• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How safe are grey market drugs really?

S-Dog

Bluelighter
Drugs like Spice, Salvia, Kratom, CBD and others are what I would consider grey market drugs. They're not so much "legal" as they are just not "illegal".

When it comes to spice and other cannabinoid research chems there's really no regulation on them at all. when you buy one you really have no way of knowing what you're getting. even two packs from the same company could be two completely different things and most of them are far more dangerous than marijuana, the drug they claim to replace.

I don't know much about how salvia, kratom and CBD are handled and manufactured but I'd be willing to bet they're in a similar place with little to no oversight or regulation.

I don't trust spice or any of it's counterparts at all and stay away from them entirely but I use CBD (Wild Hemp Hemp-ettes) and have been interested in trying salvia and kratom.

I just wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts on these grey market type drugs and how trustworthy you think they really are?

I think "spice" is a bit different than the other substances you mentioned. From what I remember watching, they spray a synthetic drug on non-active plant material and that drug could be a number of things. The other substances are from a plant. That's not to say that you couldn't run the risk of getting something that wasn't processed right or had contaminants, so I guess do some research and find a reputable source?

I think "spice" is a bit different than the other substances you mentioned. From what I remember watching, they spray a synthetic drug on non-active plant material and that drug could be a number of things. The other substances are from a plant. That's not to say that you couldn't run the risk of getting something that wasn't processed right or had contaminants, so I guess do some research and find a reputable source?

Yes, Spice is it's own special brand of nope but the other's still have the problem of little to no regulation. you never know what kind of quality or potency you're going to get not to mention all the misinformation and false advertising being spread about all of it. People think CBD is the cure for everything and think Kratom is just some harmless plant when it's actually quite addictive.

Kratom and CBD are perfectly fine (from my experience). Never had a problem with either of them. I use kratom for pain and CBD for my epilepsy. As for the others, I'm not sure. I work for Fire/Rescue and I can tell you i've been to several people who smoked spice and were extremely combative and 'out of it'. Id personally stay far away from that.

Last edited: