Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How should I start keeping myself safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybrina

Bluelighter
My parents know I smoke but thats it. They ask me to not smoke in the house and I respect that, though sometimes I'll hit a cart inside.

I've never been super careful with my stash or my internet browsing history because my parents are pretty chill, my life wouldn't end if I was caught.

However I am becoming a lot more involved into drug research and if my parents check my internet portal thing they'll probably see a LOT of what i have been studying. My stash is becoming much more incriminating too because now I have more than just weed.

I am starting to feel a little bit paranoid with how easy it would be to catch me, and my stash is pretty well hidden but if they do find it it won't be good.

Anyone go through something similar and have good ways to be a bit more sneaky?

Do you have any spots in your house where you can pull up a floorboard and make a little stash spot? Could also keep everything in a sealed water tight jar/container and bury it outside and only keep what you are using inside, its a pain in the ass but better than losing your shit if someone decides to snoop around.

Last edited:
I would say respect your parent's home, yourself and substances.

I'm guessing you're under 18 or 21, that means your brain is still developing. You have your whole life to explore drugs and alcohol. 90% of people that end up abusing substances the remainder of their entire existence start under age 21.

The best way to "stay safe" is to research all the harm reduction you can, work hard and save up money, get your own place and THEN use substances to your hearts content. Stick to weed outside for now. Once you're an adult, do as you wish but be careful - it's a slippery slope between fun experimentation and life-ruining hell.

You'll never get this time back. Don't use it "being sneaky", hiding shit from your parents, and altering your brain chemistry for life.. Find a good therapist. WHY do you want to get high/drunk/escape reality?

Signed,

A 36 year old woman who started using at age 15 and is in recovery and knows way more about this than you.

Last edited:
Thats a bit arrogant to tell someone you know way more about something than they do when thats not really true, you dont really know anything about their intentions or if they are in any way going to deal with addiction as the majority of people who experiment never end up addicts. To tell them to get a therapist because they are experimenting with Weed and Mushrooms at an age where most people do is also a bit insulting and preachy. Im not trying to start shit but thats just not how you go about things if you want anyone to listen, in fact that type of response will make most people just tune you out. Im not trying to start shit at all Im just pointing it out, OP has just had their first mushroom trip a couple days ago and had a good time and are probably still riding that feeling and being excited and you tell them they are gonna be an addict because you were and that they need therapy, pretty shitty way to rain on someones parade who did nothing to you. If they were posting "how do I shoot pills" or "how do I cook crack the right way" I could understand a little bit better but they werent.

Do you have any spots in your house where you can pull up a floorboard and make a little stash spot? Could also keep everything in a sealed water tight jar/container and bury it outside and only keep what you are using inside, its a pain in the ass but better than losing your shit if someone decides to snoop around.

DO NOT hide stuff underground!

This is how Heroin has become contaminated with the Botulism toxin and the bacteria that produce it.
The bacteria get inside the stash through a tiny hole and then contaminate it.
Dealers/traffickers have hidden stuff underground and this has happened.
This doesn’t just apply to Heroin!
You do not want to be using any drug that’s contaminated with that shit as it’s extremely dangerous!
Yes you think you’ve wrapped your stuff air tight but I imagine all those people who ended up with contaminated stuff thought the same too.

Wipe your internet history if you’re doing your research online and get into a habit of doing that, do you don’t forget.

Another idea is to buy some kind of stash can, stash brush or bottle etc, one that looks and feels like the genuine article and put it around real one’s of your’s, so they’ll not be suspicious and it’s not out of place. 👍

I would say respect your parent's home, yourself and substances.

I'm guessing you're under 18 or 21, that means your brain is still developing. You have your whole life to explore drugs and alcohol. 90% of people that end up abusing substances the remainder of their entire existence start under age 21.

The best way to "stay safe" is to research all the harm reduction you can, work hard and save up money, get your own place and THEN use substances to your hearts content. Stick to weed outside for now. Once you're an adult, do as you wish but be careful - it's a slippery slope between fun experimentation and life-ruining hell.

