• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc How to extend Nicotine effects beyond minutes?

hellspawn1

Bluelighter
Being an occasional smoker and user of dipping tobacco, I manage to retain a relatively low tolerance to nicotine, but as all tobacco connaisseurs know, the buzz is short-lived, so how would one go about extending it lasting beyond a few mere minutes?

Re-administring works only up to a certain point and effects still fade shortly. I was wondering if there are ways to make the pleasant nicotine effects linger or "loop" in your system for a longer amount of time?

I'm not certain about the physiologial aspects, but I'd like to try supplemental routes in order to extend the initial mood-elevating and positive bodily sensations from nicotine.

Any suggestions? (If possible)

Buy nicotine vaping fluid (i think it's nicotine + propylene glycol / glycerine) and apply it dermally. It can be very cost-effective solution. Easiest way would be to use nicotine patches.

Buy nicotine vaping fluid (i think it's nicotine + propylene glycol / glycerine) and apply it dermally. It can be very cost-effective solution. Easiest way would be to use nicotine patches.

That would deliver nicotine over the course of the day sure, but with nicotine it seems to be either "slow and steady" but without the kick, or applying a higher amount and getting the kick but only for a brief moment

when i started nicotine the buzz was more then a day (really i well documented this).
but now i'm addicted to nicotine and took it the whole last ~8 months, i just get the buzz for few seconds then it Disappear, and the only why to get other few seconds buzz is but stopping smoking for 12 hours, so i sometimes get the buzz when i first wake up from sleep and take my after-sleep hits

the nicotine buzz short lived because tachyphylaxis (rapid developing tolerance due to past intake) there is no way to overcome it

Asbstaining for a while gets the kick back, yep, but it's still a brief one. Tolerance is not an issue but rather making the nicotine niceness last and keep doing its "initial" thing. Hours over minutes, now that would be fun. (And also a top-selling selling drug)

Hmm Ive been smoking for 18 years now and have never heard of a way to extend it. Dipping is pretty long lasting already IME.

The only solution I can think of would be to find a patch meant for above your level of cigarette smoking and keep that on. You would just be increasing your tolerance and addiction though, and then that patch wouldnt work anymore.

Hey hellspawn. I totally understand what you're getting at, but the short answer is that I don't believe that this venture is really even worth your time. I've smoked a pack a day in the past and I've also gone long periods with Nicotine being only a very occasional thing. These days, I pretty much smoke a butt in the morning when I wake up and after dinner. I'll have one during the day sometimes as well. In the end, this is the most satisfying way of using Nicotine that I have experimented with. I find it is a good middle between maximizing the enjoyment of smoking, limiting inter-dose symptoms of Nicotine withdrawal (anxiety, that sort of thing).

I've been a daily Cannabis user since I was a teenager and I still do. It's a similar circumstance for me, because at this point in my life, I don't have real control over my usage of any psychoactive substances aside from Gabapentinoids, Cannabis and Nicotine. Everything else, it's either all or nothing. It's often tempting to smoke a joint at lunch, but I've found I enjoy everything about Cannabis and can truly appreciate it better by not ever smoking/using more than twice per day. I see these dudes on Youtube and such who are smoking full grams of shatter in a single hit. I doubt they can ever feel the way they really want to feel regardless of how much they smoke.

Like a lot of things in life, I guess you can say the middle way is often the best. You can enjoy your smoke more, spend less and be healthier by limiting your intake to a certain degree. I hear what others are saying regarding Transdermal patches and such, but I think most would agree that using Nicotine in a controlled-release form like this is not at all the same thing as smoking a cigarette or packing a lip. Nicotine is pretty much only enjoyed when someone gets a quick, powerful hit.

I quit smoking in 09, for no other reason than vanity. I started vaping in 2015 because I needed a vice besides alcohol. I thought I'd just do the zero nicotine juice and be fine. That lasted maybe a month, tops. My first return to nicotine was with a juice called 'I Love Donuts', 3%. I'll never forget it for the simple fact that the incredible buzz lasted a whole 2 hours, maybe longer. It went on like that for about 4-5 days, absolute bliss.

Hey hellspawn. I totally understand what you're getting at, but the short answer is that I don't believe that this venture is really even worth your time. I've smoked a pack a day in the past and I've also gone long periods with Nicotine being only a very occasional thing. These days, I pretty much smoke a butt in the morning when I wake up and after dinner. I'll have one during the day sometimes as well. In the end, this is the most satisfying way of using Nicotine that I have experimented with. I find it is a good middle between maximizing the enjoyment of smoking, limiting inter-dose symptoms of Nicotine withdrawal (anxiety, that sort of thing).

I've been a daily Cannabis user since I was a teenager and I still do. It's a similar circumstance for me, because at this point in my life, I don't have real control over my usage of any psychoactive substances aside from Gabapentinoids, Cannabis and Nicotine. Everything else, it's either all or nothing. It's often tempting to smoke a joint at lunch, but I've found I enjoy everything about Cannabis and can truly appreciate it better by not ever smoking/using more than twice per day. I see these dudes on Youtube and such who are smoking full grams of shatter in a single hit. I doubt they can ever feel the way they really want to feel regardless of how much they smoke.

Like a lot of things in life, I guess you can say the middle way is often the best. You can enjoy your smoke more, spend less and be healthier by limiting your intake to a certain degree. I hear what others are saying regarding Transdermal patches and such, but I think most would agree that using Nicotine in a controlled-release form like this is not at all the same thing as smoking a cigarette or packing a lip. Nicotine is pretty much only enjoyed when someone gets a quick, powerful hit.

