• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How to extract dihydrocodeine from Asian cough suppressant pills?

BananadineSmacks

Greenlighter
Hello all, first post here. I hope you all are doing well. I recently acquired some Pabron Gold pills which are a Japanese cough suppressant that contains DHC. However, they contain a plethora of other ingredients:

In 3 tablets (one dose)
Guaifenesin 60mg 
Dihydrocodeine Phosphate 8mg 
dl-Methylephedrine Hydrochloride 20mg 
Acetaminophen 300mg 
Chlorpheniramine Maleate 2.5mg 
Anhydrous caffeine 25mg 
Riboflavin 4mg

Does anybody know a solvent that DHC is soluble in, but the majority of the other chemicals aren't? Alternatively, something that the majority of the other chemicals are soluble in that DHC isn't? I'm mainly worried about the methylephedrine, acetaminophen and caffeine.

If there are no options, a CWE would still be capable of extracting the acetaminophen at the very least, right? Also, approximately what would be the max amount of these I could take safely as they are? I've tried researching most of these things to no avail. Thanks!

Last edited:
I think you're onto a loser with that one I'm afraid. Yeah CWE would lose the paracetamol but still keep most of the other shite. I just wouldn't.

I think you're onto a loser with that one I'm afraid. Yeah CWE would lose the paracetamol but still keep most of the other shite. I just wouldn't.
Aw shucks. Thank you so much for the response though! If I manage to remove the acetaminophen, roughly how much do you reckon I could take before my heart explodes from the caffeine and methylephedrine? I'm not actually that desperate for a high which is why I'm trying to be semi-safe, just got them for relatively cheap (and rarely use opioids/haven't tried a morphinan). Thanks again!

Fuck knows, man. It sounds like you're going to go to a whole load of hassle to make yourself feel like shit. Can you not just buy some proper drugs or some cocodamol to cwe? That would be the sensible thing to do.

But just don't is the best advice I can give you. Keep em for when you have a bad cold.

Fuck knows, man. It sounds like you're going to go to a whole load of hassle to make yourself feel like shit. Can you not just buy some proper drugs or some cocodamol to cwe? That would be the sensible thing to do.

But just don't is the best advice I can give you. Keep em for when you have a bad cold.
That's why I'm asking, haha. Didn't want to do anything stupid, and I'm not desperate for a high. Like I said, I originally intended to potentially remove most of the other nasty ingredients if it was possible but I knew it was unlikely. I don't think I'll be doing this at all unless someone miraculously sheds light on some contrasting solubilities in a solvent, appreciate the warning.

I figured I could take slightly more than the recommended dose after removing the paracetamol since my opioid tolerance is low, but you're right, it seems like too much work just to likely feel like shit. I'd buy co-codamol if it was available OTC in my country but it isn't. Thanks again.

Last edited:
No common single solvent will preferentially separate the DHC. Best you can do outside of a laboratory setting would be a cold water extraction. Very cold water might reduce caffeine solubility a bit (as well as separate the acetaminophen), but you'll still have a bunch of other junk in it.

No common single solvent will preferentially separate the DHC. Best you can do outside of a laboratory setting would be a cold water extraction. Very cold water might reduce caffeine solubility a bit (as well as separate the acetaminophen), but you'll still have a bunch of other junk in it.
Thank you for the response, that is very helpful :)

There are people online who claim to have taken large amounts and enjoyed it but I'm not going to risk it. Small chance I'll try slightly higher than the recommended after CWE if I can find out safe amounts of methylephedrine but I doubt it, even if safe it'd probably be pretty uncomfortable.

I definitely don't want to be anxious, jittery and stuck with my heart pumping out of my chest—the only effects I seem to get from stimulants nowadays. Going a little too hard on prescription amphetamine while disregarding the consequences will do that to you. Thanks again.