• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

how to convert free base tinaptine to a salt fourm

bobbyzwitteron

Greenlighter
I have a bunch of tinaptine free acid .it doesn't seem too bioactive or water soluble .how do I go about converting this into a more active form .the stuff that works is tinaptine sodum.thanks.

this is a quote of a reddit comment on a tia thread

source: u/liftmode

note: free-acid is another term for freebase apparently

"Tianeptine free acid can be dissolved in aqueous NaOH (with stirring), aqueous Na2CO3 (with a bit of patience / stirring), or aqueous NaHCO3 (with patience / stirring / heat) to form a solution of Tianeptine sodium. Aqueous KOH / K2CO3 also work (forming a solution of Tianeptine potassium).
If conducting research that involves dissolving Tianeptine free acid in aqueous basic solution, pH measurement capabilities and an understanding of stoichiometry / molecular weight are prerequisites."

Well the point of the comment was that u would need one of those chemicals and some chemistry experience

It's weird tho I didn't think I needed such strong alklines to make a soloution.I had some Tia free base sitting out I used most of the tinaptine acid which tasteless.to my suprise there appeared to be sticky very bitter tinaptine sodium stuck to the sides of the empty Tia free base jar?

no, tianeptine needs doses that are way too large to be suited for vaping

Is the free acid forum active I really can't tell. I thought I could use vinegar or lemon juice/citric acid to make tinaptine citrate or tinaptine acatate.like they do for coke.but I need some help or instructions.I know the right amount of base has to be put in to the acid to reduce the amount of free acid.present after the reaction.

Is the free acid forum active

It is, here's a post I made in response to a similar thread yesterday. The people claiming it isn't active are just speaking out of their... you know.

《Plasticity》;13074657 said:
It's active, I had the same worries about a week or two back because this particular vendor ran out of the sodium salt. It's definitely weaker, though it is also longer lasting and has pretty much no taste... seriously, I can dump my whole dose on my tounge and all I taste something akin to flower. The sodium salt on the other hand is truly vile tasting stuff.

When I do take the sodium salt I usually dose about 300-350mgs, with the free acid I required around 450mgs. You may find the conversion rate different as this is just a rough effect comparison from one person so take it fwiw. Drawing comparisons becomes difficult when you factor in tolerance and individual variation.

Never been much of a fan of tianeptine but despite the weaker potency I honestly think I prefer the free acid. The duration becomes closer to something like oxy rather down of the steep up and down of the sodium salt, one of my biggest turn offs previously. The stuff is dirt cheap dose for dose regardless of the form so I can stand to lose some potency

Thanks that's good to know my usual dose of the sodum salt is about 400 mg. I really don't feel the warmth in my extremitys with the free acid.tinaptine is a weird drug I think it's a mixed antagonist/agonist because I was taking close to 800 mg at a time with no effect and I brought the dose down to 300 mg. And I got a full blown opiate high for like 15 Minites. anyway tinaptine is my daily med for anxiety/dedepression for work.I have noticed some hair loss after using it for like 6mounths.

That honestly doesn't surprise me, tianeptine is incredibly inconsistent IME. Sometimes I get nothing from high doses and a lot more with lower doses... vice versa. It also jacked my opioid tolerance quite a bit after using a week straight.

I think I'm done touching the stuff, it's not much to write home about, certainly not enough to warrant the tolerance issues and inconsistency. Be sure to take it on an empty stomach, food seems to drastically affect how strong your high will be. I doubt tianeptine is a mixed agonist/antagonist however.

Yes opiate tollarance is deff messed up I was taking 80 mg of methadone and felt nothing .but of I waited and didn't take the tinaptine for a couple days.I could feel the methadone.it almost blocks opiates.Now when I ran out of tinaptine I tryed to use kratom for withdrawal forget about it I felt nothing.weird

I'd like to be done with it too it sucks being addicted to a substance that reall doesn't do much .if I stop I get sick as a dog .if I tryed to kick tianeptine and got some daladids and they didn't do anything for tianeptine withdrawals.I have nerotin but I don't have a unlimited supply so after I run out of them I will be withdrawing from them.idk it really sucks.

How do you clean it up, remove residual bicarb and get a powder? Possible to perform in another solvent, acetone, ethanol?

There is a paper that talks about making the hydrochloride, I haven't read it, just gotten it 2nd hand, but that apparently talked about the formation of polymers. Is that true, senior?

whats the point?

if plasticity is correct, then 300mg of tianeptine sodium is equivalent to 450mg of tianeptine freebase

I have a bunch of tinaptine free acid .it doesn't seem too bioactive or water soluble .how do I go about converting this into a more active form .the stuff that works is tinaptine sodum.thanks.
yeah but it doesn't hit c max as quickly I don't think. What's the link to the other bl thread?