• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How the hell do people use 29-31 gauge? 25 gauge clogging up on pullback..

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
I can’t understand how people use such a small gauge needle..

I ran out of 22 gauge and have been trying to use 25 gauge with little to no success..

Every time I’m in a vein and pullback to register a clot forms in the tip of the needle causing me to put great pressure to break and possibly sending a clump into my vein.. extremely dangerous ...

time to give my veins a rest they’re about to collapse on my left elbow

Just hold steady an go in your hand, don’t play with it just do it.....

Hmmm, sorry that you have to deal with this shit OP, I'm sure it's pretty fucking aggravating. Unfortunately, I have never had this problem using small(er) gauge and in fact, I prefer smaller gauge if available as they cause comparatively less damage to the injection site. I've actually never used a needle as large as a 22g. I actually think you should reconsider your usage of such large needles, as they are not meant to be inserted into veins and will destroy your available veins much faster than a smaller one.

Are you injecting pills? That would explain a lot. I will wait for your reply, but using micron filters would make the solution more uniform and less likely to clog your rig.

Last edited:
Yeah it sounds to me like a technique problem on the part of the OP.

I could not imagine using a 25 gauge needle. Is there a particular reason why you're using a needle so big? What are you shooting?

I have used big needles, they leave big holes. Never necessary. If it too thick to shoot you shouldnt be shooting it. Ones own blood shouldn't clog a syringe, though dried blood will.

Im trying to understand/visualize the nature of the problem you're having but im having trouble doing so.

I believe you are considering your rigs the wrong way. Larger needles have more opportunity to draw up particulate matter. I used to use 28g when I was into needles and rarely had a rig clog up, even when I was simply using cotton as a filter. What are you shooting and what type of filter are you using?

I can’t understand how people use such a small gauge needle..

I ran out of 22 gauge and have been trying to use 25 gauge with little to no success..

Every time I’m in a vein and pullback to register a clot forms in the tip of the needle causing me to put great pressure to break and possibly sending a clump into my vein.. extremely dangerous ...

time to give my veins a rest they’re about to collapse on my left elbow

How do you know it's a clot? Also what kind of syringes are you using?

I always used either 27 or 28g insulin needles. They're generally the best IMO because they have no space at the hub of the needle for drug to be wasted in. It's also a lot easier to see the blood register for that same reason.

Are you shooting pills?

I feel like something must be missing here cause it doesn't make sense.

I always used either 27g terumo insulin syringes, or 28g bd insulin syringes. If they don't work I figure there must be something we're missing about how you're using them.

I've actually never used a needle as large as a 22g. I actually think you should reconsider your usage of such large needles, as they are not meant to be inserted into veins and will destroy your available veins much faster than a smaller one.

Actually I'm pretty sure the 18-22g needles ARE meant for IV use. The smaller 27-30g we use are for subcutaneous use.

But that's for the medical field. And they aren't injecting street drugs, potentially 2-3 times a day. When they need to inject IV over and over they insert a cannula (which itself is usually 20g)

Sorry I know this is kinda off topic, my point is you absolutely can use larger needles for IV. it's just that for us recreational drug users we're much better off going smaller.

You're right that using bigger all the time is more trauma for your vein. I'm mostly being pedantic here.

Last edited:
I'll bet any amount they're IVing either (1) a grade of heroin intended only for smoking and full of chemicals that could be collagulating and precipitating to clog the needle or 2) a homemade solution from tablets or capsules prepared without any real filtration. If you're cooking like in a spoon maybe stuff is coming out of solution as it cools.

I was doing myself a lot of harm IVing hydro/apap tabs many years ago and am very lucky to be alive. Please get some help either by posting right here on this thread about what's happening and why. There are many here who can be of assistance and help you improve your situation.

Last edited:
Hmmm, sorry that you have to deal with this shit OP, I'm sure it's pretty fucking aggravating. Unfortunately, I have never had this problem using small(er) gauge and in fact, I prefer smaller gauge if available as they cause comparatively less damage to the injection site. I've actually never used a needle as large as a 22g. I actually think you should reconsider your usage of such large needles, as they are not meant to be inserted into veins and will destroy your available veins much faster than a smaller one.

Are you injecting pills? That would explain a lot. I will wait for your reply, but using micron filters would make the solution more uniform and less likely to clog your rig.

usually Suboxone strips or cocaine, occasional heroin.

