• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin How to combat nausea from heroin?? Also looking for opinions on presses

strangemagic

Bluelighter
Hey yall, I recently started using heroin since I can no longer afford oxy to treat my chronic pain. I've taken a combination of different opiod pills over the last few years (oxy, hydro, codeine) and have never experienced nausea even when I take them on an empty stomach. I've been snorting a very small amount of heroine every 5 hours, like such a low dose that I barely feel a high, which is ideal because I'm just tring to treat my pain. Regardless, even the small amount is making me so nauseous that even just water is making my stomach churn. Is this something that will go away once my body gets used to heroin? Is the nausea being caused by the drip? I don't really like snorting so I was planning to try orally taking H but I'm worried that will make the nausea even worse. Is there H out there that doesn't make you nauseous?

On a side note, I really don't prefer heroin over oxy. I'm considering trying presses since the price is pretty competitive with H and I won't have to snort and hopefully won't have the nausea. The reason I've never tried presses is because you don't know what's in them/can't guage the dosage accurately but what are yalls opinions on their safeness compared to heroin? I fent test everything I get so if a press doesn't have fent do yall still consider it risky?

Did you try different variants of heroin yet? The morphines (heroin: dia[cetyl]morphin) usually shouldn't trigger nausea in tiny amounts when you're already used to opioids.. of course every individual is different but I never got any nausea from H or morphine. There's things like ondensatron or memantine (additionally blocks NMDA receptors -> helps keeping the tolerance down) ... some say ginger works against nausea ... or the antidopaminergics like metoclopramide but they have nasty side effects...

About pills: Currently we have a fuckton of research chemicals going around, the fentanyls are just some of the deadliest among them, but we have also e.g. the infamous AP-238 - depending on the price, place and vendor, RCs may or may not be a lucrative option as adulterants.. snorting pills is notoriously unhealthy and ingesting is slow and possibly deadly ... I'd go for powders..

Did you try different variants of heroin yet? The morphines (heroin: dia[cetyl]morphin) usually shouldn't trigger nausea in tiny amounts when you're already used to opioids.. of course every individual is different but I never got any nausea from H or morphine. There's things like ondensatron or memantine (additionally blocks NMDA receptors -> helps keeping the tolerance down) ... some say ginger works against nausea ... or the antidopaminergics like metoclopramide but they have nasty side effects...
I got #4 from 2 different people. One is a light grey/tan with tiny specks of darker spots and some crystal clear spots and came in a whole rock. The specks were able to be crushed up and it tested negative for fent. The consistency was kind of crunchy like sand. The other H was an off white, very powdery and fluffy with no rocks, also tested negative for fent. I've been doing the fluffy one mostly because it's easier on the nose and doesn't make me as drowsy as the other one but I think it might be cut with a laxative? I've been having shits which is on par with my stomach being upset but not with doing opiates. I've also noticed somtimes I'll have an irregular heartbeat/pulse and sometimes my heart will have a second or 2 of pain and then go away...maybe I should stop doing this white one

Whoa, this sounds bad ... have to say I was never heavy into heroin, was too expensive where I lived and prescriptions more easily available, so I got morphine but after all, heroin is just a diacetylated variant of morphine and for the body (metabolism, side effects) basically the same. It should never give you shits or mess with heartbeat. Morphine actually suppresses many things like gastric acid secretion, which come up in withdrawal.

My hunch is that this #4 isn't real #4 .... there shouldn't be any differencies in consistency afaik.

I used black tar for years and almost always threw up after fixing. Thing is I didn’t really care. It was just inconvenient to have to pull over or run for the bathroom.
But I didn’t feel nauseous.
Oxy’s and codeine make me nauseous but I never throw up. So go figure. ☺️

I would think you would eventually just stop feeling nauseous as you get used to it.

For some reason I've never had an issue with nausea with heroin or other opioids. I have with meth though.

Another options is maybe an over the counter antiemetic (anti nausea medication). Though I'd be very cautious since I think some can have some sedating properties. You could also try taking it orally. Maybe it'll make it worse but worth a try.

Good luck man. I can't say I'm not worried for you. Hard not to be knowing what I know and having seen what I've seen happen to myself and others when heroin entered the picture. But at the same time, my chronic pain has always been emotional. I've never been in chronic physical pain. So I certainly can't pretend to know what it's like.

I'm sorry. Good luck. <3

heroin nausea? cannabis always worked well....

if you're talking about US "oxy" presses.... that's pure fentanyl analogues... that shit isn't even fentanyl.... don't buy them trust me

heroin nausea? cannabis always worked well....

if you're talking about US "oxy" presses.... that's pure fentanyl analogues... that shit isn't even fentanyl.... don't buy them trust me

Oh yeah I didn't even think of cannabis. If you like weed that's prolly a good idea.

