• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to even out an adderall crash?

nancy145

Bluelighter
I'm prescribed 20 mg of adderall IR for a number of problems, but need a higher dose to treat it so I usually plug to be more efficient. Because it's IR and I plug it, I get a huge crash halfway through the day. I've been using caffeine to try to even it out, but the crash is still pretty bad. Does anyone know any other ways to help out with the crash?

Benzos are really the only thing that will totally knock out a stim comedown in its tracks. I've heard anti psychotics like seroquel do as well but I've never tried those. Opiates mask the symptoms for a few hours and you'll feel good for a little bit and then your back to square one once they wear off. I have been on adderall for months and have tried loads of prescription meds and otc meds to aid a comedown. Nothing works like a benzo because it actually sort of "fixes" the problem. Whatever you do don't smoke weed or take Benadryl! It helps for some but makes things WAY worse for most people on a stim comedown. If you can't get benzos or opiates make sure you eat a 1000 calorie meal, hydrate, and get a hot shower. That's really all you can do. Some other meds that may help ever so slightly would by hydroxyzine, valerian root, 5htp, l-tyrosine and maybe some melatonin. Keep in mind though that with otc stuff some stuff works great for others but makes stuff even worse for others, so use with caution. Like I said a benzo is really the only thing that will totally knock out a comedown.

Also, if you take a benzo or opiate please do research if your not familiar with them! And those substances should only be used for the more rougher comedowns, not every single time obviously.

Using a benzo or opiate for a stim comedown is a great way to wind up with a dual-addiction. Of course, everyone says they'll only use them for the really bad ones.

a beer, some tea?

food.. a joint?

benzos are good if you don't use stims everyday as others have said. easy to slip into benzo addiction:\.

I dont use adderall often and not in high doses so i dont really "crash" i just feel... Wierd? But i always take klonopin after adderall and it always makes me feel a more normal.

Using a benzo or opiate for a stim comedown is a great way to wind up with a dual-addiction. Of course, everyone says they'll only use them for the really bad ones.

True, some oxy feels like heaven on a stim comedown cause you go from feeling like shit to euphoric in minutes. And benzos will literally just turn off the comedown like a light switch and relax you so they can be very dually addictive for sure. But anybody who takes drugs knows the risk.

I'm prescribed 20 mg of adderall IR for a number of problems, but need a higher dose to treat it so I usually plug to be more efficient. Because it's IR and I plug it, I get a huge crash halfway through the day. I've been using caffeine to try to even it out, but the crash is still pretty bad. Does anyone know any other ways to help out with the crash?

These are huge red flags. Taking more than 15-20mg of prescribed Adderall (orally) over the course of a day is asking for serious trouble down the line, let alone the fact that you're taking more than prescribed using a route of administration (ROA) that's as close to shoving a needle into your arm that you can get. Slow your roll, see a talk therapist to discuss ways to deal with ADHD, use the 25min/5min pomodoro technique to better manage your time, take less amphetamines, and you'll avoid having unbearable comedowns in the first place.

the best way that I've found to counteract the crash is a small meal and multivitamins an hour or two before you think you are going to crash and plenty of water throughout. I'm not just saying that to get you on the strait and narrow or something that's honestly the best way I've found, besides a good dose of opiates but that'll be very problematic in the long term.

It sucks eating on adderall, I know, but it really does help.

Like was already mentioned, nothing beats benzos. I tend to avoid amphetamines these days altogether but when I enjoyed them more and had regular access, even alcohol didn't get the job done for adderall crashes. It essentially just prolonged it until the next day and started the cycle of feeling like shit all over again.

If benzos are inaccessible, clonidine is probably the next best thing, and I'd think you may even be able to have the doctor prescribe it for that purpose. It's not like severe crash from adderall can only happen at doses higher than what you're prescribed.

Trying to use caffeine is only going to make the crash even worse.

Yes ive found just rehydrating and refeeding and normally ill just feel so full ill falkvasleep