• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin How to combat nausea from heroin?? Also looking for opinions on presses

You guys aren't gonna believe what I'm about to say. I'm going to, yet again, advocate for rectal administration. I know some people don't give a fuck, some people think it's weird, some people have deep-seated, closet case personal hang-ups. It's a great alternative to what you're doing now and doesn't involve needles or anything serious.

Route of administration, how the drug is taken into the body, can definitely correlate directly with side effects. It's possible that by using an alternative route, you will feel less nausea, but it would probably require some trial and error.

Also, if you chose to rectally administer your Heroin, you would be taking advantage of a higher ultimate bioavailability to a significant degree. I understand that money is kind of at the center of all of this, so why not try something a littler more economical?

That's my 2 cents. I'm happy to help you figure it out if you're interested. It could chagne things for you and it's really an easy, quick process.

Ginger tea can help a great deal with opiate nausea ime. Drinking a little bit before ingesting H with your chosen ROA can help a great deal. If you still experience nausea, little sips of the tea every 20 minutes or so can help soothe your stomach.

To make ginger tea, simply get some fresh, raw ginger and cut it into thin slices, pour hot water over it and add a sweetener like honey/agave to taste.

Good luck OP.

Hey yall, I recently started using heroin since I can no longer afford oxy to treat my chronic pain. I've taken a combination of different opiod pills over the last few years (oxy, hydro, codeine) and have never experienced nausea even when I take them on an empty stomach. I've been snorting a very small amount of heroine every 5 hours, like such a low dose that I barely feel a high, which is ideal because I'm just tring to treat my pain. Regardless, even the small amount is making me so nauseous that even just water is making my stomach churn. Is this something that will go away once my body gets used to heroin? Is the nausea being caused by the drip? I don't really like snorting so I was planning to try orally taking H but I'm worried that will make the nausea even worse. Is there H out there that doesn't make you nauseous?

On a side note, I really don't prefer heroin over oxy. I'm considering trying presses since the price is pretty competitive with H and I won't have to snort and hopefully won't have the nausea. The reason I've never tried presses is because you don't know what's in them/can't guage the dosage accurately but what are yalls opinions on their safeness compared to heroin? I fent test everything I get so if a press doesn't have fent do yall still consider it risky?
A couple hits of weed should help with nausea till you get your heroin sealegs

Whoa, this sounds bad ... have to say I was never heavy into heroin, was too expensive where I lived and prescriptions more easily available, so I got morphine but after all, heroin is just a diacetylated variant of morphine and for the body (metabolism, side effects) basically the same. It should never give you shits or mess with heartbeat. Morphine actually suppresses many things like gastric acid secretion, which come up in withdrawal.

My hunch is that this #4 isn't real #4 .... there shouldn't be any differencies in consistency afaik.
I stopped using the fluffy off white stuff and switched to just the tan/grey stuff I have. The shits were gone instantly and the nausea is very mild now, only if I eat a lot at once. Thanks for the advice, from me and my asshole lol

I would think you would eventually just stop feeling nauseous as you get used to it.

For some reason I've never had an issue with nausea with heroin or other opioids. I have with meth though.

Another options is maybe an over the counter antiemetic (anti nausea medication). Though I'd be very cautious since I think some can have some sedating properties. You could also try taking it orally. Maybe it'll make it worse but worth a try.

Good luck man. I can't say I'm not worried for you. Hard not to be knowing what I know and having seen what I've seen happen to myself and others when heroin entered the picture. But at the same time, my chronic pain has always been emotional. I've never been in chronic physical pain. So I certainly can't pretend to know what it's like.

I'm sorry. Good luck. <3
I switched to a different H and I feel a lot better. I've noticed the tolerance builds pretty rapidly especially because I've just been using enough to stop hurting and not really measuring it like I could easily do with oxy. I'll be tapering down this week and working on measuring moving forward so I can be more on top of it. I understand why you're worried, I'm worried too. I never wanted this for myself and I'm even ashamed it's all come to this. I reached out to a methadone clinic the other day and asked if their doctor would be willing to do a typical chronic pain medication plan with me with oxy in the name of harm reduction. I explained my situation and was honest about switching to heroin but that I would rather do things the "right" way. They said they could only prescribe methadone or bupe and were realistic with me that it might not treat my pain effectively. They seemed way more fixated on getting me off heroin and suggested I should prioritize that over pain management. I appreciate your recognition of pain being a huge factor in this, it's very validating. I'll continue to get on here and check it/update/ask questions. I'm very grateful everyone has been so helpful and not judgemental about my decision.

