• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How soon after oxy can I take suboxone?

AshleaRed

Bluelighter
I take 30 mg oxy per dose 2 to 4 times a day. How soon after my last dose can I take Suboxone to get the "high" effect without feeling PWD? I have a 12 mg strip, the kind that dissolves in your mouth. I plan to just take the tiniest piece of it at first since I don't normally take it and don't know how it will affect me. Thoughts about how I plan to dose? As well as answers to my question of how long I need to wait? Thank you!

If you want a "high" from Suboxone you are going to be sorely disappointed. If you want to maintain with it and not get precip w/d then you are talking about a bare minimum of 12 or so hours, quite possibly up to 24. It is not going to be a good time either way but if you want to get on bupe there is no other way unfortunately (except to be on a shorter acting opiate for less time to wait. Just be glad you're not on methadone.)

If you want a "high" from Suboxone you are going to be sorely disappointed. If you want to maintain with it and not get precip w/d then you are talking about a bare minimum of 12 or so hours, quite possibly up to 24. It is not going to be a good time either way but if you want to get on bupe there is no other way unfortunately (except to be on a shorter acting opiate for less time to wait. Just be glad you're not on methadone.)
So I said I didn't know how it was going to affect me but honestly that's just because it's been a while since I've taken them. I have actually taken them a few times before. And every time I've taken it, I've felt great. It actually feels stronger to me than oxy. That's really the reason I said I need to take just a small piece. In addition to the fact that it's been over a year since taking one. So with that being said, what makes you say I won't feel a high or that it's not going to be a good time? Like I said above, I've used suboxone in place of oxys before, usually when I can't find oxys, and it's been just fine. I just don't remember how long I waited before hand which is why I've made this post. I do remember that I didn't wait to go into withdrawal before taking them but everything I've read said thats what you're supposed to do.

Have you had negative experiences with suboxone? Is it possible it maybe just affects people differently? Because I'm curious to know why our thoughts on it seem to be so different.

Also, dealers in my area sell sub strips just as much as pain killers and people frequently buy them on the streets to get high. So I can't be alone in feeling this way.

You can definitely get high from suboxone if you don't have a tolerance. The first time I took suboxone i was off opioids from some time and I thought hey I'll snort half of this 8mg tablet. It was actually quite strong and long lasting. Very stimulating. I kind of liked it. Didn't love it really and it had a weird edginess to it but I did get high. Had constricted puils and was itching my nose and etc. Definitely got high.

You're not likely to get high from Buprenorphine (Suboxone), given your history and current level of usage. It just really doesn't work like that. You will find people using Buprenorphine recreationally who have previously not been dependent upon Opioids for sure. It's also not out of the question for someone with a previous dependency to get a buzz from Buprenorphine following a long period of abstinence, but it's not likely that you're going to have such an experience given what is a fairly signifcicant, regular intake of potent Opioids like Oxycodone.

Buprenorphine for you would be best used as a stop-gap solution for when your stock fluctuates unexpectedly or to help you taper from Opioids completely. At any rate, you absolutely don't want to take Buprenorphine prior to experiencing significant withdrawal symptoms from the Oxycodone. For most people, this means at least a full 24 hours and maybe more. I have gradually moved away from trying to provide people with objective timetables for inducting with Buprenorphine. I think it serves people much better to just say, "listen to your body". Your body is going to tell you what's up.

Everyone is different in terms of the symptoms they experience in withdrawal. You know best what withdrawal means to you. For this MA RT. 128 junkie, withdrawal means a gradual increase in anxiety and a gradual return to sensing the world around me in relation to the numbness of Opioid intoxication. Then the restlessness, then the yawning, then the tears, then the vomiting. The vomiting would be my indication that I could probably administer a little bit of Buprenorphine.

Like you've said in your original post OP, you should definitely start with a small piece of the strip. The smaller the better. Put it under your tongue and wait 30 minutes. See how you feel. Do you feel better or worse? If it's the former, then you can continue taking pieces of the strip. 12mg is a relatively strong dosage, so, small pieces.

SKL, I dig your avatar. It's badass, except you accidentally put a Yankees logo inside the steal your face, where there should be a Red Sox logo. We all make mistakes.

I take 30 mg oxy per dose 2 to 4 times a day. How soon after my last dose can I take Suboxone to get the "high" effect without feeling PWD? I have a 12 mg strip, the kind that dissolves in your mouth. I plan to just take the tiniest piece of it at first since I don't normally take it and don't know how it will affect me. Thoughts about how I plan to dose? As well as answers to my question of how long I need to wait? Thank you!
Wait 24 hours if you dose four a day. If you dose oxy twice a day just wait 12. Good luck.

Has anyone gone the opposite direction and tried to go from being on Suboxone to taking hydrocodone without it making you sick and giving you that good "effect"?