I have access to larger needles due to steroid use, and my veins are fairly large so the size of the needle is still smaller then my main veins.

I guess the Suboxone has potentially clogged or collapsed 2 of my veins making the shooting much more difficult.

I have used big needles, they leave big holes. Never necessary. If it too thick to shoot you shouldnt be shooting it. Ones own blood shouldn't clog a syringe, though dried blood will.

Im trying to understand/visualize the nature of the problem you're having but im having trouble doing so.

probably because Suboxone films solution is fairly thick, even in 1.5-2mL if water

I’ve also been on steroids for years which is known to thicken blood more than the average person which could contribute to my current issue

usually Suboxone strips or cocaine, occasional heroin.

I have access to larger needles due to steroid use, and my veins are fairly large so the size of the needle is still smaller then my main veins.

I guess the Suboxone has potentially clogged or collapsed 2 of my veins making the shooting much more difficult.
Going slightly off topic - you shoot suboxone strips? I did that once and my ex said I was insane. I just added a bunch of water and split it into 4 and tried my best to guess and not overdose. I was so high and I hated it, i just laid in bed and slept it off. I was pretty afraid later because I had no idea what type of damage I did to my body.

As far as the thickness of your blood, when I started shooting I was on iron supplements and very dehydrated most of the time. I have dealt with my fair share of clotting. As you know, water water water. I also heard that adding a grain or 3 of salt to your mixture can keep the clotting at bay. You may want to look into that deeper, don't just take my word for it

I feel that the bigger your needle, the more blood is exposed to air, the faster the clot. Have you ever tried a smaller gauge? The 25 gauge is going to wear your veins out so much faster than a smaller gauge needle.

Going slightly off topic - you shoot suboxone strips? I did that once and my ex said I was insane. I just added a bunch of water and split it into 4 and tried my best to guess and not overdose. I was so high and I hated it, i just laid in bed and slept it off. I was pretty afraid later because I had no idea what type of damage I did to my body.

As far as the thickness of your blood, when I started shooting I was on iron supplements and very dehydrated most of the time. I have dealt with my fair share of clotting. As you know, water water water. I also heard that adding a grain or 3 of salt to your mixture can keep the clotting at bay. You may want to look into that deeper, don't just take my word for it

I feel that the bigger your needle, the more blood is exposed to air, the faster the clot. Have you ever tried a smaller gauge? The 25 gauge is going to wear your veins out so much faster than a smaller gauge needle.

Im doing my best to stop doing it cause there is no rush but for some reason I keep doing it..
I’ve probably shot Suboxone. 250-300 tjmes

this thread should be called "How the hell do you use 22g needles" instead.
Go big or go home!

I am starting to think the god awful feeling I had after injecting suboxone was all of my brain cells dying. I assumed it was what heroin felt like. It felt like that 10 seconds after you're choked out and you wake up. So bad

Go big or go home!

I am starting to think the god awful feeling I had after injecting suboxone was all of my brain cells dying. I assumed it was what heroin felt like. It felt like that 10 seconds after you're choked out and you wake up. So bad

Yeah no heroin doesn't feel like that. :p
Heroin feels like a rush of warmth and contendedness.

It shouldn't feel like being lightheaded or like blood is rushing into your head.

this thread should be called "How the hell do you use 22g needles" instead.

why? It’s simple a 22 gauge needle fits into major veins easily and you don’t have to push the plunger for 60 seconds, it’s in and out.

I was told by a nurse lower gauge was fine despite damage because my
Veins matched the size of the needle.

I can’t imagine shooting drugs in a 29 gauge needle 😂

The high from IV'd buprenorphine is almost indistinguishable from the "plateau stage" of a heroin high IMO. There's no rush but properly-dosed it's undoubtedly the most economical of any opioid you could possibly abuse that way.

Also, less is more with buprenorphine. Dividing one suboxone strip into four pieces for an injection preparation, that's way way too much. You should be aiming for a dose measurable in the micrograms...that's how injection-ready buprenorphine is doled out, buprenorphine is a very potent narcotic opioid and if you're attempting to inject a dose that would get a recreational drug user high by taking it orally, you're taking too much. You should be aiming for a dose that'll dissolve (seemingly) completely in about 30 units of water.

Note: the above information is for entertainment purposes only, don't inject buprenorphine, drugs are bad mmkay, etc.