• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How quickly do you develope tolerance/addiction to benzos?

glab

Bluelighter
Do you develope/addiction tolerance only if you take benzos daily over a certain period?

Or do you also develope tolerance/addiction if you take breaks in between for example 5 days on 1 day off or 1 day on 1 day off or 3-4 times a week?

Or does it also matter how much you take on ON days? For example if 3 times xanax/day worse than 1 time xanax/day?

I'd be interested in some general guidelines/user experiences.

Tolerance and addiction can happen in a matter of days.. Sure taking breaks will delay this, but only temporarily..

I have used large amounts (no idea how much, as I had an endless supply, is just pop them like candy lol) of benzos daily for a certain period then stopped just like that. Wds sucked ass but I was aight in the end. What doesn't kill u only makes u stronger.

Try not to dose more than 3x a week, if even that. Take it from a guy whose still trying to get off benzos: Once you have addiction or dependence, getting off them is a literal nightmare.

In all actuality, you'd have to dose almost every day for a few weeks to a month to get some type of withdrawal, at least would be my best guess. Just don't fuck around with them too much man.

They've made my anxiety 100x worse in the end, and have caused me nothing but trouble. Also, if you do take them, dose small. Think .5mg Xanax or Klonopin, or 10mg Valium.

Just don't do them too often man, I would hate for you to go through the same shit as I have.

I have used large amounts (no idea how much, as I had an endless supply, is just pop them like candy lol) of benzos daily for a certain period then stopped just like that. Wds sucked ass but I was aight in the end. What doesn't kill u only makes u stronger.

Got to be careful though because benzo withdrawal can actually kill you

Can't you withdraw by lowering the doses? Or does this not work? For example if you're used to 4mg xanax per day then cant you slowly go down to 3,2,1 and then 0,5 mg? Or do you not feel anything if the dose is too small so that you still get the withdrawal issues? --- Btw, I have been taking zolpidem every night for many weeks in a row now. Is this a problem? I really like it (as long as it works) and dont want to go without it anymore. But now I notice that it doesn't seem to work anymore. I take it and wake up after 2 hours. The problem is that falling asleep without it sucks cause it takes so long. But I have no real withdrawal symptoms. I just wonder how long of a break I need to take to make it start working again.

Can't you withdraw by lowering the doses? Or does this not work? For example if you're used to 4mg xanax per day then cant you slowly go down to 3,2,1 and then 0,5 mg? Or do you not feel anything if the dose is too small so that you still get the withdrawal issues? --- Btw, I have been taking zolpidem every night for many weeks in a row now. Is this a problem? I really like it (as long as it works) and dont want to go without it anymore. But now I notice that it doesn't seem to work anymore. I take it and wake up after 2 hours. The problem is that falling asleep without it sucks cause it takes so long. But I have no real withdrawal symptoms. I just wonder how long of a break I need to take to make it start working again.
When it stops working, it's time to take a break. For example I have been using substances to sleep every night, now it stopped working so I'm better off not taking it if I'm gonna have to go through insomnia. Of course, some people ignore this and just take more, which solves the problem. But since tomorrow it's Sunday and I have nothing important to attend to, the cons of taking more , outweighs the pros.

Wds sucked ass but I was aight in the end. What doesn't kill u only makes u stronger.
But that's thing, wd from a large benzo habit can kill you.

Can't you withdraw by lowering the doses? Or does this not work? For example if you're used to 4mg xanax per day then cant you slowly go down to 3,2,1 and then 0,5 mg? Or do you not feel anything if the dose is too small so that you still get the withdrawal issues?
This is called 'tapering'. While it doesn't make it so you avoid wd completely, it does greatly reduce the intensity of wd symptoms.

Its so individual that its difficult to say. General guidelines would be that the bigger the dose and the more often you take it, tolerance develops quicker. In theory more potent bensos with higher affinity or longer duration should also speed up this process. More than 1-2 times a week can certainly build some tolerance.

Bad idea, benzo withdrawal can kill you

OP,don't go down this road, it'll only make everything worse.
Do you suffer from anxiety ?

So you want to take Zolpidem for the rest of your live ? That's a really really bad idea.
If it doesn't work anymore stop taking it.

There's a huge variability between people. But current medical guidelines say that anything more than a few weeks is too much (and this is with medical doses, recreational doses probably cause addiction faster). Now there are some rare genetic outliers on both sides of the spectrum (aka people that get much addicted faster and people that get addicted much slower (or even not at all)). And the further you go from normal the less people are there (so some rare unlucky individuals can get addicted even after a few doses and some rare lucky individuals don't get addicted even with serious abuse). Unfortunately there is no way to know where you lie without trying.

Also if you were ever addicted to benzos or other gabaergics getting addicted again is much easier.

It only took me a couple of days to become convinced that it was the answer to all my problems. 3 Years later still struggling with post acute withdrawal (about 30 days clean)