Oh yeah I didn't even think of cannabis. If you like weed that's prolly a good idea.
honestly cannabis is the only thing that ever saved me from puking if I smoked it at the right time after heroin.

quick ~15 min window after heroin... if I smoked weed I wouldn't puke (usually)

hard not to puke after smoking black tar tbh... shit is gross.......

honestly cannabis is the only thing that ever saved me from puking if I smoked it at the right time after heroin.

quick ~15 min window after heroin... if I smoked weed I wouldn't puke (usually)

hard not to puke after smoking black tar tbh... shit is gross.......

I've never used tar. Never smoked heroin either. Have always shot it and I've never seen tar in Australia. Most of our heroin is white (or sometimes beige) water soluble heroin. With some brown Afghan base heroin around too in the last few years.

I don't think I've ever had any real issue with nausea from opioids. Even early into my addiction, as much as I can recall that time anyway.

I've never used tar. Never smoked heroin either. Have always shot it and I've never seen tar in Australia. Most of our heroin is white (or sometimes beige) water soluble heroin. With some brown Afghan base heroin around too in the last few years.

I don't think I've ever had any real issue with nausea from opioids. Even early into my addiction, as much as I can recall that time anyway.
you'd smell it from a mile away... unmistakable

although some opiates make me puke always...

I puke on: hydrocodone, oxycodone, morphine, heroin
I do NOT puke on: oxymorphone, hydromorphone... everything else

idk certain opiates make me puke always.... others don't, and in general I have an iron stomach and can chug a fifth no problem at all never gag....

Diphenhydramine (50mg) or so helps. So does promethazine.

I never experienced much nausea from opioids until after i stopped heavy abuse of them. In all my heavy IV heroin abuse, fentanyl smoking, etc I only threw up once. These days i seem to be more sensitive.

Diphenhydramine (50mg) or so helps. So does promethazine.

I never experienced much nausea from opioids until after i stopped heavy abuse of them. In all my heavy IV heroin abuse, fentanyl smoking, etc I only threw up once. These days i seem to be more sensitive.

Diphenhydramine has sedative effects. This is kinda what I touched on earlier. If you combine sedating drugs with heroin, be careful, ideally use a little less heroin till you know what you can handle. And/or have someone else with you.

These days it's good advise for anyone with an opioid habit to keep a naloxone kit around with someone who knows how to use it.

you'd smell it from a mile away... unmistakable

although some opiates make me puke always...

I puke on: hydrocodone, oxycodone, morphine, heroin
I do NOT puke on: oxymorphone, hydromorphone... everything else

idk certain opiates make me puke always.... others don't, and in general I have an iron stomach and can chug a fifth no problem at all never gag....

The white and beige heroin we have here actually has no smell at all, even if you put your nose right up to it you can't smell anything.

The brown Afghan heroin does, I dunno how to describe the smell, but it does have one. And it's not vinegary.

As I recall I've heard tar has a vinegary smell, that true?

As I recall I've heard tar has a vinegary smell, that true?
basically yeah but more pungent

I have never heard anyone else describe the smell of black tar but personally,

smells like if you had BBQ sauce injected with industrial chemicals, lit it on fire and put the fire out with pure vinegar..... then distill that and smell it

I guess that's how I'd describe it

It's.... simultaneously a very sweeet smell and noxious... hard to describe really, very pungent either way

When I was on heroin it was the BEST smell in the world.

While our heroin is generally odorless, other than the Afghani heroin which has a hard to describe smell (not vinegary though).

You can sometimes sense a vinegary taste when you shoot it. It varies, sometimes there's almost no taste and sometimes there's a sweet vinegary taste.

Like you, I used to love the taste. Heroin tends to cause you to love everything at all associated with the using of it. The needles, the ritual. Even the dealer showing up can feel euphoric.

Diphenhydramine has sedative effects. This is kinda what I touched on earlier. If you combine sedating drugs with heroin, be careful, ideally use a little less heroin till you know what you can handle. And/or have someone else with you.

Eh 50mg won't make a difference to be frank. In fact diphenhydramine at that dose technically increases respiratory drive and by acting as an antiemetic it may even reduce the risking of choking on your vomit in your sleep/nodding out state. Will make you more tired and carries whatever risks one would logically associate with that (like nodding out while driving, etc).

I did roxys for years and never had an issue with constipation. With heroin I suffer from extreme constipation. I thought it was the opposite of getting runs unless withdrawaling? Having runs sound right...got to be cut with laxative

Antihistamines (promethazine, diphenhydramine) and Anticholinergics (scopolamine, atropine) have antiemetic effects try one of them.

Back when I was using frequently I would always have some Nauzene chewables. They are OTC and seem to help for me atleast.