You'll never get this time back. Don't use it "being sneaky", hiding shit from your parents, and altering your brain chemistry for life.. Find a good therapist. WHY do you want to get high/drunk/escape reality?

Signed,

A 36 year old woman who started using at age 15 and is in recovery and knows way more about this than you.
I am only interested in specific drugs, there are many things id never get near. There is always the possibilty of an impulsive decision to do something put in front of me but im not planning on doing any drugs that have very obvious cases of ruining peoples lives.

Specifically i am interested in psychedelics, but im going to stay away from things like ketamine. The worst thing id do is dmt or molly, whichever youd consider worse.

I dont live my life to be sneaky and just do a bunch of drugs, i want to be sneaky so that i can keep myself out of trouble. Your about page kind of describes why i started smoking weed. I have early childhood trauma that often gets disregarded because im lucky to live upper middle class and people think i cant have issues for that reason. Psychedelics fascinate me a lot and all of my experiences have been good and have made me feel more connected to both the world and myself. I know that you definitely have more drug experience than me so your advice is greatly appreciated, but yeah, i dont just do drugs because i think theyre cool or something. Im planning on slowing down weed now too bc it doesnt feel good anymore its just a feeling id rather have then being sober.

Thats a bit arrogant to tell someone you know way more about something than they do when thats not really true, you dont really know anything about their intentions or if they are in any way going to deal with addiction as the majority of people who experiment never end up addicts. To tell them to get a therapist because they are experimenting with Weed and Mushrooms at an age where most people do is also a bit insulting and preachy. Im not trying to start shit but thats just not how you go about things if you want anyone to listen, in fact that type of response will make most people just tune you out. Im not trying to start shit at all Im just pointing it out, OP has just had their first mushroom trip a couple days ago and had a good time and are probably still riding that feeling and being excited and you tell them they are gonna be an addict because you were and that they need therapy, pretty shitty way to rain on someones parade who did nothing to you. If they were posting "how do I shoot pills" or "how do I cook crack the right way" I could understand a little bit better but they werent.
I agree with both of you actually, you are right but she just doesnt want to see another addict being made. Her reply is understandable. So is yours. My current obsession with psychedelics could be short lived

DO NOT hide stuff underground!

This is how Heroin has become contaminated with the Botulism toxin and the bacteria that produce it.
The bacteria get inside the stash through a tiny hole and then contaminate it.
Dealers/traffickers have hidden stuff underground and this has happened.
This doesn’t just apply to Heroin!
You do not want to be using any drug that’s contaminated with that shit as it’s extremely dangerous!
Yes you think you’ve wrapped your stuff air tight but I imagine all those people who ended up with contaminated stuff thought the same too.

Wipe your internet history if you’re doing your research online and get into a habit of doing that, do you don’t forget.

Another idea is to buy some kind of stash can, stash brush or bottle etc, one that looks and feels like the genuine article and put it around real one’s of your’s, so they’ll not be suspicious and it’s not out of place. 👍
Lol, i wasnt planning on it anyways. Its an option if i was really scared about something but everything i have at the moment is legal in my state just not at my age. My parents wont check my browsing history, but you can see global browsing history for all traffic with the internet admin panel thats usually accessed by typing your IP in the searchbar.

Currently i have a few carts and some edibles and a ziplock bag of shrooms in an old computer bag hanging in my closet, it keeps the smell out but if my parents really tried to find my stash they prob would

Yeah @cybrina don't listen to these grown men trying to advise a MINOR.