heroin nausea? cannabis always worked well....

if you're talking about US "oxy" presses.... that's pure fentanyl analogues... that shit isn't even fentanyl.... don't buy them trust me

I'm taking yalls advice and not touching the presses. I think it's better to stick with the H where I at least now somewhat what I'm getting. And ironically enough I'm not a fan of being high so the cannabis isn't really a good remedy for me, but my nausea is more under control now :)

Diphenhydramine has sedative effects. This is kinda what I touched on earlier. If you combine sedating drugs with heroin, be careful, ideally use a little less heroin till you know what you can handle. And/or have someone else with you.

These days it's good advise for anyone with an opioid habit to keep a naloxone kit around with someone who knows how to use it.

The white and beige heroin we have here actually has no smell at all, even if you put your nose right up to it you can't smell anything.

The brown Afghan heroin does, I dunno how to describe the smell, but it does have one. And it's not vinegary.

As I recall I've heard tar has a vinegary smell, that true?
I've got nasal naloxone ready to go for my partner to use, we set down and read the instructions together and talked about what OD symptoms would warrant using it.

The H i bought from 2 differnt people is "#4" and they both have a pretty similar smell, neither is what I would describe as vinegary. Now that I've been snorting it for a little over a week I feel like my sense of smell has decrease a lot because now it's not as distinct whereas before I was worried my whole bedroom was smelling like the stuff.

I did roxys for years and never had an issue with constipation. With heroin I suffer from extreme constipation. I thought it was the opposite of getting runs unless withdrawaling? Having runs sound right...got to be cut with laxative
Yes after I switched to H from a different dealer the runs are gone. I'm not constipated because I use kind of lightly and drink a lot of water but my BMs are definitely solid now lol

I've got nasal naloxone ready to go for my partner to use, we set down and read the instructions together and talked about what OD symptoms would warrant using it.

The H i bought from 2 differnt people is "#4" and they both have a pretty similar smell, neither is what I would describe as vinegary. Now that I've been snorting it for a little over a week I feel like my sense of smell has decrease a lot because now it's not as distinct whereas before I was worried my whole bedroom was smelling like the stuff.

That's great, these days anyone who can get one should have a naloxone kit.

I don't even use heroin very often anymore after getting on a methadone program some years back. Still, my immediate family knows about my history and they know I might relapse one day so they know about the naloxone kit and what to do if anything ever happened.

Always good to be careful. <3

You guys aren't gonna believe what I'm about to say. I'm going to, yet again, advocate for rectal administration. I know some people don't give a fuck, some people think it's weird, some people have deep-seated, closet case personal hang-ups. It's a great alternative to what you're doing now and doesn't involve needles or anything serious.

Route of administration, how the drug is taken into the body, can definitely correlate directly with side effects. It's possible that by using an alternative route, you will feel less nausea, but it would probably require some trial and error.

Also, if you chose to rectally administer your Heroin, you would be taking advantage of a higher ultimate bioavailability to a significant degree. I understand that money is kind of at the center of all of this, so why not try something a littler more economical?

That's my 2 cents. I'm happy to help you figure it out if you're interested. It could chagne things for you and it's really an easy, quick process.
I'm not a dude so I don't think the internalized homophobia is a factor, but I am weary of sticking anything in my butt not to overshare. Would it have the same effect as vaginal administration?

I'm not a dude so I don't think the internalized homophobia is a factor, but I am weary of sticking anything in my butt not to overshare. Would it have the same effect as vaginal administration?

Should be pretty similar yeah.There are definitely drugs that are administered vaginally, and I have heard of opioids delivered that way too. Though I have no direct personal experience with either.

Main issue I can imagine is the vagina will likely have a harder time keeping any medicated liquids in place while they absorb.

Last edited:
But overkill, plus its prescription only in most countries.

