• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How screwed am I?

Kyrothedyno

Greenlighter
Over the past 5-6 days i have consumed about 40 mg of etizolam. I have 4 mg left. Im wondering if I will be in danger from dosing this high for a couple days or will the the withdraw consist of sleepless nights and horrible anxiety. Im worried about a seizure. I have never been addicted to benzos before and have used them very rarely. A couple times over the past couple years, however this time was out of control.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I have no access to other benzos or alcohol. Is a seizure a possibility or am I getting myself worked up over this?

I understand what i did was stupid and Im going to keep my distance from these substances unless absolutely necessary.

Thank you for reading.

Hey, I think it takes a couple of months to years to have deadly withdrawals from Benzo's but if i had to guess i would say you are fine just going to be a hard week ahead of you. but again that is just my guess i have no further knowledge on it. i have a prescription for a benzo for sleep but i don't use it on the daily so i never experience withdrawal from it but other drugs i definitely have and they fill like I'm dying. GOOD LUCK!

thank you for the quick reply. means a lot, seriously just took a lot off my nerves, you stay safe and healthy brother and i mean that....hope its just a lack of sleep and mild paranoia that gets me. anyone else with experience please chime in.

Use the 4mg at 1mg per day.

This will be your best option.

Cold turkey at your dose shouldn't lead to any devastating withdrawal symptoms though. Expect some rebound anxiety.

highly doubt a 5 to 6 day run of a benzo would be enough to cause a seizure if thats what your'e worried about
if anything you might feel some rebound anxiety but thats about it
just space out what you have left and cold turkey
people through detox get more benzos than that and are fine not taking any afterwards

It takes about 2 weeks of daily use to become physically addicted. You will be fine, no physical withdrawal.

Thank you guys/gals. I've taken 1 mg tonight and will space out .5 for the remaining. Glad to hear I'm not going to have a seizure. Thanks for the help everyone. Really appreciate the calming of my nerves.

Love you guys