• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine How to avoid puking from IV cocaine rush / bell ringer

pbuilder

Bluelighter
Picking up the needle was a bad idea, because now I want to try everything iv.

Smoking crack never gave me a bell ringer, even from 150mg + of decent crack, but I wasn't using a crack pipe, just a water bottle pipe with aluminum foil and ashes. Snorting coke always made me slightly nauseous and made drinking or smoking difficult. Smoking freebase gave me a more intense rush and more nausea but I never got even a minor bell ringer.

So yesterday I got a half gram of legit fish scale 90+% pure cocaine, I've never seen coke close to this good before, I'll add a pic when I finish this post.

Since I realized I have a needle exchange 5 mins from my house, I began shooting my occasional heroin usage a few weeks ago. I'm a chipper, I don't have a habit that causes withdrawals. But unfortunately I'm a natural at iving with the 29 gauge 100 unit insulin rigs they give out free as part of a sterile injecting pack at this needle exchange 5 mins from my house. (Alcohol wipes, sterile filter water and cooker, he'll even some free condoms.

So I basically haven't missed a shot since I learned to register by pulling back right as you puncture the skin creating a vacumn that sucks in a little stream of blood when you enter a vein.

So I was comfortable injecting cocaine for the first time, especially since it was the best coke I'd ever seen. I weighed 30mgs, added 30 units of water and banged it. Within 10 seconds I noticed my hearing distort as I got a nice rush. This was my first minor ringer. Later on a few hours later, I set up a 70mg shot and banged it, the rush was stronger this time and my hearing was even more distorted. I then felt like I was gonna puke so I ran for the washroom and sat beside the toilet, but after a minute the nausea passed.

Finally this morning, from a completely sober state, I set up a 120mg shot. Both other times I shot I was on an opiate so I think the ringer and rush was dampened a bit.

Well, I register into my left arm elbow crook in 2 seconds, and over 10 seconds inject the 120mg of cocaine. By the time I was finished pushing the plunger I got a taste of cocaine in my mouth, and was then smacked by the most intense rush and bell ringer I have ever done. This was what people meant when they talked about a bell ringer. But again after 20 seconds I felt super nauseous and ran for the bathroom and dry heaved twice over the toilet, thankfully nothing came out and the nausea passed enough that I avoided puking.

Anyone know what causes the nausea?

Anyways, I think I need a break from drugs, and definetly need to put the rig down.

EDIT: Here is a picture of the cocaine, man I wish it wasn't all gone.
482bb828728c05300e63f7bfba1207c8.png

Last edited:
eh I think the cocaine causes the nausea. I've always noticed clever garbage can placement in houses where they do good blow. Even "traditional" snorting can cause a lot of vomiting with the really good stuff. But then again you can take something for nausea if it's that bothersome. I personally like it... no clearer indication that it's the real deal. Just like with good MDMA and some others. Besides, when you throw up there's a buncha neurotransmitter action that makes it pleasurable for some reason. Just get it out the way then there's no worry!

Shew, I use to love shooting fish scale, I would get revved up just thinking about it like nothing else. We called the audio distortion the "train is coming."

It's so strange the difference between smoking/sniffing it and shooting it, it's like X.

I've tried shooting some really bunk shit that just clogged my needle, no rush, no "train", no stomach turn...a safe bet is the quality of your stuff. When I did get fish scale I would get at least 10 shots out of a gram, and have the rush, train, stomach turn, I never really loaded up though, the rush was intense enough for me personally that I never pushed it.

I'm so glad I dropped that stuff though, it's dangerous because it's hard to stop once you get going, probably because the comedown completely sucks.

Last edited:
I don't think you can ever really avoid the nausea from coke(especially IV). Some people seem to able to do as much as they want without vomiting(or even getting nauseas) but many others have no such luck. I'm guessing you fall into the latter category...like me.

And it's my experience that people who get nauseas from IV cocaine tend to continue to get nauseas from it. I mean, there are differnent things you can do/try to attempt to curve the sickening effects, but I doubt you will make much of a dent, and you must ALWAYS be careful when mixing drugs(if you ever decide to take some other drug to counteract the nauseating effects from the cocaine).

I've had nausea, but only from crack, and only from smoking waaaaaay too much, like in a three digit dollar amount, spanning multiple days. I've never IVed it before though and don't plan to. If I die of an OD I would rather it be an H OD. Not as painful.

Edited: from what I've read, it is a minor OD if vomit is black, I would post the source but I'm too lazy to find it now.