• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How to End All Leading Causes of Death in a Way That Profits Everyone

SpunkySkunk347

Bluelighter
How to save millions of lives; too long didn't read version:

1. HEART DISEASE - Resources used to make junkfood are used for fuel for cars and industry. Tax write-offs get junkfood companies onboard.

2. LUNG CANCER - Land used for growing tobacco is switched to cannabis and edible vegetables instead.

3. MEDICAL ERRORS - Simple. Two (or three) doctors per patient, per visit, same room, same time, discussing their prognosis with the patient. Same goes for medical workers.

4. STROKES - A consequence of bad nutrition that will be resolved by the first and second leading causes of death being addressed.

5. Alzheimer's - state mandatory red meat for old people.

6. Diabetes - The solution to the first leading cause of death also reduces this one.

7. Influenza and Pneumonia - With hospital workers bored now, they'll be able to focus their efforts on beating this one!

8. Kidney Disease - Water. Good clean water. State mandatory if necessary. 'Tap water phobias' may account for a large percent of kidney-related deaths.

9. Suicides - Who would want to kill themselves in a world with such a bright future ahead of it where all leading causes of death are disappearing?

?. Liver failure - acetaminophen is made illegal.

FULL VERSION:

1. HEART DISEASE - Resources used to make junkfood are used for fuel for cars and industry. Tax write-offs get junkfood companies onboard.

2. LUNG CANCER - Land used for growing tobacco is switched to cannabis and edible vegetables instead. Perhaps by constitutional amendment this would work best, that effective a certain date, tobacco is not allowed to be grown, sold, harvested, or imported within the United States of America. Then cannabis would have to be legalized so that the profit incentive is there for the tobacco companies, who could expect to make many-fold more money from a product that even weighs less to ship -- the catch would be that a certain percentage of land would have to be used for healthy edible vegetables after nicotine levels in topsoil go away.

3. MEDICAL ERRORS - Simple. Two (or three) doctors per patient, per visit, same room, same time, discussing their prognosis with the patient. Same goes for medical workers. The fact that liability is spread evenly between the two or three doctors or medical workers means the other has incentive to make sure the other doesn't screw up. And two minds are better than one! The other possible solution would be merit-based pay, where annual income doubles ever 4 years or so if none of their patients die due to an error they made.

4. STROKES - A consequence of bad nutrition that will be resolved by the first and second leading causes of death being addressed. Another possible solution would be amphetamine and alcohol prescribed simply to get people to walk more (in a world where doing nothing is one of the leading causes of death, with a body that is engineered by evolution to live - if something could only give one the will to live!). Frequent cardio-based exercise drastically reduces probability of a stroke.

5. Alzheimer's - Not really sure how to tackle this one; could it be that daily psychiatric medications cause a desynchronization of the nervous system over decades, especially in old age? Maybe a strong correlation there would be present. Well, the solution then would be to limit daily use of certain medications and merely allow the companies making them to charge more for them. Also, red meat!

6. Diabetes - The solution to the first leading cause of death also reduces this one.

7. Influenza and Pneumonia - With millions of patients' lives saved and the hospital now sort of empty, they'll be able to focus their efforts on beating this one!

8. Kidney Disease - Water. Good clean water. State mandatory if necessary. 'Tap water phobias' may account for a large percent of kidney-related deaths.

9. Suicides - Who would want to kill themselves in a world with such a bright future ahead of it where all leading causes of death are disappearing?

?. Liver failure - acetaminophen is made illegal. Companies which make acetaminophen-containing products switch to something else, and profit from no longer being subjected to lawsuit after lawsuit.

I wrote a book titled that covers the same topic as this thread in the first chapter; it just so happens that book is free to read right now on this forum in the 'Words' subforum! Also available on amazon. Hope you enjoy! Make me rich for my ideas please!! :)

Share this thread to save millions of lives!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll see where this goes but reserve the right to close it. Don't advertise your book

Last edited:
It is ridiculous to suggest that multiple doctors per visit would be a cost efficient solution. Alzheimer’s is likely a lifelong inheritable disease.

It is ridiculous to suggest that multiple doctors per visit would be a cost efficient solution. Alzheimer’s is likely a lifelong inheritable disease.
I'm trying to piece the algebra together; my heart is certain it's cost effective.

