• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to Extract Codeine from Paracetamol

Angelicka

Ex-Bluelighter
Hi I'm new here, how do I find threads that i posted? I'm looking for one I posted about taking codeine I'm not a hundred percent sure but I think I posted it in this bit of the website.

How do I extract codeine from paracetamol?

Hi i have 20 cocodomal tablets (with 7 or 8 mgs of codeine each and I think 500 mgs of paracetamol)Now I believe their is a way of doing an extraction but I just wanted to know how i actually do one i think I need cold water hence the name 'cold water extraction' and something to use as a filter of which I currently have no idea what that even means wtf is a filter lol?? So as you might be able to tell i am almost certain to fail in its not that good with science and geeky stuff etc but I do know that paracetamol can damage my liver and if I take enough, kill me so I really am desperate to try this now I got a few days off work but I'm not desperate to get liver failure.I just need a link or some kind of basic guidance and understanding etc.

Hi i have 20 cocodomal tablets (with 7 or 8 mgs of codeine each and I think 500 mgs of paracetamol)Now I believe their is a way of doing an extraction but I just wanted to know how i actually do one i think I need cold water hence the name 'cold water extraction' and something to use as a filter of which I currently have no idea what that even means wtf is a filter lol?? So as you might be able to tell i am almost certain to fail in its not that good with science and geeky stuff etc but I do know that paracetamol can damage my liver and if I take enough, kill me so I really am desperate to try this now I got a few days off work but I'm not desperate to get liver failure.I just need a link or some kind of basic guidance and understanding etc.

The general principle of this extraction is that the paracetamol is not water soluble however the codeine is. I have had many successful extractions via the following method. Purchase some coffee filters or fashion some stockings into a triple layer wide enough to fit over a glass. Two coffee filters sat in the top of a glass will filter better though. Grind all your pills down to a powder and put in approx 60-90ml of cold water in a seperate cup/pouring jug. Mix until the crushed pills are fully suspended in the cold water. Allow mixture to sit for 10-15min the the fridge. Take the mixture and pour it through your coffee filter so the drained liquid is captured in the cup. Filter this mixture enough times that there is no obvious white matter being collected in the filter (this is the pill fillers and paracetamol). What you are left with in the cup is a milky to cloudy liquid that contains all the codeine and a very small percentage of the additive (paracetamol, ibuprofen etc). This is safe to drink in regards to toxicity caused by the undesired chemical (paracetamol) however codeine being a pro drug for morphine and therefore very hard to predict potency in any individual then please be aware of your body's ability to process the codeine. I suggest sipping the liquid until you get an idea of what you want as a starting dose. Remember, you can always drink more but you can't take it out.

5 minute CWE - easy, effective and well suited for knocking one out in your car (fnarr, fnarr).

Materials:

Quantity of co-codamol tablets
Bottle of cold drinking water
Empty glass bottle (I use a 35cl vodka bottle)
Sheet of stiff card (a greetings card is ideal)
J Cloth
Sheet of kitchen roll
Vessel to drink from (mug, cup, glass, etc)

Method:

Take the sheet of card and fold it in half (if you're using a greetings card, that bit's already done). Fold the 3 open sides over to create an envelope.

Open the card up again and empty out your required number of tablets close to the centre line, then fold up again.

Lay the card on a firm surface then use the glass bottle to pulverise the tablets within. I find a combination of bashing and rolling works well. Do this until all tablets are a fine powder. The cardboard envelope contains all of the powder.

Open up the card and using the centre crease channel the powdered tablets into the neck of the bottle you used to crush them.

Take your bottle of water and squirt enough water into the glass bottle to just cover the powdered tablets.

Swirl the bottle around to thoroughly mix the water and powder. You only need to do it for a few seconds and it will still look like a sludgy mess.

Take the J cloth and thoroughly wet with cold water, then squeeze out the excess. Lay the cloth out flat.

Place the piece of kitchen roll flat on top of the J cloth and ensure the kitchen roll gets wet all over from the cloth. This is your filter.

Place the filter (with the J cloth facing down) over the top of your drinking vessel. Push down in the middle to create a depression, taking care not to tear the kitchen roll.

Pour the contents of the glass bottle into the depression in the filter. Don't worry about any residues in the bottle, that's the shit you don't want, but you can add a few extra ml of water to wash it out if you want - it won't hurt.

Don't bother waiting for the liquid to filter through, gather up the edges of the cloth so that the gunk is all in a ball over the top of the mug then start squeezing, working down to the ball of gunk. The J cloth prevents the kitchen roll from bursting so you can squeeze fairly hard (you can't do this with coffee filters - you'd be there all fuckin day waiting for it to filter through).

The filtrate in the mug should be relatively clear, but a little cloudiness is acceptable.

Drink the contents of the mug. It should taste very bitter.

Results:

Does the fuckin job!

Discussion:

This method removes the need to fuck about with fridges/freezers and coffee filters and is a forced filtration somewhat akin to vacuum filtration which speeds the process up significantly rather than having to wait for hours for the filtrate to slowly drip through the increasingly clogged coffee filters. It also minimises absorption of the good stuff by the filter. I've tried lots of different methods and this quick n dirty one works just as well imo - especially for an impatient cunt like me... :)

Last edited:
Fubar has a good technique for you.

