• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

How to excell at life?

elgoucho9

Bluelighter
This thought has been entering my head so much lately. It has engulfed alot of the content i consume, to a perhaps unhealthy degree.

But i want more, from life. I have a great family that is fact. I have friends, enough really but they aren'y close to me to be catching up regularly and anyone i mix with local whenever i wouldn't really consider as friends so much as aquaintances.

So for instance there are all these people who've smashed the internet. Andrew Tate, Kurt Caz, Roberto vs the world even that guy the Psychopath LifeCoach Lewis Taylor who apparently is worth in excess of £25million. It's plain to see through the bullshit and that absolutely none of these people are 100% genuine. Nor should any sane person expect them to be. But irregardless of any of that the blue print to how to do it is there for all to see. Post a few relatable youtube videos. Do some travelling. For all anyone hates any of the above i can totally understand that and their are valid reasons for most of them to receive some negative feedback at least. However to me it's like if i check myself, i also have some negative traits i need to recognise myself.

So what gives here? Has anyone here made life changing progress online? I think it would almost take a certain type of false character to some degree, as no one can be 100% enthusiastic and positive all the time. I've just started to think that if you were travelling like a video a day would be quite achievable. I am not as charasmatic as these people, however i also feel like because it's all been put on then surely one can work on oneself along the way too.

Has anyone started anything like this and been successful? I tried asking on reddit but wasn't allowed to post in the life subforum. I wasn't sure if this was better in TDS or Health and Recovery.

@elgoucho9

Hm.

The simples way I can synthesize what I'm thinking is that everyone is part good part bad, but usually those who are successful have a net-positive effect.

It can be unfair. And some have to try harder than others to come off in a socially acceptable way.

But I'd say, do your best to be a positive influence and if you're true to yourself there will be people who can relate, and people who will back you up, support you and help you succeed

@elgoucho9

Hm.

The simples way I can synthesize what I'm thinking is that everyone is part good part bad, but usually those who are successful have a net-positive effect.

It can be unfair. And some have to try harder than others to come off in a socially acceptable way.

But I'd say, do your best to be a positive influence and if you're true to yourself there will be people who can relate, and people who will back you up, support you and help you succeed

Yeah i realised the content would need to be raw and resonate with people.

Something like what that Lewis Taylor has pulled is genius with the Hunger Starter, basically a recovery group/ life coaching but it's become more like a pyramid scheme lol.

It is just so fascinating to me that the greatest chance you will ever truly have to get rich is at our finger tips yet most of us are doing nothing about it.

There are so many youtubers raking it in. I feel like there is genuine opportunity for someone with zero skills there to make money. I am just unsure what subject matter i would go with. Travel vlogs seem like something that could become a passive income which would potentially pay for the upkeep of the lifestyle which itself is impressive still.

@elgoucho9

Yeah I mean i think about the same things honestly.

I've become less materialistic with age but also I feel like I could be of greater influence than what I'm doing outside the forum.

I have trouble finding things that move and motivate me outside of like money and excitement but if I were you, I'd look hard into your real life experiences, see what you absolutely undoubtedly are proficient at and also what you absolutely undoubtedly are interested in, and merge the two

Probably better suited for LAVA. Mind if I move it there?

@elgoucho9

Yeah I mean i think about the same things honestly.

I've become less materialistic with age but also I feel like I could be of greater influence than what I'm doing outside the forum.

I have trouble finding things that move and motivate me outside of like money and excitement but if I were you, I'd look hard into your real life experiences, see what you absolutely undoubtedly are proficient at and also what you absolutely undoubtedly are interested in, and merge the two

Yeah that last paragraph in particular is the crux of it all.

I'm watching The Tinder Swindler now. While obviously very immoral it's like i am fascinated how far some of these guys just blag everything online and manage to make a fortune 😂

If i had 10k cash now i'd book a holiday to Vietnam or Hong Kong and buy a decent go pro. I think when you look at someone like say Roberto vs the World and consider he is making over 10k per month there isn't that much to what he's doing other than waffling online mostly.

Probably better suited for LAVA. Mind if I move it there?

Don't even know where LAVA is but wherever it might get the most responses as i have become genuinely fascinated by all this. Feel i'm still living 5 years in the past since discovering all this.

Don't even know where LAVA is but wherever it might get the most responses as i have become genuinely fascinated by all this. Feel i'm still living 5 years in the past since discovering all this.
Life advice and visual arts. Could also go in education and careers. Now that it's in lava I can't move it anymore. So if it doesn't get the response necessary, message Mysterier or a senior mod or admin.

Yeah that last paragraph in particular is the crux of it all.

I'm watching The Tinder Swindler now. While obviously very immoral it's like i am fascinated how far some of these guys just blag everything online and manage to make a fortune 😂

If i had 10k cash now i'd book a holiday to Vietnam or Hong Kong and buy a decent go pro. I think when you look at someone like say Roberto vs the World and consider he is making over 10k per month there isn't that much to what he's doing other than waffling online mostly.

Yup people are dumb as shit so find a legal scam and rake it in.

But, this may take TIME. Learn things. About you, others, everything.

And dont get all your info from the Internet. Get out and fail. And I'm not joking. Go see what moves you.