Factor #1: Doctors and medical workers are no longer getting sued. What's more cost effective than not losing money due to mistakes?

Factor #2: Although only half the doctors might be available at a given time, presumably they might get their work done twice as fast, and are twice as efficient due to pairing up!

Factor #3: Less medical errors = less complications = less patients to manage.

Factor #4: There would be a budget surplus for tax dollars set aside for healthcare due to all the patients who have been cured/restored to health by a team of doctors rather than a single doctor - and thus, the budget surplus could go to paying medical workers more for routine visits, check-ups, etc.

Basically, "cost effective" is a misnomer here as the tax dollars set aside for the healthcare system is going to be the same number for the year regardless - medical workers and hospitals are going to get paid the same total number of dollars anyway, so whether or not something is 'cost effective' is an illusion. What really matters is the job getting done correctly.

Factor #2: Although only half the doctors might be available at a given time, presumably they might get their work done twice as fast, and are twice as efficient due to pairing up!

Well, medical treatment isn't like bricklaying. Just because you have two doctors, doesn't mean the wall is going to be built twice as fast.

I don't really want to feed the troll (no offence) but I'm sure you realize that nearly all of the diseases you list above have multifactorial causes, while your saving ideas reduce them to layman concepts that can be eliminated by a single turn of a wheel (except maybe lung cancer, which IS in an overwhelming majority caused by smoking).

Your “idea“ for the reasons for suicide is the most hilarious thing off your list.
Acetaminophen, while possessing a certain liver toxicity, is by no means the leading cause of liver failure, and it takes a significant amount of the stuff to induce damage of the liver.

Well, medical treatment isn't like bricklaying. Just because you have two doctors, doesn't mean the wall is going to be built twice as fast.

I don't really want to feed the troll (no offence) but I'm sure you realize that nearly all of the diseases you list above have multifactorial causes, while your saving ideas reduce them to layman concepts that can be eliminated by a single turn of a wheel (except maybe lung cancer, which IS in an overwhelming majority caused by smoking).

Your “idea“ for the reasons for suicide is the most hilarious thing off your list.
Acetaminophen, while possessing a certain liver toxicity, is by no means the leading cause of liver failure, and it takes a significant amount of the stuff to induce damage of the liver.
It's deaths from Medical Errors, the third leading cause of death, that would be effectively countered by having two doctors per patient per visit. One might just end up staying silent however while the other one talks -- oh well, as long as the quiet one still points out a medical error when he sees one.

Then, still, the quiet one might not speak up for fear of disagreeing with a colleague.

So three doctors per patient per visit, same room, same time, all discussing the prognosis - that would be the most effective way of doing things. Two people staying silent is unlikely.

The quiet two will hint to each other if they disagree with the main one talking. The liability aspect of having a shared patient should be enough to get one of the two or three to speak up when they notice a medical error. Obviously, they don't want to be liable for one of their colleagues mistakes.

It would put a large dent in the number of Medical Error Deaths, that's for sure.

Yeah two doctors per patient is a non starter for multiple reasons. Economics being the most obvious. Seeing one doc is expensive two would double the cost. That medical error stat is misleading as well. It's not like they kill a healthy patient at an outpatient appointment. It's like the guys dying in the icu and they fuck up the hail marry play.

I think you're missing an important point- multiple doctors are involved in complex medical cases already. A cancer treatment plan is put together by a team. We don't have enough people with the skills to double them up even if it would help. That would leave some cancer sufferers to die due toin lack of doctors. In software its well known that after a certain point adding more people to a project decreases quality it may be the same for medicine.

Surgery-is one surgeon gonna hold the others hand? Skilled surgeons are also rare.

I also think you're oversimplifying suicide. I've attempted suicide twice and nothing you mentioned was gonna change that. You didn't even mention mental health provision!

chinup is dead-on about advanced cases, cases resistant to treatment, etc. there are already a team of doctors at hand in some cases. What are you going to do then, throw 30 more doctors on the case?

