• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How Safe Are Research Chemicals?

You can't pile them together... some of them would be terribly out of order if they were toxic, like the lysergamides, but the more extravagantly structured and less potent compounds may be more tricky. And clearly if you check the NBOMe's the very potent ones can be intrinsically dangerous, but it is not understood how.

Consider each one separately, ideally.. 1P-LSD is considered to just metabolize to LSD and is arguably one of the safest since few RC compounds are as close to a known physically harmless psychedelic. 4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO-MET would also be examples of technical RCs that are quite unlikely to be significantly different from their pretty safe parent compounds.. In the end we just don't know for certain though..

It is pointless to consider all research chemicals the same because of that status, some are very reasonable ^ but others may be a big question mark, depending on a lot of factors.

Don't ask which to try, we should not be in the habit to suggest drugs to others. It's a little more work but make sure to check what interests you, and ask about concerns about each one...

BcUz its coming from China (right?) or India, you could end up with some toxic ass shit :)

You can't pile them together... some of them would be terribly out of order if they were toxic, like the lysergamides, but the more extravagantly structured and less potent compounds may be more tricky. And clearly if you check the NBOMe's the very potent ones can be intrinsically dangerous, but it is not understood how.

Consider each one separately, ideally.. 1P-LSD is considered to just metabolize to LSD and is arguably one of the safest since few RC compounds are as close to a known physically harmless psychedelic. 4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO-MET would also be examples of technical RCs that are quite unlikely to be significantly different from their pretty safe parent compounds.. In the end we just don't know for certain though..

It is pointless to consider all research chemicals the same because of that status, some are very reasonable ^ but others may be a big question mark, depending on a lot of factors.

Don't ask which to try, we should not be in the habit to suggest drugs to others. It's a little more work but make sure to check what interests you, and ask about concerns about each one...

I agree!!

Ya especially the chines they just send you whatever thy have the most of ;)

And illicit drugs come with legal issues, however that doesn't really have anything directly to do with the substances. If you submit your research chemical to a testing company you can get it verified. There are plenty of potential problems to avoid when taking drugs, fortunately that is what this harm reduction forum is about. It can get complicated though, so maybe it's more convenient to judge research chemicals on their own merits to begin with, to avoid making it overly complicated or convoluted.
(But yes I've gotten very incorrect orders from China :) - it was semi expected so the samples were brought to the lab for testing, was a hassle but in the end after complaining etc they more or less fixed/compensated the issue - and the upside is that it can be quite cheap. Resellers may be more close to you and they will often charge more, but there are ways to check their reputation and reviews of stock.)

If they mix up 2C-B-FLY and BromoDragonFLY you can be royally screwed and even die if you don't get your sample tested, on the other hand research chemicals can also be excellent allies and a way around issues like having to deal with actual dealers / high prices for illegal stuff etc. It may take experience and/or a lot of online homework to figure out what sketchy RC's to avoid in the first place, but I'd say as long as you stick to the highly regarded ones you won't eliminate the risks but you can minimize them.
Research chemicals on the whole, especially the pioneering front where people offer themselves as guinea pigs, and the terrible ideas people have to keep sidestepping the law but yielding terrible drugs in the process (some of the stims / empathogens are just bad versions of bad versions of good drugs), can all be tricky dangerous and sketchy, but I like cherry-picking the good ones, avoiding serious dangers and enjoying them.
I also lost confidence in the proliferating synthetic cannabinoids... new ones are developed so fast and in such huge numbers that it is just a toxicological crapshoot, no thank you.

Last edited:
I also lost confidence in the proliferating synthetic cannabinoids... new ones are developed so fast and in such huge numbers that it is just a toxicological crapshoot, no thank you.

I thought thy stooped producing so many synthetic cannabinoids due to the fact that it's better business