Because teenagers have an over-active impulse to seek pleasure and less ability to consider the consequences, they are especially vulnerable when it comes to nicotine, alcohol or drugs. And because the internal reward systems are still being developed, a teen’s ability to bounce back to normal after using substances is compromised due to how substances affect the brain, making teens more vulnerable than adults to developing addiction.

this is very relatable, it is not so fun as concept
however, I am glad I did weed and psychedelics when I was young

Yeah @cybrina don't listen to these grown men trying to advise a MINOR. You seem reaaaaaaal full of yourself

Because teenagers have an over-active impulse to seek pleasure and less ability to consider the consequences, they are especially vulnerable when it comes to nicotine, alcohol or drugs. And because the internal reward systems are still being developed, a teen’s ability to bounce back to normal after using substances is compromised due to how substances affect the brain, making teens more vulnerable than adults to developing addiction.
Yeah shes doomed to be a heroin and crack addict on the street because she tried mushrooms and smokes pot, get over yourself. I can tell by your profile pic that you are in love with yourself and think you are hot shit hate to break it to you but not all men are predators like you insinuate with your tone.

Stuff your soft animal with drugs (even grown men use the), use thick flossing thread to close it by knot you can open later and maintain it way too long so you can make space for maneuvering while not losing the holes for the thread. You can also stuff it with active carbon that absorbs smells.

I am only interested in specific drugs, there are many things id never get near. There is always the possibilty of an impulsive decision to do something put in front of me but im not planning on doing any drugs that have very obvious cases of ruining peoples lives.

Specifically i am interested in psychedelics, but im going to stay away from things like ketamine. The worst thing id do is dmt or molly, whichever youd consider worse.

I dont live my life to be sneaky and just do a bunch of drugs, i want to be sneaky so that i can keep myself out of trouble. Your about page kind of describes why i started smoking weed. I have early childhood trauma that often gets disregarded because im lucky to live upper middle class and people think i cant have issues for that reason. Psychedelics fascinate me a lot and all of my experiences have been good and have made me feel more connected to both the world and myself. I know that you definitely have more drug experience than me so your advice is greatly appreciated, but yeah, i dont just do drugs because i think theyre cool or something. Im planning on slowing down weed now too bc it doesnt feel good anymore its just a feeling id rather have then being sober.

Nothing wrong with being curious but I'd definitely avoid using anything until you're a bit older. Welcome to bluelight btw

I am glad I did weed and psychedelics when I was young

Not to say that your experience is invalid, but personally, I feel like I got nothing out of doing drugs when I was young. At least, nothing good.

Yeah going from drinking, mushrooms, ecstasy, cocaine, marijuana and cigarettes for 21 years to my prescribed medications IS recovery for me.

Going from forging my grandmother's checks, stealing cash and medications from family, friends and strangers, pawning everything I own, suffering O.Ds, hospitalizations, ruining relationships and opportunities to holding down the same job for over a decade, being present for my daughter and my husband, making progress in therapy IS recovery for ME.

I told her to stick to weed and go wild once she is out of her parents house, all the while educating herself in harm reduction. Nothing wrong with that. Dear God, I hope you're not a parent.

Peace. Keep creepin on me.

His posts were to be safe from his parents finding out his new endeavor
this is really good point, even if they, hypothetically, which I am very doubtful of, were better off sober
worst alternative is their parents freaked out, sending them to adult facilities and/or mention in register and/or other invalid treatment that was supposed to be less shit than weed and shrooms, but probably is not
psychotherapy is great tho

How did i start this fight lmao im just tryna hide my weed
you were just unlucky basically threshold for moralizing is pretty high here, it was not long ago when some tweaker asked how to produce most chilling noises for neighbors nuisance who was claimed to be disturbing their life and everyone had this great brainstorm

As a young man myself being 19 years old, mushrooms and LSD have done nothing but help me with depression, learn more about myself, find new coping mechanisms to deal with truamas, give me a euphoria and improve my quality of life while also making me more productive, makes me a nicer person who can express empathy better and care less about what others think therefore making me more confident. acid and mushrooms have worked like magic in a positive way for my mental health, I have had some issues with long term cannabis use and other drugs effecting my mental health negatively but that doesn’t mean that’s gonna be the case for @cybrina for lots of people cannabis improves quality of life, @ColoradoOpiateGirl just because you had a bad experience with drugs while younger overdosing and ending up in the ER doesn’t mean that every young person who uses drugs will fall down the same path as you so please stop acting like you know everything you don’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.