Yeah, guess I'll have to take brief moments of nico-joy on special occasions only, but I'm waiting for someone to invent a nicotine buzz extender, making the initial kick last over the course of hours. Speaking of which, read what the guy below says:

I quit smoking in 09, for no other reason than vanity. I started vaping in 2015 because I needed a vice besides alcohol. I thought I'd just do the zero nicotine juice and be fine. That lasted maybe a month, tops. My first return to nicotine was with a juice called 'I Love Donuts', 3%. I'll never forget it for the simple fact that the incredible buzz lasted a whole 2 hours, maybe longer. It went on like that for about 4-5 days, absolute bliss.

Damn, 2 hours? That's unheard of, at least to me until you mentioned it. Even first timers usually only have the buzz last a few minutes. What's your secret? An alien metabolism?

Damn, 2 hours? That's unheard of, at least to me until you mentioned it. Even first timers usually only have the buzz last a few minutes. What's your secret? An alien metabolism?
Oh lot's of things.
Donating blood, volunteer work at the local soup kitchen, stopping traffic for crossing ducks, returning my library books on time, etc.
Just decided to cash out the 6 years of good karma i had saved up.

I quit smoking about 5 years ago.

Covid and other stressors later and I picked up a half to a pack a day within a short period. I kept saying I’d quit but couldn’t.

Buddy kept nagging me to make the switch to vaping as it’s arguably safer. So I grabbed a vape and some 50mg juice. Those first few days the buzz though short seemed to satiate me for hours.

I’ve since tapered down weekly, spending two weeks on 6 and 3 mg. Why? Because I found that like cigs the buzz eventually faded and I was getting nothing from it. Even, before I jumped off I went back to 35 mg for the occasional puff (in the am, pm and after meals) but within a day, only the first one in the am did anything for a buzz and it was so short and no longer satisfying

Been a 8 days without any nicotine and while jumping off was easier than cigs I still had some withdrawals, both physical and mental, especially the first few days.

Now I find myself justifying going back... but why? Seems so pointless. Unlike Keif'above, nicotine is not a substance I can moderate My usage. And believe me, I’ve delused myself many times in the past (leading back to prolonged nicotine addiction). Sure am envious of those who can moderate nicotine use

Tl;dr I don’t know of anything to extend a nicotine buzz other than only using in moderation / upon occasion

Well it depends on your physiology and what type of administration you use. Smoking was the first thing I tried and I never got much from it. I just liked the smell of cigars. I tried dip once and I felt sick but I guess that was technically a buzz. I tried Nicorette at some point and caught a nice, long buzz with that but I couldn't do it everyday since it was so powerful I had to sit down

I now use nasal snuff and I only occasionally catch a full on buzz but I think that's because I use it all day every day, but I can use grams of the stuff and get pretty wired without feeling gross. Snus is supposed to be good for nicotine delivery but since I've never seen it here I've never tried it. I guess I'm not supposed to mention brands but a hint, the major one is Swedish

I've never tried snuff, patches or gum, but the only way I can get a nicotine 'buzz' these days is by not smoking for at least 12 hours then having a ready rolled. This gives me a 30 second feeling of 'aaah!' Then that's it.

I normally smoke roll ups, and I can smoke loads of them with no seeming ill effects. But a couple of ready rolleds or a vape has me coughing my guts up. I fuckin hate vaping. That moist vapour feels more toxic to me than any fag.

But even though I rarely 'feel' the nicotine these days, give me a few hours without a roll up and I'll show you a cunt...

These days, I pretty much smoke a butt in the morning when I wake up and after dinner. I'll have one during the day sometimes as well. In the end, this is the most satisfying way of using Nicotine that I have experimented with. I find it is a good middle between maximizing the enjoyment of smoking, limiting inter-dose symptoms of Nicotine withdrawal (anxiety, that sort of thing).
YES. Absolutely spot on, it really is the only way to harness the pleasant effects of nicotine on a 'day to day' basis. This was actually how I managed to quit when I did.
I limited myself to 2 ciggs a day for 3 months.
1 in the morning with coffee, and 1 at night after dinner.
Then another 3 months of just the 1 after dinner (those are the best). After that, it was very easy to make the jump off.

It's often tempting to smoke a joint at lunch, but I've found I enjoy everything about Cannabis and can truly appreciate it better by not ever smoking/using more than twice per day. I see these dudes on Youtube and such who are smoking full grams of shatter in a single hit. I doubt they can ever feel the way they really want to feel regardless of how much they smoke.
This too. I've been an 'only at night before bed' pot smoker for longer than I can remember. Its the only time I truly enjoy marijuana and get to appreciate the psychedelic effects without the horrible depression/anxiety/guilt that daytime smoking gives me.

Like the Tweakerguy mentioned and Keif. Limitation.

And even then its just about the enjoyment, not prolonging the short buzz. I am a Cannabis smoker lets say 3 times a day. and I always end my puff with Tobacco. The last filling of my pipe. And although I do this three times a day. Calling it a buzz is an overstatement. But added to the THC and most of the times on a therapeutic dosage of DexAmph its nice. 30 grams of Tobacco last me over a month.

Tobacco used this way on its one is worthless.

I abstained from tobacco (or any nicotine) for years before returning, only to find a strong but short-lasting buzz. So not using it for a long time sure gets the punch back, but unfortunately not for hours like some claim.
Would've loved to be so lucky to have it keep going for a full day. Genetic lottery strikes again.