• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How to counteract vasoconstriction effects of Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds.

Misterhijack

Greenlighter
Hey guys just got some HBWR seeds and have heard they are a vasoconstrictor. Is there any household items I can use to counteract the elevated blood pressure? I'm only going to be taking 5 at a time though do I even need to worry? =D Also I'm new so let me know if I've broken any rules cheers guys! xx

Hey Mister:)

5 Seeds is no excessive dose, I think you'll survive a little vasoconstriction (I'm assuming you have no underlying heart/ circulation issues/ conditions, that would probably be a different story).
Make sure to dress warm if it's cold, maybe have some mittens in case your fingers get cold, have some blankets nearby, or make sure to keep moving. Have some hot tea.

Alcohol is a vasodilator but I wouldn't combine that with HBWR in large quantities. Maybe you could look into ginkgo biloba, it should dilate blood vessels. So does cocoa/ dark chocolate I believe. Ginger too, and ginger could also help with the nausea you'll experience.
Here's a couple of links I found, maybe you find some inspiration:
https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135837
http://www.anniesremedy.com/chart.php?prop_ID=92

But all in all, if you're healthy I wouldn't worry too much @ the dose you're taking. I've had cold fingertips from HBWR/ LSA, was no big deal.

I have tried to find ways to loose the vasoconstriction aspect while trying both HBWR and HBMG seeds. The best ways are to find a good extraction process involved with absorbing pure LSA from the seeds, or neutralizing the cyanide within the seeds. Maybe try a simple CWE to start.

You could also try to use a vasodilator like a niacin supplement, if you do use niacin to counteract the effects of vasoconstriction be warned that I found niacin to be very uncomfortable to the skin...but it may be worthwhile to use a common vasodialating medicine, supplement, plant, or herb to confer the effects of vasoconstriction.

MisterHijack: Do you have any medical conditions that make this a concern for you? It's been around 15 years since I've taken HBWS, but I never remember having any issues with this aspect. The nausea on the other hand, did eventually turn me off, but I do have underlying stomach issues and ulcers at the time.

I found 8 seeds seemed to be roughly equivalent to 100 micrograms of LSD, give or take. 16-24 seeds produced pretty profound experiences, although the nausea at that point pretty much put me out of action for the whole trip. I found the experience closer to mushrooms than LSD, though - a little different than either, but definitely more euphoric than LSD; a preferable drug IMO if it weren't for the nausea.

Basically you shouldn't fuck around with this. If HBWR are really vasoconstrictive and you have a problem with that (maybe because you have hypertension) then you simply shouldn't take them.

Alcohol or some other panaceia isn't gonna help. Alcohol itself is a vasodilator at low doses, can be vasoconstrictor at high doses and can only work peripherally which isn't what you're looking for. Same for other substances which is why I mention panaceia.

To draw a parallel, if I had a heart condition I wouldn't smoke crack just because I religiously took my heart medication.

When preparing HBWR for usage, always start with scraping off ALL the white fuzzy outiside. Make sure nothing is left on it. Then find a way to crush the seeds and grind them as much you can. Take a glass, tap some cold water in the glass. Throw your grinded/powderd seed and throw it in the glas, stir it good so that it's mixed as much as possible. I use tinfioil to cover the entire glas also the bottom and top. Put it somewhere safe, let it stand for minimal 24hours. Maybe 36 hours. Remove the tinfoil and you'll see it some kind of browntea. Filter this so u are only left with tea. Make sure no material of the seed are in it. Use between 5-8 seeds MAX.

I found combining them with psilocybin mushrooms helps. Eat the mushrooms around 2 hours in when you start feeling the hbw. I did 3 HBW madagascar seeds and 90 psilocybe semilanceata and had a real good and cool trip.

The best method in my opinion is smoking weed. It removes the vasocontriction, the stomach aches and it enhances the psychedelic effects.