• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How to avoid paranoia/anxiety ?

g_dan1

Bluelighter
Hey everyone!

I am planning to start smoking weed again and the last time I smoked was in April at a party.
I had a somewhat unpleasant experience and got really high and paranoid off just TWO hits from my vape. I ended up constantly walking back and forth from person to person asking them if I look ok, smell ok, and act ok. LOL. But eventually I was able to chill out and just laugh and have a good time. :)

I am not sure what causes me to be paranoid from weed. Is it that my tolerance is very low and my weed is too strong? vaporizer? sativa strain? Paranoia usually comes in the beggining of the high and kinda goes away later.

I had recently stopped consuming caffeine because it sort of turned into addiction and started giving me anxiety and panic. I used to drink about 2 5-hour energy shots a day.

I am planning to get high once again this saturday. I will be using a vape outside with my gf and then coming back home. I already warned her about my paranoia and told her to try to calm me down. I will try to take just ONE hit this time and wait... Is there any way to prevent paranoia from weed other than not taking many hits? My tolerance is basically zero. I can't get any other strains atm and i will be using my vape at about 380F temperature.
I REALLY want to enjoy my experience again and have a good time without any anxiety or paranoia. I have been more anxious lately and I am trying to fix that. I know weed can actually make me happier and more chill in a way.

Any advice on preventing paranoia/anxiety or stopping it if it happens will be highly appreciated :)

Thanks!

Dunno, I get the anxiety bad when I smoke too much.
Everyone always says indica strains are more chill, for me personally if anything sativas are easier to take. I want to try the high CBD stuff everyone is talking about, maybe next time I'm in WA.
What I like to do these days is use it as a stimulant, only take one or two small puffs before doing something. I deal with the paranoia best by doing something like work, playing guitar, or walking. Something that puts you in the moment.

it helps to feel relaxed going into it, setting and mood matter. it's weird how common paranoia is for something that is so psychosomatic. just remember that the paranoia isn't coming from the herb, it's coming from your own thoughts. when you feel the paranoia creeping up take a moment to do some deep breathing, try to keep up a rhythm of deep exhales and shallow inhalations for as long as you can manage before having to take a huge inhalation and by that time you should be more chilled.

I don't much about paranoia, but anxiety is basically impossible to prevent....this is mainly due to a sort of long-term depression at GABAergic synapses....and this can take months or even years to 'reverse' if you are a heavy user...

Saying that, there are natural ways to reduce anxiety though, i recommend taking a look at this thread posted on a different forum; http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/54028-treating-anxiety-safely-effectively/

I tell everyone the same thing when they ask about marijuana related anxiety/paranoia/depersonalisation...

Take a break.

Even if you've just had one,

Take another one.

interesting... you mean a heavy user of caffeine? Cuz i ve never used any other substance heavily.

I tell everyone the same thing when they ask about marijuana related anxiety/paranoia/depersonalisation...

Take a break.

Even if you've just had one,

Take another one.

This will be my first time smoking after like 8 months... In fact when I take a break paranoia seems to be much more extreme then if I smoke regularly ( i don't want to smoke regularly tho...)

Maybe don't focus so much on smoking again being a "big deal." It might be that you hype yourself up for it which creates anxiety. I hope everything goes smoothly for you :)

And if it does not, pick up your guitar, or some fast paced twitchy video games, run, or whatever it is that normally puts you in the zone

So I actually got high today and got almost no paranoia! I did it at home and took 2 hits of my vape. the first 40 mins were pretty trippy and i felt the full effect. I definitely wouldn't be able to hide it from anyone who knows me well. I felt tike the time slowed down and my perception was trippy and sort of like a dream. something that was making me a little anxious was that I was realizing that I was talking really quite and for some reason I kept thinking that I talk weird or different.
After 1 hour the trippiness was almost completely gone and i was just feeling a little high, relaxed and happy(I had some kind of feeling of relief).
Right now its about 2 hours since i smoked and I am writing this with my girlfriend cuz im bored lol. I think what made the high short is the weed strain. It doesn't smell strong and smells very sweet like fruits. My dealer told me its green crack. I remember from my past experiences that even if I smoke more of it my high gets more trippy and intense but its still short. I have another strain that smells VERY strong and its supposed to be sour diesel. That shit gets me so much more trippy and stoned for like 4-6 hours. It also gives me some more body high. The one that i smoked now gave me almost no body sensation (prolly cuz i vaped too)
After the high I also feel creative and it made me wanna go on this forum and righ this right now :D