Yup people are dumb as shit so find a legal scam and rake it in.

But, this may take TIME. Learn things. About you, others, everything.

And dont get all your info from the Internet. Get out and fail. And I'm not joking. Go see what moves you.

See i'm waiting on a driving ban anyway. And happen to have one nice possession is a BMW Msport that i'm hoping i could sell then use the money to start up something like this.

Yes it is a plunge in the dark but it's like that raw type content surely sells itself. Like i dare say if i'd had the go pro on past occassions i could have already made money.

If you want to see how much some of these travel vloggers blag it watch some of RobertoVsTheWorld content. Alot of the lies he tells like saying hes a crypto trader etc even add to the entertainment aspect of it all and his overall appeal as a youtuber imo.

It is just so fascinating to me that the greatest chance you will ever truly have to get rich is at our finger tips yet most of us are doing nothing about it.
True.

But in my 64 years I've known people from all walks of life and I can assure you that money does not guarantee happiness. Sure, it's nice to have enough so that paying your bills isn't a constant worry. But I've known wealthy people who were utterly miserable and people who made just enough to get by who were quite happy.

If what you enjoy doing also makes you lots of money, great! But chasing money for its own sake is a hollow pursuit-- and you'll probably never be satisfied. Like any other addiction, you always want more and it's never quite enough.

Also, anybody who claims to have all the answers is full of shit. This applies to business, politics, religion, lifestyle, everything. What they've succeeded in doing is conning suckers out of their money. That's all they're really good at and their personal relationships are usually disasters.

True.

But in my 64 years I've known people from all walks of life and I can assure you that money does not guarantee happiness. Sure, it's nice to have enough so that paying your bills isn't a constant worry. But I've known wealthy people who were utterly miserable and people who made just enough to get by who were quite happy.

If what you enjoy doing also makes you lots of money, great! But chasing money for its own sake is a hollow pursuit-- and you'll probably never be satisfied. Like any other addiction, you always want more and it's never quite enough.

Also, anybody who claims to have all the answers is full of shit. This applies to business, politics, religion, lifestyle, everything. What they've succeeded in doing is conning suckers out of their money. That's all they're really good at and their personal relationships are usually disasters.

Oh for sure mate. I just about killed myself with 30k before spent on a random trip and disappeared into a spiralling cocaine problem. So i'm well aware that spend it wrong and it will make you miserable. And you are right about the shallow persuits too.

I think i would enjoy travel vlogging. It wouldn't be purely about the money so much there as being self sufficient in paying for itself. Surely sucking up alot of life experience and good times along the way there.

It's just when i watch some of these other guys content and see how many views they are getting/money they are making seems like an easy way of making money in this day and age!

PS for anyone who's watched that Tinder swindler what an epic ending haha. Dude got swindled himself in the end 😂. Still incredible a dude telling such far fetched lies is assumed to have taken 10million $ from victims. Savage.

Luck + good genetics and being raised in a beneficial environment.

I reckon it's mainly down to charisma which with alot of these guys is all put on for the camera tbh mate. No doubt there's an element of luck to whether the popularity takes off, and there is actually a fair bit of work in filming the content and video editting.

I reckon it's mainly down to charisma which with alot of these guys is all put on for the camera tbh mate. No doubt there's an element of luck to whether the popularity takes off, and there is actually a fair bit of work in filming the content and video editting.
Tbh I was mostly answering the broader question about how to excel at life.

Seems you’re specifically asking how to make money online by influencing people.
There seems to be a vague recipe for that : start by finding your niche, be consistent, have a differentiating factor (personal brand) and most importantly get lucky.

Luck can only get you so far. Poor discussion making destroys lives. Don't believe me, look around.

A lot of these vloggers have a niche. They sell themselves as actualized people to the masses of alienated young men out there.The crux of what makes them popular isn't simply a record travel or opulance, as much as it is selling hope.

Also, I would caution that the influencer field is rather dense, and the costs of portraying such a life of Riley are not insignificant. Very few of these influencers are self made men, allowing them to focus on producing content rather than the hustle. I think there are similar odds to becoming rich as a musician or athlete, just that the required skills are different (and because they are soft skills, people underestimate their importance).

Luck can only get you so far. Poor discussion making destroys lives. Don't believe me, look around.

100% truth this man. The sad part is most of us fail to apply this to ourselves. I've been reflecting alot lately on my own terrible decision making.

A lot of these vloggers have a niche. They sell themselves as actualized people to the masses of alienated young men out there.The crux of what makes them popular isn't simply a record travel or opulance, as much as it is selling hope.

Also, I would caution that the influencer field is rather dense, and the costs of portraying such a life of Riley are not insignificant. Very few of these influencers are self made men, allowing them to focus on producing content rather than the hustle. I think there are similar odds to becoming rich as a musician or athlete, just that the required skills are different (and because they are soft skills, people underestimate their importance).

Totally agreed mate. They sell the persona, alongside the content. Alot of these guys the content even is quite heavily recycled because their persona is what the viewer tunes in for mostly. That said all these big charasmatic personalities i think most are purely put on for the camera. I believe the camera in a way makes it easier for anyone to act charesmatic though, as your aware of being filmed.