• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

how soon is to soon to begin dating

Thankz for the tips..I actually had a pretty good night for being at the crib alone.I had a gr8 work out and even picked up the guitar..I'm going to keep positive..I've reading a lot of buddhisn recently and is actually very calming..I'm doing good. N regardless of what happens between us..ill be a better person for having the experience and learning from it..I'm suprisingly calm even knowing he's out there right now w ol girl..

I know it's hard to do, but just going about your life as normal and focusing on yourself, instead of focusing on your ex, is the best thing.

One day you'll find yourself flirting with someone and realize that you've moved on and are ready for a new relationship.

I really don't think going out on a date tonight is going to solve your problem. You will most likely be thinking of your ex the whole time.

How did you find out your ex is going out on his second date with new girl? The sooner you stop all contact, the sooner you can move on.

Ya I'm coming to that conclusion..I've been in a pathetic way lately..I mean, I have to get myself together bc trying to get back w someone who is clearly interested in someone else, isn't my style...I have more respect for myself then that. .he told me it was date num two..

Ya I canceled the date..I'm not ready to even begin to be w someone else again. Instead I'm gna just hang w some old friends.. this whole situation is hard, I've lost a lot of Faith.. I got a stalker kow tho, which seriously creeps me out..

I'm in the same position, my girl of 5 years split on me a month ago. I keep wanting to find a new girl (mostly because I feel so lost without the companionship) but every time I get into a conversation with a new girl I realise 30 seconds in that i'm not ready for it, just end up being cold and throwing the conversation away, only to then spend the rest of the day missing the hell out of my ex :(. It's a struggle for sure, but i'm just hitting the gym and working on my car heaps, trying to focus on myself and my hobbies. Although i'm fairly confused about how to get back into the dating world, I figure it'll happen naturally once i'm ready, i'm sure the same will go for you :). It's a scary and lonely road after a LTR breakup, not to mention losing your first love, but I figure it happens to everyone and most people recover. Keep your chin up girlie.

U too bud..ya its getting easier..dating is gna be tricky having been out of the game so long..I'm excited to find love again tho, in time.

Idk if its bad or not but I like being in a relationship?

Dude, relationships are the best. I struggle to appreciate the good things in life when I don't have someone to share them with. Also, having nobody to share that sleepy-cuddly feeling with when you first wake up sucks. With this being said, it may just be shit we need to work on solo, I imagine i've become pretty damn co-dependant over the last 5 years. Might be time to learn how to be happy alone, and then take that knowledge to the next relationship.

Idk if its bad or not but I like being in a relationship?

Relationships are great, I too love being in a GOOD relationship. But being single is much better than being in a bad relationship, or even just one where you aren't completely happy.

I just really lke being in love and smeone in love w me..relationships r a fabulous thing. Even if they go bad, theres a lession to be learned from it. I try and see the positive in everything. But id b ok single also, but there's nothing like cuddling in the morning w a good man..I surprising met someone, but who knows..ill probably chicken out and cancel the date..I haven't been on a date in a decade and I'm still so hurt..

Last edited:
You met somebody already? That's great sconnie! If you start dating, just take it slow. If it's meant to be it will happen but don't be in a rush. Hey at least you're getting distracted from your breakup. Be ready for the possibility that one day he might call you and act like nothing's happened. My ex and I started talking over the phone a couple weeks ago after several months with no communication.

I felt I was about to get my heart broken again when he asked me to come over which I just won't do. I can't go through it again. He called Thursday and it really felt good to just look at the phone and not answer it. We broke up for a reason and I keep telling myself this. Be strong girl, you'll get there! :)

Ok so I have a date this coming weekend, assuming I don't cancel...I have to just throw myself out there atp bc I can't get dude off my head...do I tell this date that I'm just out of a ltr? I haven't dated in a decade n don't know how.I wish he would just come home.

It really sucks when relationships end, especially ones as long as these. I feel for you. It is a big blow, and you are grievingg a relatively signifiant loss. There are also a lot of fears that will surface now, and you are forced to evaluate your standing as a person, who is suddenly (somewhat) alone in the world. This can be some heavy shit. In my opinion, there are some healthy ways of processing it all and working through the messy feelings, and then there are some not so healthy ways of doing it.

To be honest SCONNIE: it seems like this has hit you hard, and you're a bit of a mess. That's okay, but it will pay to be clever about all of this now.

I'd cancel the date personally. A few days ago you cancelled a date because you thought you were nowhere near ready, and you were right - nothing has changed in a few days. You are still reeling from all of this, and you are desperately hoping that your boyfriend comes back. You have not processed all of this yet. This break up has been a shock to you, and you're scared of the future right now. I think now is a really good time for you to take a solid break from dating, and focus completely on yourself.

You said that you'd started doing some reading on Buddhism, had been working out and picked up your guitar. This is the sort of thing you need right now. Bringing some guy into the picture isn't wise at a time when you're already feeling rejected, abandoned and vulnerable. Find yourself properly again, and work on your self-esteem - getting dumped by the love of your life would be a massive blow to anyone's ego. You also mentioned abandonment and control issues that you wanted to work on - I definitely think you could benefit from working with a therapist over this. Sure, you may be able to work through it just fine on your own, but it's smart to use a therapist to ensure that it happens as quickly as possible.

I think it's a good idea to work on your independence at this point. I'd try to become comfortable being alone before even consider entering into another relationship.

Breakups suck, and they're damaging. The way you feel now is normal, and it will pass. Reach out to your family and friends, and re-establish those support networks - you will start feeling better soon.

And most definitely cut all contact with your ex immediately - it will only bring you pain. You have nothing to gain from it. You don't want to know about his dates, or anything about his life. If you have mutual friends, advise them of this. His life is his life now, and yours is yours. Focus on yours. You need to have zero contact in order to move on.

I hope that made sense - I'm pretty stoned and I just realised how long it is so cbf proof reading. lol.

But yeah, good luck - you'll feel better soon enough.

Thnx mel..good advice..I do see a therapist but it doesn't help...I'm just so lost..

I don't really have anything to offer, but I remember often seeing a lot of your posts in TDS back in 2012 and for what it's worth I hope you can make it through this.

here's a song, if only to occupy your time

That song pretty much said it all... :/ I sure hope I do too..It would be a lot easier if I had some support..its hard for me to move on..idl this grief process..