I've attempted suicide twice and nothing you mentioned was gonna change that. You didn't even mention mental health provision!
QFT our world's mental health crisis is real and needs addressing.

i have been thinking about this. tbh ending climate change would do it, the leading causes of death for countries near the equator will soon become starvation due to crop failure, thirst, heat exhaustion, or death due to the conflict over resources this will lead to.

in western countries, get a universal basic income (due to its lower administration costs, this saves money for the government) that you can actually live decently on. automate meaningless work. then people can spend time doing work they choose to, and invest time in their health if they want, exercise, healthy eating are not realistic for people working long hours at less than subsistence wages. universal healthcare of high quality with short waiting lists.

no micromanaging people's lives, it stresses them out, if people wanna eat junk and sit on the couch all day then let them, making them feel like pariahs does nothing good.

you're never gonna end addiction, suicide, eating disorders, just offer the best help available right now. legalising drugs so police time can be devoted to actually doing something about factors that contribute to these, by helping victims of crime see justice done to the perpetrators, might help a bit.

I do not want to be rude but this list... Liver failure? Ban Tylenol? That wouldn't have prevented my father's liver cancer. And you know nothing about Alzheimers, didn't even mention the aluminum relation to the illness, and are stating that red meat will rid us of this terrible disease? Red meat for old people? I watched my grandma deteriorate until she couldn't even eat solid food or open her eyes anymore. But red meat is the solution? I guess through a feeding tube for advanced patients? You have some good ideas but this is mostly ridiculous. Suicide "who would want to die?!" All of the people with mental illnesses which you seem not to think are a concern. Come on man. The fact that you said Alcohol should he prescribed people and yet you want to end liver disease? But Alcohol is ok if it gets them to walk? This is odd misinformation and just not helpful.

Okay.. I got a message from a moderator saying to post in this thread instead of making new ones

Here is the same set of concepts but in image form so it is easier to share. Might want to save it because it is literally as if Death itself is out to stop this from happening - or there is an astounding malicious instinct present in human nature; I'm ashamed to be human if that's the case.

howtoreducealldeathsintheusatozero2.png

What planet are you living on where any of this politically feasible? And what world do you live in where you think the leading cause of suicide is worries about the OTHER causes of death? People kill themselves because they want to die, not because they're worried something else is going to kill them. "Welp, I have kidney disease, might as well off myself before the cirrhosis gets me" is NOT the thought process of most suicidal people.

If you knock out a single contributing factor to a patient's death, the patient lives - as all factors had to be present in the continuity of the patient's life leading to the patient's death.

Junkfood is the single biggest contributing factor to numerous deadly illnesses. If they simply use resources used to make junkfood into feed for livestock or fuel for cars and industry instead, the problem is solved. Also, simply ratioing the portion sizes correctly could prevent obesity: just one bag of chips coming in at 2000-3000 calories is the caloric equivalent to 7 or 8 king size candy/chocolate bars or items, which usually sit around 400 calories a package. You can buy these at the dollar store - and it really seems like you're eating a lot (that's because you are, but previously you didn't realize it), but the truth is the person is just finally conscious now of that fact. So if you're Hell bent on eating junkfood, I'd advise getting it from the dollar store where the items are deceptively portioned (you think you're getting a lot, 'king size' etc, but you're actually not eating that much) - and deceptively priced, as 7-8 junkfood items at the dollar store makes them 7 or 8 dollars, where as the big bag of chips from the gas station or grocery store only costs 3 to 4 dollars. So they're also making more money, while the person thinks they're spending less and also more calorie-conscious of their choices.

Smoking is also the biggest contributing factor to lung disease, but I agree with you there are other pollutants/contaminants that need to be minimized.

Electricity as a cause of illness has been hugely ignored and unaddressed in the United States. In Europe, anything emitting more than 57 μT is illegal, as that will eventually be lethal in a matter of years. Higher μT levels result in death in a matter of months, to weeks, even hours, minutes, or death in seconds. If, for example, someone fell asleep with their head resting on an old radiator having a μT level of 140 (DO NOT TRY THIS), they would awake very, very sick, and death would result in days if they continued doing this.

Anything above 60μT is basically someplace you're going to want to get moving on from soon. Interestingly, there's usually just something telling a person that naturally.

Anything above 80μT is lethal in months/weeks/days,
anything above 90μT is lethal in weeks/days/hours
anything above 100μT is lethal in days/hours/minutes/seconds.