But overkill, plus its prescription only in most countries.
I am having a hard time finding opioids where I am so I have been thinking about switching to heroine. I was wondering about the cost difference and how to start. I only want to do the smallest amount I can for pain control. And how to test it for fentanyl. We have had some ODs from that around here

I am having a hard time finding opioids where I am so I have been thinking about switching to heroine. I was wondering about the cost difference and how to start. I only want to do the smallest amount I can for pain control. And how to test it for fentanyl. We have had some ODs from that around here
If you are needing something for like actual physical pain, the maybe speak with a health-care provider of sorts. or even look into Suboxone.(if you see the doc just say you are addicted to heroin, and cannot stop. 'because they just won't give them to you unless you can convince them that you can't go a single day without having heroin) I personally know people that would see the doc, get them filled, and 'stock-pile' their entire script because they only take it for physical pain, and i think that they would only take like a 'sliver' of a dose. something in the 1mg area, They had boxes and boxes of their scripts. Also, they are not doing heroin.

That being said, depending on what you know about heroin (I am not under the impression that you don't know much about heroin). I would look into it a bit more because heroin now days can be straight fentanyl or Carfenentyl (even worse).

I take it you will be sniffing it? Well, before you go out and buy some H I would check out Dance Safe-Fentanyl Test Strips I have used them in the past, and they do work.(also, some needle exchange programs might carry fentanyl testing kits+narcan)
IF you do happen to score some H then I would start with maybe the size of a small 'matchstick HEAD) and even so, I would divide that into 2 small lines. (and do them separate times not both at once)
ALWAYS remember that you can always take more if needed later, but one thing you cannot do is take back. Meaning you can overdose wayyy to quick, and not even notice because you will feel super duper tired, and think a nap will help, but nope. you have OD'd, and if no one is around then hate to say it but chances are you have died.
(I would also look into getting some Narcan, It is free at some local Department of Health type of places, or you can buy it at any pharmacy. Last I checked it was like $30. SO if you do feel 'super duper' sleepy asfuck then you can dose yourself and not OD.

So please, just be safe @CheflisaO .

Welcome to Bluelight!

Last edited:
If you are needing something for like actual physical pain, the maybe speak with a health-care provider of sorts. or even look into Suboxone.(if you see the doc just say you are addicted to heroin, and cannot stop. 'because they just won't give them to you unless you can convince them that you can't go a single day without having heroin) I personally know people that would see the doc, get them filled, and 'stock-pile' their entire script because they only take it for physical pain, and i think that they would only take like a 'sliver' of a dose. something in the 1mg area, They had boxes and boxes of their scripts. Also, they are not doing heroin.

That being said, depending on what you know about heroin (I am not under the impression that you don't know much about heroin). I would look into it a bit more because heroin now days can be straight fentanyl or Carfenentyl (even worse).

I take it you will be sniffing it? Well, before you go out and buy some H I would check out Dance Safe-Fentanyl Test Strips I have used them in the past, and they do work.(also, some needle exchange programs might carry fentanyl testing kits+narcan)
IF you do happen to score some H then I would start with maybe the size of a small 'matchstick HEAD) and even so, I would divide that into 2 small lines. (and do them separate times not both at once)
ALWAYS remember that you can always take more if needed later, but one thing you cannot do is take back. Meaning you can overdose wayyy to quick, and not even notice because you will feel super duper tired, and think a nap will help, but nope. you have OD'd, and if no one is around then hate to say it but chances are you have died.
(I would also look into getting some Narcan, It is free at some local Department of Health type of places, or you can buy it at any pharmacy. Last I checked it was like $30. SO if you do feel 'super duper' sleepy asfuck then you can dose yourself and not OD.

So please, just be safe @CheflisaO .

Welcome to Bluelight!
Thanks. The Dr.'s around here wont help anyone at all. They have completely cut everyone off from everything. Even the pharmacies won't fill people's pain meds. You literally have to be dying. I have been without them for a few days now and have went through detox.. Feeling like crap!!!! Hurt so bad but I think this is the way I am going to have to do... cold turkey

Thanks. The Dr.'s around here wont help anyone at all. They have completely cut everyone off from everything. Even the pharmacies won't fill people's pain meds. You literally have to be dying. I have been without them for a few days now and have went through detox.. Feeling like crap!!!! Hurt so bad but I think this is the way I am going to have to do... cold turkey
This sounds like West Virginia. If yo do find a doctor it’s cash only, no insurance then you may have to go to 12 different pharmacies because here they will not tell you if they “ have it available” on the phone.😡