(I just merged your threads together)

Last edited:
I tried the coffee filters because I couldn't fully understand the other method it was a complete failure anyway maybe it's fate telling me not to do it mine didn't filter properly the water was as thick as blue lid milk so I chucked it away not worth the risk.

I tried the coffee filters because I couldn't fully understand the other method it was a complete failure anyway maybe it's fate telling me not to do it mine didn't filter properly the water was as thick as blue lid milk so I chucked it away not worth the risk.

Which method couldn't you understand, the one I posted? I don't believe I could make it any simpler. Perhaps you shouldn't be attempting to do this then. I notice you said "wtf is a filter lol" - this doesn't bode well...

Search brother, the search has all you need, mega threads on CWE (cold water extraction) its such a simple process. If you need a dumbed down guide, PM me.

You are not doing it correct, clearly. PM me, FUBAR made it clear enough but i will dumb it down for you.

5 minute CWE - easy, effective and well suited for knocking one out in your car (fnarr, fnarr).

Materials:

Quantity of co-codamol tablets
Bottle of cold drinking water
Empty glass bottle (I use a 35cl vodka bottle)
Sheet of stiff card (a greetings card is ideal)
J Cloth
Sheet of kitchen roll
Vessel to drink from (mug, cup, glass, etc)

Method:

Take the sheet of card and fold it in half (if you're using a greetings card, that bit's already done). Fold the 3 open sides over to create an envelope.

Open the card up again and empty out your required number of tablets close to the centre line, then fold up again.

Lay the card on a firm surface then use the glass bottle to pulverise the tablets within. I find a combination of bashing and rolling works well. Do this until all tablets are a fine powder. The cardboard envelope contains all of the powder.

Open up the card and using the centre crease channel the powdered tablets into the neck of the bottle you used to crush them.

Take your bottle of water and squirt enough water into the glass bottle to just cover the powdered tablets.

Swirl the bottle around to thoroughly mix the water and powder. You only need to do it for a few seconds and it will still look like a sludgy mess.

Take the J cloth and thoroughly wet with cold water, then squeeze out the excess. Lay the cloth out flat.

Place the piece of kitchen roll flat on top of the J cloth and ensure the kitchen roll gets wet all over from the cloth. This is your filter.

Place the filter (with the J cloth facing down) over the top of your drinking vessel. Push down in the middle to create a depression, taking care not to tear the kitchen roll.

Pour the contents of the glass bottle into the depression in the filter. Don't worry about any residues in the bottle, that's the shit you don't want, but you can add a few extra ml of water to wash it out if you want - it won't hurt.

Don't bother waiting for the liquid to filter through, gather up the edges of the cloth so that the gunk is all in a ball over the top of the mug then start squeezing, working down to the ball of gunk. The J cloth prevents the kitchen roll from bursting so you can squeeze fairly hard (you can't do this with coffee filters - you'd be there all fuckin day waiting for it to filter through).

The filtrate in the mug should be relatively clear, but a little cloudiness is acceptable.

Drink the contents of the mug. It should taste very bitter.

Results:

Does the fuckin job!

Discussion:

This method removes the need to fuck about with fridges/freezers and coffee filters and is a forced filtration somewhat akin to vacuum filtration which speeds the process up significantly rather than having to wait for hours for the filtrate to slowly drip through the increasingly clogged coffee filters. It also minimises absorption of the good stuff by the filter. I've tried lots of different methods and this quick n dirty one works just as well imo - especially for an impatient cunt like me... :)

Perfectly explained sir, hats off. There are so many ways to do it, but this is a method i havent used but obviously works, i allow mine to dissolve in luke warm water rather than bashing the pills, then allow to cool to the point of bearing near freezing the top layer, then filter, comes out crystal clear. But either way works.

The codeine stays dissolved in the cold water, the APAP floats around as a solid. You just filter out the solid crap and you have your codeine water left over, there's still a little bit of paracetamol left in the water but not enough to cause problems.

The rationale behind the CWE method is that codeine phosphate dissolves easily in cold water. Paracetamol (acetaminophen) much less so. Therefore the codeine will dissolve in a small amount of water leaving no room for the paracetamol to dissolve. Yes, you're going to get some paracetamol in the final product, but if done properly it will be far below the maximum recommend dose, whereas the codeine content can be a significant recreational dose.

The rationale behind the CWE method is that codeine phosphate dissolves easily in cold water. Paracetamol (acetaminophen) much less so. Therefore the codeine will dissolve in a small amount of water leaving no room for the paracetamol to dissolve. Yes, you're going to get some paracetamol in the final product, but if done properly it will be far below the maximum recommend dose, whereas the codeine content can be a significant recreational dose.

Spot on there. I believe i am doing a great CWE for a newbie CWEer lol been doing it about a year now, find kitchen roll 2 ply much better than coffee filters, the solution is fine to look kinda cloudly just nowhere near milky else that shit putting you in hospital. Mine is usually very very clear and bitter of course, i still get my codeine tabs 30mg also but CWE comes in handy when trying to save the codeine tabs.