• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction How to dose Tramadol and Alprazolam on zoloft

kpunk2017

Bluelighter
Hey everyone im planning on doing some tramadol but im on zoloft so Im also getting some alprazolam just in case, if anyone has any harm reduction tip other than abstinence id be glad to read it, im on 50mg zoloft and I used to do between 200 and 300mg of tramadol, also what time would it be best to smoke weed? because sometimes tramadol and weed makes me feel like im tweaking or like rigid, other times just so good

You CANNOT take tramadol while on Zoloft. Zoloft is an SSRI and tramadol acts as an SNRI so when combined together can cause serotonin syndrome which can cause death.

Do not want.

Pick something else to take.

You CANNOT take tramadol while on Zoloft. Zoloft is an SSRI and tramadol acts as an SNRI so when combined together can cause serotonin syndrome which can cause death.

Do not want.

Pick something else to take.
can I just do alprazolam instead?

because sometimes tramadol and weed makes me feel like im tweaking or like rigid, other times just so good
the way you describe this could be the beginnings of serotonin syndrome like @n3ophy7e mentioned

you should familiarize yourself with the symptoms

it typically starts out with increased heart rate, blood pressure, anxiety, agitation, tremors, muscle control issues -- it might feel like you're "tweaking" or "rigid"

tramadol is dangerous in this regard because someone might end up taking MORE tramadol to counteract those symptoms, which is extremely dangerous

"Cases where opioids alone are the cause of serotonin syndrome are typically seen with tramadol, because of its dual mechanism as a serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor.[50][51] Serotonin syndrome caused by tramadol can be particularly problematic if an individual taking the drug is unaware of the risks associated with it and attempts to self-medicate symptoms such as headache, agitation, and tremors with more opioids, further exacerbating the condition."

as said, you should really never take tramadol in combination with an SSRI! Serotonin syndrome is extremely unpleasant and will land you in the hospital easily

Hey everyone im planning on doing some tramadol but im on zoloft so Im also getting some alprazolam just in case, if anyone has any harm reduction tip other than abstinence id be glad to read it, im on 50mg zoloft and I used to do between 200 and 300mg of tramadol, also what time would it be best to smoke weed? because sometimes tramadol and weed makes me feel like im tweaking or like rigid, other times just so good
Id say the strain of weed is a player in that too,some get me paranoid, my weed is pretty sedating,,
Tramadol and xanax are the perfect beach drug