• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids How take take GHB without it DESTROYING sleep pattern/causing total insomnia?

feoiiaoe

Greenlighter
Preface by saying this is with no tolerance as there are many months between trials.

The positive effects are nothing short of incredible but I fucking hate the insomnia it has caused most times I have taken it.

I made sure not to take 6+ hours before bed but still I would get near or total insomnia for that coming night. Really ruins the fun to have INTENSE anxiety that you won't sleep when it wears off.

Can't understand how this is used to knock people out as I have never once passed out from it even when trying up to 8 grams in a day granted spread between a few hours but have probably had several grams active at one time and didn't feel like passing out at all.

I first took it as I thought it would be ideal to both enjoy a clean euphoric high and get a wonderful nights sleep after but the latter has eluded me when taking it.

What is worse now is that the anxiety is compounded because of those previous experiences but still it has so much therapeutic potential I believe it could be really life-changing if the insomnia could be put in check.

Are other gaba b drugs like this? Baclofen seemed interesting but I also read people have trouble sleeping with that too, like 50/50 on whether it helps or harms sleep. Regular phenibut I never want to try due to the incredibly fast tolerance/withdrawal effects reported. I have taken small (few mg) doses of baclofen in a couple of small tests in the past but not enough to say anything conclusively. I do recall it not being easier to sleep and possibly a little more trouble but could have been 'new drug anxiety' involved there.

Last edited:
Hey @feoiiaoe and welcome to the forums! We are oh so happy to have new faces pop up. Thanks for taking the plunge and registering. Hopefully this is the start of a long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationship for all of us :) yay!

I think you need to do an Occam's Razor here and accept that GHB (Gamma-Hydroxy Butyrate) is a drug that you enjoy using, but it's side effects are not all positive. You just can't have your cake and eat it too. The other drugs that you're inquiring about like Baclofen are truly not in the same realm as something like GHB, which is much more like Alcohol or Barbiturates than Gabapentinoids. Drugs like Baclofen are most similar in their chemical composition. but not in the way that they ultimately effect the body.

I'm going to leave this open for the time being, but I'm concerned that it's going to end up as an extremely broad and open-ended discussion without a clear objective. If you have any speciic concerns, I would try to be as precise as possible to get the most precise and accurate answers in return.

Hi and welcome, Years ago I abused it in GBL, NaGHB-the long lasting best for taper and sleep, and who knows which analogues more, but I was lucky back then and cold turkey it with benzos, pregabalin, you need to watch pottasium levels.
So as Keif' Richards said. So how much time you use it? Is it proper? if is, than just circle (circadian rythm), GHB hits not only Gaba-b like other similar gabapentinoids Phenibut,....than pregabs and gabapentin are VCa-ion, GHB hits ghb, gaba-b, dopamine, And I aleays knew which drop will be the one to pass out.
Time?, form?,there are many factors at stake? Try not to use it and if you are not hooked like couple months every day than you can stop with taper, and also you said that you never pass-out? SO?
Be safe

ethanol and GHB both do the same thing to me. primary effects occur and at some point 4 - 8 hours later, they wear off and the subsequent uptick in glutamate activity ruins my sleep/life/nerves. :shrug: my solution was to stop using GHB and ethanol :/

GHB produces a dopamine rebound when it wears off which is why it produces insomnia. Although for most people, a strong dose can put you to sleep pretty well during the main effects. The reason they prescribe it sometimes for people with narcolepsy is because you're supposed to take a pretty large dose and immediately sleep. Then the dopamine rebound seems to help people stay awake like normal once the sleep is over. People with narcolepsy don't have a normal sleep cycle and will randomly fall asleep during the day. I don't think GHB is very good for sleep for normal people, and as a recreational drug, it definitely impacts sleep, since you're trying to stay awake to enjoy the effects, and then it makes sleep harder afterwards.