View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How to deal with body load?

ahint

Bluelighter
So, I seem to be really sensitive to body sensations on psychedelics, and I've had some kind of really desperately uncomfortable body sensation on every psychedelic I've tried. (It's really hard to describe what it is - a buzzing and expanding from within?) I can deal with most other things that come up - emotional realities that hit me in the face, thought loops, etc, and I usually end up having a good time regardless. I've found a hot shower helps whilst I'm feeling most uncomfortable but that's not always practical.

How do you guys deal with body load? Does anyone have any advice?

I breathe into the sensations and stop paying attention to what was in my head.
I get more into the weird fragments of barely recognizable sensations - sometimes have to remember to relax,
I get into relaxing and awareness of posture and environment, including noises, birds flying, clouds.
Sometimes the body sensations make me think of what I ate.
when I get tense again, I remember to follow my breathing and relax and get into the sensations...
and so on

you could try fasting alot more or only eating plants and fruit before a trip. simply even pacing around your house or garden can help burn off the energy and get the blood flowing. Try do some yoga or stretching aswell. I usually like to trip with some cold air coming in and maybe a blanket but i really like cold air on me while tripping.

I highly agree with the input from Pupnik.

I breathe into the sensations and stop paying attention to what was in my head.
I get more into the weird fragments of barely recognizable sensations - sometimes have to remember to relax,
I get into relaxing and awareness of posture and environment, including noises, birds flying, clouds.
Sometimes the body sensations make me think of what I ate.
when I get tense again, I remember to follow my breathing and relax and get into the sensations...
and so on

I encountered this the other night after tripping for the first time in over a year and a half. Only a tab, but a few hours in (2/3AM) it started feeling overbearing.

I’d highly suggest learning pranayama, different forms of breathwork. Like Pupnik said as well, posture plays a key role in your general state of being. Sitting with the back more erect than slouched in, with legs evenly grounded to the floor, sitting in full lotus or a number of asanas (positionings) that encourage balance and harmony within the body.

Posture and breathwork are the third and fourth limbs of Ashtanga Yoga. Practicing focusing attention on the subtleties like your posture, your breathing, etc will help ground you through the psychedelic experience, and through normal Life experience as well.

early on I came to distrust taking on a posture rather than relaxing into the posture that is natural, so if lotus or half lotus is natural to the tripper, then sure, if you like you can use it in a gentle way, but with psychedelics, any pretense to mastery of something mystic is a lot like the sorcerer's apprentice sequence in Disney's Fantasia.

enjoy, it's an all time favorite - animated in 1940

So, I seem to be really sensitive to body sensations on psychedelics, and I've had some kind of really desperately uncomfortable body sensation on every psychedelic I've tried. (It's really hard to describe what it is - a buzzing and expanding from within?) I can deal with most other things that come up - emotional realities that hit me in the face, thought loops, etc, and I usually end up having a good time regardless. I've found a hot shower helps whilst I'm feeling most uncomfortable but that's not always practical.

How do you guys deal with body load? Does anyone have any advice?

Try meditation although that is not always possible on psychedelics.

Thanks! Going to try a combination of not eating for a few hours before my next trip and trying to meditate/relax into it and stretch when it happens.

You need to move your body around and get your blood pumping. I've realized for myself at least over a decade or so of psychedelic and stimulant use that the body load is in a sense, a communication from the physical self that it feels restlessness and stagnant, stuck in a sedentary behavior for too long. It's all about blood flow.

Also ginger, chamomile and cannabis can sooth the stomach and muscle discomfort.

I usually take carisoprodol or pregabalin for the bodyload on the comedown, and if I'm jittery on the come-up I take a low dose of propranolol. I will try just having a warm bath with epsom salt next time though, don't like the depression that GABAergic compounds create. They do tend to mitigate the afterglow which is kind of pointless since I'm trying to use mushrooms for my depression issues, and near complete lack of empathy from PTSD and anhedonia.