• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How soon can i take hydrocodone after methadone

Jdolecek70

Greenlighter
I took 20mg of methadone at 10 a.m. But it's not relieving my pain like I had hoped. When is it safe to take some hydrocodone without risking in the respiratory issues?

Your fine man- methadone is around 3-4x the potency of hydrocodone

Try 10-15mg if your that worried or tolerance is low as a start, though really 20-30mg of hydro would be fine -m?thadone wears off faster for analgesia, so 4-8 hours later you could resodose, although don’t know your history

Point is, a modest dose of hydro is just fine- 20-30ng is roughly equivalent to 5-10mg methadone with faster onset; post back with quest and wish well

Abd checks out opioid conversion chart, or ? Lorne’s Opioid etc. Superthread -the SDU is ~10mg methadone for acute dosing, more like with chronic dosing, while the SDU for hydro is around 30(20-40*) so again, your ok-3-40ng wouldn’t = 20mg, si please, relieve your pain and don’t worry quite so much-again post back, and good luck

And you are supposed to take methadone twice per day for pain anyway, w/breakthrough medications as needed -some take it tid/every 7-12 hours

Last month I took 20 mg of methadone and 24 hours later took 20 more and a couple hours after that testing my O2 and it was down to 88% so I didn't want to go too low as far as my history goes I take about 5 to 6 Oxys a day until I run out and because the doctors refuse to help me and they just wants to judge everyone that walks to the door they won't help me I've asked them every single month for the last 8 months to help me in and I've told them that the oxy isn't working that good anymore and they're only responses well that happens sometimes well that's just b*******so then I have to buy stuff off the street

No, you are fine- it was 10am man

Take 20-30mg hydrocodone and go from there

Nethadone is a potent long acting opioid, though it has to be taken almost every day to build in your system for maximum effectiveness

You are fine, you could take 10-15mg more methadone at this point- check the LD50’s if your worried :) It’s fine, you would have to get at least high before respiratory depression obecame a serious issue-just don’t mix anything like alcohol or benzos and follow my previous dosing instructions, and use the opioid calculators, or the “superthtead” with my namesake near top of posts, and again, wish you luck and health, and yes, many doctors don’t give a flying about patients pain or suffering-Sorry post PRN(as needed) and don’t be in pain, your body knows what it’s doing, for analgesia things work out better- Live Long and Prosper :)