The best way to avoid anxiety/paranoia IMO is to smoke in a spot where you're completely comfortable, definitely indoors where you can turn on some chill music and relax with some friends. For someone with diagnosed anxiety like me, it sucks even more. But I usually take .5mg of Klonopin or 100mg of Hydroxyzine to calm myself down before smoking. Then again I've gotten used to smoking for so long, I only ever get paranoid anymore when I'm in an unfamiliar place or outside.
Try to find a nice indica strain that will relax your mind instead of getting it worked up. Research some good strains and ask around for them. If you can't get any, just watch how much you smoke. Obviously the more you smoke, the more anxious you'll be. Wait in between hits. If you reach the point where you know you're high, just take a break and enjoy yourself for the time being.

If you only smoke 1-2 times a month, Klonopin can be a solution. If you don't have any tolerance pop .5 an hour before you want to toke up. It takes away all the paranoia, at least for me. But if you planning to smoke more, then leave benzos alone. Being hooked on 'em is a nasty thing.

I changed my approach to cannabis I use it to induce anxiety attacks and when you know it's coming it''s a lot easier to deal with , the result is i have less overal anxiety , note I try to smoke outside and walk a lot while doing it this makes me much more confident out in the Streets.

so don't try to avoid anxiety learn to handle it.

Smoke more often! Any unpleasant effects go away with tolerance, I enjoy pot so much more if I smoke daily.

After years of looking at this and experiencing it myself, following a long time of never having paranoia, I am almost convinced that it's due to a neurotransmitter deficiency, which is really just a nutrient deficiency.

Maybe try take less , i usually get paranoia if smoke like 2gs in a couple hours

If you only smoke 1-2 times a month, Klonopin can be a solution. If you don't have any tolerance pop .5 an hour before you want to toke up. It takes away all the paranoia, at least for me. But if you planning to smoke more, then leave benzos alone. Being hooked on 'em is a nasty thing.
I love how the person with the Xanax bar as a profile picture brings up benzos in cannabis descussion (;
but yes I agree they're a good solution for OCCASION benzo addiction is the worst. even after a 30 pill binge, which isn't a lot, I'm ready to kill myself and everyone around me due to unbearable paranoia

I have taken years in between smoking...no matter what I get extreme panic attacks from weed. It pisses me off, I wish I could smoke to chill out being that its easily available to me if I wanted it to be. As one poster said, I believe it has to be to neurotransmitter issues.

I tried smoking again about a month or two ago...took two decent hits. I was high out of my gourd. In a very relaxed setting too with people that I love and love me (Thank God lol :sus:) One of them saw I was losing it. She just put her arms around me...then I needed to be alone to pull myself together. I was also so dizzy and nauseous. I didn't want everyone around me, I thought I was going to start vomiting.

In the end, I sat still, focused on my breathing...It lasted about an hour and a half. No matter what I do, how long apart ....I get panic attacks when I smoke.

In fact when I take a break paranoia seems to be much more extreme then if I smoke regularly ( i don't want to smoke regularly tho...)

So why do you keep starting back up?

If a drug causes undesirable effects, I would think you'd just stop taking the drug. I'm kind of dumb, though, so that might not make much sense....

The best way to combat drug-induced anxiety and paranoia is..... to not take drugs. Unfortunately, that wisdom escapes most drug users that this topic would apply to, and instead they choose to add more drugs to the mix in the hope that they'll all balance each other out or something. Idk, that shit's always struck me as pretty god damn stupid.