• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How to avoid GHB insomnia from single uses (no tolerance)? OR does baclofen have the similar positives without insomnia when it wears off?

egaoieas

Greenlighter
tl;dr last couple of paragraphs.

GHB I have found to totally eviscerate depression and makes me weep for joy. I find it so therapeutic however the insomnia that comes after dosing really frightens me and made me not want to do it again.

If I were just able to control the insomnia I would be able to use it as an incredible therapeutic tool but in my last experiments I would take it - feel amazing - then my sleep cycle would be fucked up for DAYS which I found terrifying (as it turned my usual routine upside down) and I would swear myself off it again.

To note: I don't find it very addictive or compulsive - I would just take what I had planned to take for the test for that day and not touch the rest. I would, however, buy the minimum amount (10-15ml) for peace of mind but still had enough for additional doses but didn't touch it. Though due to the insomnia I would furiously flush the rest away in anger and anxiety at the predicament that had occurred.

Note: doses were always taken in the daytime (or at latest 5pm only one time but usually stopped by about 2-3pm) and I would only redose over a couple of hours until reaching the amount I had planned for the day then stop, yet still sleep would elude me when I would go to bed around 9/10 pm and not a wink for the whole night.

I began tests by slowly titrating 1/1.5ml steps of purity 0.7/8 gram per ml concentration solutions.

I noticed that the insomnia issues only began to show themselves about the 3.6 gram mark, although maybe it was a little more difficult at doses below I don't remember it so must not have been too much of an issue. At this dose I JUST about got to sleep for like an hour but still was really difficult. Above that I have gone up to as high as 8 grams in one day but that was the max one time and the other couple of times it was 4-5 grams. The real emotional joy only seem to show itself between this 3.6-5 gram mark which is the prime insomnia territory.

So at 4-5 grams it has caused total insomnia for the first night and apart from one time where I seem to have fluked sleep the next night, I then had insomnia for several nights after that. I would get intense performance anxiety after the first night fearful that 'when will I sleep again' which is a vicious cycle and the compounding fear and mental and physical degradation are exponential each day of no sleep. It sucks so much I hate it. How can a fucking DEPRESSANT do that? Yea I know rebound whatever you call it dopamine or glutamate - it sucks!

It is as bad as a stimulant in that respect. I feel NO effects from the drug long after having taken it in the daytime but still the sleep eludes me. I have no fucking idea how people merrily report dropping off into a beautiful slumber the same day they took this stuff. I have also not once passed out on GHB even up to the 5 gram mark. Can't understand how this is touted as 'the ultimate sleep inducer'. My initial experiments with larger doses was with the thought that if I were able to pass out from the GHB itself then I would avoid the insomnia but that has failed totally as it doesn't put me to sleep. It isn't like a depressant at all to me. With kratom for instance you will feel more sedated the higher the dose and likewise with alcohol or the rare times I took benzoes. With G however even in the 4-5 gram range I didn't feel like my body was tired and no signs of depressant effects like yawning. My body felt buzzing more than anything and just sloppy/dizzy - though wasn't uncomfortable and felt great. I would lose vision at peak of those higher doses but no sense of linear depressant effects like aforementioned substances.

I had been looking into baclofen. User reports of the therapeutic effects seem very similar to GHB (talking of the emotional release of positive emotions similar to both G and phenibut - the latter I do not wanna try due to the rapid tolerance/withdrawal issues) and I don't see it as having this rebound reported. Is that the case? Can you sleep normally after taking baclofen without this rebound insomnia crap that GHB causes? Seems like it would be a much better option if so rather than trying to juggle this insomnia with G. Insomnia is like fucking torture. I stopped stimulants years ago because of that and thought GHB would be the opposite being a purported depressant but turns out to be almost if not as bad as stims!!

Tbh I have so much anxiety about wanting to try it again for the sole reason of that fucking insomnia but it also true that nothing else I know has had such a positive therapeutic effect for feelings of hopelessness. I would love to find a lite version of GHB which had those therapeutic effects on the emotions without that fucking insomnia! to be able to take and not have intense anxiety when it wears of at feeling like you must start the real battle as you go into bed of trying to sleep.