• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to balance medical stimulant use and respecting family?

d1nach

Bluelighter
Basically I have narcolepsy where I get sudden weakenness making driving almost impossible due to it depending on how high my amphetamine levels are. Its not that I cant drive but I often have brief periods where ill get tired and loose focus or passout. It makes me terrified to drive even when not impaired because if i pullover to sleep in a parking lot or rest on the side of the road for the few minutes of tiredness that a cop will give me a dui despite im not drunk or high because ill slur move slow and feel out of it during a episode despite being fine in a few minutes. And this event near actually occuring and actually never being in a accident when i was driving. But ill also sweat like crazy and shake from fear and blast music deafingly loud. So my mom drives me. I am 22 and that makes me really embarrassed but whatever i guess we all got stuff we can help with.

Anyway, my mom has this big long list of tests and stuff she wants to tell the doctor but really all i want is a refill and maybe doing something if it can make me a better driver not deal with all this childhood trama or alternative care.

So, do you think it is fair at 22 since she did drive me there because i cant due to my narcolepsy to speak to nurse first and tell her you know im really just here for refill and to see if i can do something else to reduce this cataplexy but my mom really wants to talk to you about what she thinks is going on so if you could listen to her too that mean alot.

Im not sure if this is the right spot but its not quite love or sex.

Its more just opinion am i being fair?

at the end of the day, you are an adult and you can make your own decisions
i think it entirely okay to just straight up say, before you mum has begun to ask her questions, that you've made up your mind and 'decided that all you want is a refill, but my mum has some questions that she was wondering if you could answer for her plz dr?'

i wouldn't say it behind her back because then that implies that you think you;re doing something wrong,let her know you've decided

do you think it is fair at 22 since she did drive me there because i cant due to my narcolepsy

From what you say it is not fair that you have a driving licence, that is the point

"It makes me terrified to drive even when not impaired because if i pullover to sleep in a parking lot or rest on the side of the road for the few minutes of tiredness that a cop will give me a dui despite im not drunk or high because ill slur move slow and feel out of it during a episode despite being fine in a few minutes."

If you have not taken drugs ( and you can show with a blood test), that dui is good only for the paper bin.
Again, it looks like you DL shuold be suspended

Right, I agree with the sentiments regarding adulthood and making your own decisions. This is coming from an unrepentant Jewish Momma's Boy. If I allowed her to, she would be at every appointment I go to and would probably accompany me to work just to make sure I'm okay. I feel bad about it, but I've use my mother's love to make Doctors for prescriptions in the past. My mother has come in and said "I will make sure he takes the medication as directed, we are on the same page" even though there's no way for her to do that as we don't live together. God, I feel disgusting saying that.

My point is, having a "put-together" and responsible adult with you can greatly increase your ability to obtain controlled substances. This is not about sourcing, this is about getting what you need. If you need Amphetamines to be a functional human being due to your narcolepsy, go Machiavelli on those assholes and do what you have to do. If your mother wants you to undergo testing, I feel it could actually be in your best interest. This implies to the prescriber that you have a support system concerned with your success. You can easily make the argument that you would like to continue on your current course while looking for a more suitable solution.

It's a lot like being in pain management, where although their is a legitimate use for Opioids, prescribers are bound by medical ethics to explore less potentially devastating courses of treatments. One might continue on a course of Opioids while earning the MD's favor by agreeing to explore other options.

"Basically I have narcolepsy . I often have brief periods where ill get tired and loose focus or passout.
ill slur move slow and feel out of it during a episode"

yes but if treated and medicated (which was how this thread started) properlythen i don't see why he should just have his license revoked?

people with narcolepsy are allowed to drive, often with restrictions depending on the severity of their narco/cataplexy, but they're still safe drivers.

I think the issue here is my phobia is reguarding the subjectiveness of duis if i pull over because im tired from narcolepsy coming home from the pharmacy with a bottle of amphetamine saying i just need to rest for a few minutes i get weakness and trouble focusing for a few minutes graduately that rapidly resolves. I dont passout its like being up for two days i wouldnt be pulling over because i feel too impaired to drive it be to be respectable to everyone else because if they had this just like if you didnt sleep youd pullover if you think your impaired in anyway not try to push through it. My lifes not very important i try not to drive at all because i feel pretty happy and feel like i have everything i need well except a girlfriend due to my driving phobia ill irrationally turn down beautiful smart artisty girls who straight up have tried come here and ill have sex with you . And ill still say no thank you then drive 30 minutes then watch vlogs of girls my age who look identical to the real girl 30 minutes away talking about exactly the same things . I can read at home help out around the house where if i get sleepy i can just take a nap for a few minutes. Ive never actually collapsed.

Woah sorry tmi idek what i was going for. Just ranting about how stupid i am after i started thinking

get it all out man or it'll just fester away as a mental illness ahaaa つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つ

I'm sorry to say this and I should've said it in my original post, but you simply cannot be driving a car if you have this issue. Driving a two-ton hunk of metal down the street at 60 miles per hour while having the potential to simply fall asleep and lose control is just completely unethical. You cannot be driving until you know that you can maintain control of the vehicle. There's no judgement here, I just want you and those around you to be safe.

I agree thats why my car sits in the street i dont even have my keys my parents do. Its just pretty embarrassing to be going to see a girl and have your parents drive you at 22 then again maybe its not because if that bothers them and they care more about me driving based on some false sense of independence like you built the car yourself rather than put peoples safety before my desires maybe thats going to safe me alot of grief weeding them out
Lol

You are 22 so it's your choice whether or not you want your mom involved. Dont take this the wrong way but from your postings I gather that you might be a bit scatter brained so it might be good for your mom to aak questions and hell keep up with your medical stuff.

You are 22 so it's your choice whether or not you want your mom involved. Dont take this the wrong way but from your postings I gather that you might be a bit scatter brained so it might be good for your mom to aak questions and hell keep up with your medical stuff.

I work in a medical office and we have a lot of mid-20 something's that have their mother keep up with their shit because they can't ?

I agree thats why my car sits in the street i dont even have my keys my parents do. Its just pretty embarrassing to be going to see a girl and have your parents drive you at 22 then again maybe its not because if that bothers them and they care more about me driving based on some false sense of independence like you built the car yourself rather than put peoples safety before my desires maybe thats going to safe me alot of grief weeding them out
Lol

It's only embarrassing if you let it be. Which I mean in multiple ways. One, that you choose how you respond to thoughts and emotions and thus whether you are embarrassed. But two, and maybe more importantly, it cannot be embarrassing in a social interaction with a woman unless you let it be. If you own it and are totally upfront, honest, and genuine, sharing that "yes, I suffer from this condition, oh yea it makes me feel this way, it can be really hard, etc" then how the hell is a girl that's worth anything ever going to judge you for something you don't judge yourself for? In fact, I'd be willing to bet you could easily play the card and get female attention because of your condition and inability to drive.

tldr; it's only embarrassing if you fail to adapt to the conditions and make them work for you

Get it d1nach.