• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How serious can cognitive decline get from drug abuse?

ketagoblin

Bluelighter
I guess I have some sort of hyperfixation on the matter, as I have spent some psychedelic trips being completely erratic, deluding myself into how I gave myself permanent brain damage over the past year, and spending hours seeking confirmation that it's not true (through reading recent intellectual conversations, or the like), sort of in an OCD sense

I used many chems throughout the past 1.5 years, stimulants and psychedelics in particular (the latter is deemed generally physically unharmful however when abused that might not apply), and I am getting increasingly more paranoid whether I downgraded some cognitive abilities.

I would say, on average I consumed 1.5g 3MMC along with other compounds (including alcohol) every 7-14 days. Each of these sessions would end with the typical stim burn-out feeling, where you can physically feel your brain being hotter temperature, re-doses just won't do a thing and you just generally feel double-digit IQ

I was (am) also a constant user of benzos, 2-4 times a week

Now I have constant brain fog and brutal short-term memory issues, 17 days clean currently.

I am fine with waiting, but anxiety and paranoia regarding the matter sometimes gets the worst out of me

Don’t you believe that regular benzo use at a threshold unique to a particular person may not improve but impair short-term cognitive function?

With numerous substances mixed in, it’s difficult to come to the conclusion that everything taken contributed to short term cognitive decline without isolating those factors.

If I was coming down from stims I could see my mind not working anything close to capacity too.

And if you don’t regularly challenge the mind, it atrophies-it’s a muscle.

well stims and benzos are definitely the two drug classes to thwart your brain in the long run. you will heal, but those two are neurological demons if abused over time.

This is something i often think about having spent alot of my life fucked up on stimulants, benzos and other drugs.

I think it's definitely a thing. I sometimes wonder if it's the cause of the peripheral neuropathy I experience now. It most likely is.

Well, memory, learning, heart and stuff like that often harm the most. It wont turn you into a 70iq goblin but damage will be done.