• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How to clean a meth pipe

jaujaujau

Greenlighter
Hi folks,

I'm using a typical meth pipe to smoke some #3 dope from time to time, and obviously the pipe gets dirty after every use.
I would like to clean it after using so I can see the dope i'm vaporizing and I'm not smoking pre-burnt stuff every time; but the trails of the dope are really hard to wash.

I have been trying with alcohol + salt, closing both holes with the fingers of one hand and shaking as hard as I can for some minutes, also tried to do the same with acetone.
The results are bad, I can just clean a little superficial layer of the dirt, the majority keeps sticked to the pipe. Then I scratch with a metal thin stick to slowly make it come off.

Scratching I can make it clean but it takes ages, so I was wondering what chemical or what method can I use to wash it fast and effectively?

Here a pic of the result after a while scratching:

7xik8jdo2pu01.jpg

I've honestly never even attempted to clean any of mine.. Just smoke small bowls in different areas until it is just black all over and you toss em. From what I've heard smoking bowls on top of those burn spots can affect your Dope.

something called piranha chemists use to clean glassware: CAUTION EXTREMELY NOXIOUS and CAUSTIC!!!

A typical mixture is 3 parts of concentrated sulfuric acid and 1 part of 30% hydrogen peroxide solution; other protocols may use a 4:1 or even 7:1 mixture. ... Piranha solution should always be prepared by adding hydrogen peroxide to sulfuric acid slowly, never in reverse. Mixing the solution is extremely exothermic.

Go to a hardware store/section and buy rust remover. Very effective.

Or simply buy a new pipe...they cost 2 dollars in "headshops" back home, so it's not like you're breaking the bank when a pipe becomes damaged/overused (a common occurence).

I stick mine in a glass with thin bleech and leave them for about a week. I do no scrubbing except to rinse them fully with soapy water before reuse. Works on absolutely anything - even smoking crack in them .. man that makes a mess - you might need two weeks for that.

Last edited:
Water, it's a water soluble drug. I've never had to use anything more than water to clean a meth pipe.

Go to a hardware store/section and buy rust remover. Very effective.

Or simply buy a new pipe...they cost 2 dollars in "headshops" back home, so it's not like you're breaking the bank when a pipe becomes damaged/overused (a common occurence).

Shit really? They are $20 where I live.

You can clean your pipe with a torch. You can burn the burns right off. I know it doesn't make sense but it works.

Water, it's a water soluble drug. I've never had to use anything more than water to clean a meth pipe.

^Exactly. Get a bit of water boiling in that bitch for about 10 seconds, dump water, and scrub with Q-tip. Now if you?ve been burning up your stash or smoking some garbage water ain?t going to cut it and it?s probably time for a new pipe/life style(j/k of course). It’s when you vape your synth noids, cathinones, and meth out of the same pipe that you run in to problems.

Amazon.com has meth pipes for pretty cheap. multi colored too although what crackhead wants a green methpipe??

Please remember the prohibition in talking cost. You can always just say $X or $XX or something. Thanks!

Thank you all for your answers, I went with pipe cleaners and acetone.

Anyway I have stopped smoking H on that pipe, I suspect I'm burning the dope too much, and nobody recommends smoking H on these pipes, there has to be a reason for that...

Due to a meth pipe is cheap better than so much work is to buy a new pipe. You can try with alcohol and Na2H

If youre done with it a while some magic eraser and hot water. Burn it with a torch after and leave to dry. Doing that scrubs the surface so not often. A cotton bud and magic eraser is gentle enough.

OP, If you must reuse your pipe take a propane/butane torch and heat the dirty spot til it's red. That will do it, but will also melt your pipe if you aren't careful.

Then again, if you have a propane/butane torch, you can easily make yourself as many new pipes as you can find glass for.

Hi folks,

I'm using a typical meth pipe to smoke some #3 dope from time to time, and obviously the pipe gets dirty after every use.
I would like to clean it after using so I can see the dope i'm vaporizing and I'm not smoking pre-burnt stuff every time; but the trails of the dope are really hard to wash.

I have been trying with alcohol + salt, closing both holes with the fingers of one hand and shaking as hard as I can for some minutes, also tried to do the same with acetone.
The results are bad, I can just clean a little superficial layer of the dirt, the majority keeps sticked to the pipe. Then I scratch with a metal thin stick to slowly make it come off.

Scratching I can make it clean but it takes ages, so I was wondering what chemical or what method can I use to wash it fast and effectively?

Here a pic of the result after a while scratching:

7xik8jdo2pu01.jpg
Wink Calcium and Lime Remover get it at Walmart or Amazon, take very small amount. let sit for a bit and rinse clean, thoroughly rinse well.