This would be if, say, high voltage power lines for the entire block or city ran right outside your bedroom window. These types of locations (typically low in cost of rent, too) form guillotines (execution sites) killing tenants or damaging them with severe illness, one after the other.

Even lower μT levels (high 50s, low 60s), where the estimated time for it to be lethal is 10-20 years or so, this is where alzheimers or dementia sets in (depending on whether their memories or their cognitive functioning go first).
If there is an electrical event (sparks or sudden discharge of electricity, or contact with a live wire, or bare wire in the wall leaking into a dwelling), this causes vascular damage or stroke, sometimes right away.

These are the Worst ways to die, and they're caused by electricity. The solution is for everyone to have their own set of solar panels, as the electricity needed to power their personal electrical consumption is different than having the entire neighborhood or town's electricity flowing past them in the power lines outside their window.

The weight in scrap metal of the old power lines alone pays for this, never mind the hundreds of billions of dollars made in the strip mining process for the solar panels, yielding gold and other precious metals.

Economically, the path of least resistance here suggests this should have already happened - and one reason it maybe hasn't yet is we've all been getting stupified by electricity.

What planet are you living on where any of this politically feasible? And what world do you live in where you think the leading cause of suicide is worries about the OTHER causes of death? People kill themselves because they want to die, not because they're worried something else is going to kill them. "Welp, I have kidney disease, might as well off myself before the cirrhosis gets me" is NOT the thought process of most suicidal people.

Economically, the path of least resistance here suggests these changes should have already happened - which means the motivating factor here isn't money, it's murder.
Also, what I'm getting at with reduction of suicides is, in a world where everyone cares about each other to not let each other die from preventable causes, a world that gave everyone free solar panels to stop deaths from strokes and dementia, and became a world where everyone is wealthy from stopping death and caring about each other - no one is going to want to kill themselves in a world like that.

Great!

Another potential "Dear Leader" who will fix the world because they see "the solution" and every one else is blind. I'll pass and I'm willing to be bet the rest of the world will too.

Oh for the record, I already know I'm no saint :LOL:

I think that literally Satan must be working against me here.
I mean, someone trying to get everyone free solar panels, longer lifespan, and make them wealthy in the process -- how could there be any negative feedback at all? Let alone the volume of negative feedback I've been getting.

If there's any thing in the world worth doing, getting everyone rich making life easier and being healthier for it should take priority - nothing else matters even comparatively speaking.

Not only would people be wealthier and have more money, but money itself would be worth more as the quality of consumer products drastically improves as a result.

Sparing people brain damage, making them happier, healthier, richer, more attractive, etc.. Free solar panels. What more could people even want? A bug must have crawled up their ass and died in their brain, seriously. Maybe I need to try the "Do this OR ELSE" approach? The military or the NSA can just as easily kill everyone in the way with one big list put together of baddies - if people aren't going to do this for themselves at all.

And the free solar panels doubling up production of themselves idea, or the '3D printers that can make anything, including more of themselves and robots that mine resources for them' -- these ideas aren't something that even require a lot of people to do; how hasn't a prodigal 13 year old made what I'm talking about out of legos yet? Electricity must have been making us all retarded.

A good title for a book would be "Richie Rich Gets Richer by Killing People for the Government"

I think people might be so stubborn because of Resentment. I'm going to tell you, resentment that bad looks embarrassing and childish, and is regretted later, accompanied by guilt and shame. There was a time period too when I too would have just liked to see the world end, when I was a teenager that is.

Last edited:
Let's be honest here:

Stopping strokes and alzheimers and dementia? Nah, people want their parents to die, even from brain damage, so they can get the inheritance.
Stopping medical errors? Nah, hospitals mutilating naive peoples' tits and genitals sexually arouses everyone.
Death from brain damage is what people deserve. Why am I bothering trying to help them?

The power of denial works here until I remind people that they'd fail a polygraph for those things. Forcing these changes through by polygraph would work too, with real hard-hitting questions like "Have you ever sexually fantasized about planning to build a rape dungeon?" Fuck their career up and everything if they won't get out of the fucking way.

There was the easy, feel-good way to do all this or the hard way. Just remember I offered the easy way first.

Last edited: