• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom How stimulating is Kratom compared to other stimulants?

Slayer0344

Bluelighter
Hey guys,

Kratom is listed as both producing stimulating and opiate like effects at their respected dose ranges, having not have taken it yet, I’m wanting to gauge exactly how strong those stimulant effects are?

I’m not a fan of a stimulant rush so wanting to avoid as much as possible but also not wanting to dose Kratom too high,

How would the stimulating high compare to say coffee? Stronger than coffee? Weaker than adderall? Where does it sit in everyone’s opinion?

It really depends on a lot of factors- your brain chemistry, your tolerance, the amount you are taking and whether is green vein or a red vein (green veins are generally considered more stimulant). I ve mostly used red Maeng Da to keep opioid w-d at bay , hence I was taking at least 8-10 grams per session, and the stimulant effects were pretty mild (just once I had maybe 14 grams or more and felt pretty jittery, like when u ve drank too much coffee). So I ld say stronger ( and less jittery unless you overdo) than coffee but way weaker than Ritalin, Adderall or coke ( my wife loves her coke and her Ritalin and kratom did nothing to her)

Interesting, I have red maeng da to try for when I stop my subs in a few days, what dose did you start with to keep the withdrawal at bay? Did you start right at 8 grams?

Interesting, I have red maeng da to try for when I stop my subs in a few days, what dose did you start with to keep the withdrawal at bay? Did you start right at 8 grams?
8 or 10, depending from how addicted to a particular opioid I was and for how long. When I was using 300 mgs of oxys per day I ve started with 12 ( kratom helped a lot but I ve also used loperamide for the shits and Xanax for sleeping). It worked, kratom it s a life saver at least for the physical w-d. When it comes to the psychological part, well I m still dealing with it...

Last edited:
I used red Maeng Da to kick a 3-year 100mg per day oxycodone habit. Took 6 to 8 capsules* every 3 or 4 hours and experienced no withdrawal symptoms whatsoever.

* 3 to 4 grams

I wouldn't start kratom at 8 grams, regardless of opioid tolerance, if you've never tried it before. 3-5 grams max

After ten years more or less on kratom, I combined it with anything and everything, caffeine was one of the better ones
Yeah, and I'm a coffee fiend anyway. I drink 10 to 15 cups of black coffee daily. I used to drink even more than that, but I got tired of having to pee all the time.

I’m only on 1mg of subs per day so I’m guessing I’ll need a much lower Kratom dose?

also how long did you take the Kratom before you stopped and went back to complete baseline? I don’t want to get hooked on Kratom and swap one dependence for another

also how long did you take the Kratom before you stopped and went back to complete baseline? I don’t want to get hooked on Kratom and swap one dependence for another
Generally I use kratom for the first week- 10 days at most of w-d, slowly reducing doses. There s people here who take- have taken crazy amounts but you should stick to 3-4 grams and maybe add more if needed just to cope with the hardest part of w-d ( I ve never been addicted to suboxone hence I dunno how long does it take, with H and oxys I was okeyish after a week-10 days) . There´s potential for addiction but IME nothing compared to "real " opiates (both in terms of effects and will to use and in terms of w-d) but people hErE on BL might differ

I’m only on 1mg of subs per day so I’m guessing I’ll need a much lower Kratom dose?
Always start low. With kratom, a little is better than a lot. I'd start at 2 or 3 grams and wait at least an hour before deciding if you need more.
It does wear off pretty quickly, though. You may want to redose in 3 or 4 hours.