and they deported her because of her CDS arrests,she’s been in Italy 12 yrs now

EEA36C27-BC1D-475D-81AB-E7B6FCE23CD5.jpeg
Here is the defatting part, this makes a pretty big difference in the potency/taste and overall texture of the end result, this cup is about 1/4 fats/ waxes ect and mostly extract, it’s hard to really see in the pic, I guess my phone sucks :/, I definitely suggest taking the time to do it

Last edited:
EEA36C27-BC1D-475D-81AB-E7B6FCE23CD5.jpeg
Here is the defatting part, this makes a pretty big difference in the potency/taste and overall texture of the end result, this cup is about 1/4 fats/ waxes ect and mostly extract, it’s hard to really see in the pic, I guess my phone sucks :/, I definitely suggest taking the time to do it
It’s looking good , that’s definitely thicker than what I was simmering it down too,I bring it down to about a cup but that’s off of about 1/4 lb of them,..
When cooking a lb at a time how much volume is the finished product ,in ounces ?

I shipped about 1/4 lb to an ex that’s on methadone and told her to skip her methadone dose the day she does it,.She was raised here but she never became a citizen and they deported her because of her CDS arrests,she’s been in Italy 12 yrs now
It made it thru Italian customs and the package was labeled pepper seeds , the opened it and seen the seeds in the bottom of the bag and thought it was pepper 🤣🤣 , it was delivered without issue a few days ago,they’re supposed to try it this weekend

How are you defatting it? And what will be the difference between your end product and boiling the extract with slaked lime to get the morphine base out? ☺️

I too am curious on the defatting step, it appears to be at the bottom while most non polar solvents (not all but most) float at the top..

I know naphtha, xylene and toluene work well too. I agree OP defat is necessary with pod extractions, multiple defats at that.

-GC

I too am curious on the defatting step, it appears to be at the bottom while most non polar solvents (not all but most) float at the top..

I know naphtha, xylene and toluene work well too. I agree OP defat is necessary with pod extractions, multiple defats at that.

-GC
I’m not one of the resident scientists but introducing toxic chemicals to a simple natural thing sounds like a terrible idea ,I’m mean like water and pods you have a kickass product why pollute it ? Sorry but I don’t get the logic here..

I’m not one of the resident scientists but introducing toxic chemicals to a simple natural thing sounds like a terrible idea ,I’m mean like water and pods you have a kickass product why pollute it ? Sorry but I don’t get the logic here..

I know from experience that simply heating pods in water results in many undesirable side effects for the connoisseur.

I'm open to any methods that eliminate the various fats and undesirable alkaloids.

Pretty much just use saturation and temperature in the defat, once you get it simmered off to a somewhat thick goo you just redissolve in a small amount of water then let sit overnight, you can put it in the refrigerator over night too, I try to keep it as simple as possible and still get a good end product

If done right in theory there should be none in the product. During the washes the alkaloids/extract stay in the water solution, and then once fully separated it’s very easy to drain off the desired water/alkaloids without bringing any of the solvent with. Then for that .001% (if that) that did get through, you plan on drying it out anyways which will evaporate the residual.

If you are really worried about some still trapped in there, simply redissolve in some alcohol and let evaporate again to ensure any residual can get out. If you are really anal you can repeat that step as many times as you’d like until you feel it’s satisfactory.

I recommend doing a re-dissolve and evaporate for most extractions that use anything but water or alcohols. For instance if vinegar is used, it can help the residual acetic acid evaporate off.

Now say you are REALLY worried about it, one could maybe defat with something like olive oil but you’d have oil residues in your product much more so than any solvent I suggested.

-GC

If done right in theory there should be none in the product. During the washes the alkaloids/extract stay in the water solution, and then once fully separated it’s very easy to drain off the desired water/alkaloids without bringing any of the solvent with. Then for that .001% (if that) that did get through, you plan on drying it out anyways which will evaporate the residual.

If you are really worried about some still trapped in there, simply redissolve in some alcohol and let evaporate again to ensure any residual can get out. If you are really anal you can repeat that step as many times as you’d like until you feel it’s satisfactory.

I recommend doing a re-dissolve and evaporate for most extractions that use anything but water or alcohols. For instance if vinegar is used, it can help the residual acetic acid evaporate off.

Now say you are REALLY worried about it, one could maybe defat with something like olive oil but you’d have oil residues in your product much more so than any solvent I suggested.

-GC
Like I said I’m not one of the scientist and for me it’s way to technical,I’ll pass, ,what’s so bad about fats that this drug addict should be concerned about? I mean I know there’s risk in everything but to the average Joe adding a chemical to it seems crazy but if you know what your doing thats great but….

So if i got this right, this defat process is to either 1) ingest the mixture without having to ingest any of the unwanted biproducts or 2) to get rid of the fats and other stuff to be able to then dry the product out to get in powdered form? Then ive got another question - why is this method used over i.e boiling the whole mixture and adding slaked lime for the morphine base to precipitate and simply be filtered out? 🙂

So if i got this right, this defat process is to either 1) ingest the mixture without having to ingest any of the unwanted biproducts or 2) to get rid of the fats and other stuff to be able to then dry the product out to get in powdered form? Then ive got another question - why is this method used over i.e boiling the whole mixture and adding slaked lime for the morphine base to precipitate and simply be filtered out? 🙂
I’m not really after morphine base, that would almost eliminate the point of switching to pods from heroin, I’m just looking to make the pod extract a little bit cleaner so on large doses you don’t get the nasty side effects , and this works just fine for that purpose

I’m not really after morphine base, that would almost eliminate the point of switching to pods from heroin, I’m just looking to make the pod extract a little bit cleaner so on large doses you don’t get the nasty side effects , and this works just fine for that purpose
Aah i see! 💡

Like I said I’m not one of the scientist and for me it’s way to technical,I’ll pass, ,what’s so bad about fats that this drug addict should be concerned about? I mean I know there’s risk in everything but to the average Joe adding a chemical to it seems crazy but if you know what your doing thats great but….

This is the same ideology that has people saying meth has drain cleaner in it. Just because something toxic is used in the process doesn’t mean it’ll be in the end product.

I mean nothing really except tons more impurities which could possibly impede bioavailability and absorption. When I take anything I want as pure as possible but millions of people consume opium/pod extracts every day where they haven’t been defatted, personal preference.

I honestly don’t see how adding a solvent to a water solution, shaking it around, letting it separate then draining off the water is above the average Joe but I’m surprised often :)

Pretty much just use saturation and temperature in the defat, once you get it simmered off to a somewhat thick goo you just redissolve in a small amount of water then let sit overnight, you can put it in the refrigerator over night too, I try to keep it as simple as possible and still get a good end product

Ah so a precipitation of the fats, yup definitely one technique to help clean it up.

-GC

This is the same ideology that has people saying meth has drain cleaner in it. Just because something toxic is used in the process doesn’t mean it’ll be in the end product.

I mean nothing really except tons more impurities which could possibly impede bioavailability and absorption. When I take anything I want as pure as possible but millions of people consume opium/pod extracts every day where they haven’t been defatted, personal preference.

I honestly don’t see how adding a solvent to a water solution, shaking it around, letting it separate then draining off the water is above the average Joe but I’m surprised often :)

Ah so a precipitation of the fats, yup definitely one technique to help clean it up.

-GC
If you have any suggestions on further refining it without doing an a/b I’m all ears, always lookin to make the pod extract a little better without going all the way and keeping it a pod extract