• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom How to beat constipation

tarman

Bluelighter
I find that kratom and opioids are distinctly different in how the constipate you. In some ways, I feel like kratom can be both worse and not as bad as H or Oxys. Tough to explain Obviously if you're coming off opioids and using kratom, it takes a shit ton (no pun) to stop the liquid shits. But after you adapt, kratom can be a nasty constipation.

Anyway, I'm currently on kratom since I don't have any good comfort meds to help me quit, but I digress. If i make the mistake of eating rice, I'm fucked. If I take a soluble fiber supplement, I'm fucked. I don't know why people recommend soluble fiber. It's awful. It can turn to concrete.

So I'm embarrassed to admit this, but what the hell, I'm gonna tell you all as it might help someone. I recently got the courage to try suppositories. I've tried teo kinds, the biscodyl and the glycerine types. Both seem to work okay but I had issues getting them in there. Kratom has some sort of cinching effect on the asshole, getting the suppository in was painful. So one day I ahd the bright idea to try some lube. Whoopee, it worked!

But I noticed a side benefit, the lube reeeeallly helped reduce pain and exertion. When I hear people talk about sticking butter knifes in there to mash it up, I recoil in horror. I've never gotten to that point, but I've had some major turd bricks.

So anyway, there it is: if you're really really stopped up, sometimes some lube can work wonders. A shit that had been fighting you can't resist the silky lubed up poop chute.

Let the jokes commence about closets, ass play, fixation. But imma tell ya, when it's day 4 and super unpleasant, you start to get desperate.

Congrats on your success in taking a dump. Nothin' feels better than feeling the log slide out all gracefully and in one long piece. And then lo and behold there isn't even any residue on the toilet paper. I like to play a marching band song when that happens !!

But seriously.....congrats. I know ya gotta feel better. Kratom can be as bad as any other full agonist opioid for the amount of hard turds and constipation it gives people.

Kratom powder itself has A LOT of fiber in it, this is likely why your constipation is worse after taking a fiber supplement or fiber rich foods. Too much fiber can cause constipation.

I guess I'm lucky, I've never experienced constipation from kratom. I go quite regularly every morning. Maybe because I almost never dose kratom after 12pm.

Also I don't think anyone will joke about opioid constipation here. We've all been there :)

Last edited:
I was hooked on oxys/hydros for several years and I've been taking kratom daily for about 3 years now.

I have NEVER ONCE experienced constipation in over a decade.

I drink a lot of water (and coffee) and I eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day.
I poop every morning about 15 minutes after I wake up. Like clockwork.

Just eat right. It's that simple.

Last edited:
how to beat constipation?
either you sit on the toilet for long applying different expelling force every x time

or

you just wait till the feeling is back, eating and drinking healthy is a must in both options

I was hooked on oxys/hydros for several years and I've been taking kratom daily for about 3 years now.

I have NEVER once experienced constipation in over a decade.

I drink a lot of water (and coffee) and I eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day.
I poop every morning about 15 minutes after I wake up. Like clockwork.

Just eat right. It's that simple.
This is true for me as well. I also have no issues as I also drink lots of water and eat well.

I think the water hydration really helps to keep the large amount of kratom powder I consume daily digesting properly.

#hydrohomies

I naturally drink 3-4 liters of water every day and have for most of my life. I love water.

My diet isn't really the best, but I don't eat/drink sugary stuff other than the fruit in my daily smoothie.

The only time I've truly had constipation was on stronger opioids like heroin/fent

When I was on methadone they gave me a syrup (forgot the name unfortunately) which I should drink 3 times a day and indeed helped with constipation. Think it is OTC, so asking in a pharmacy might help.