• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

how potent of an opiate is tianeptine, really??

allone

Bluelighter
It seems there is HUGE underestimate of the power of this stuff as a super potent opiate. this is coming after few months of use on and off, then going through a car crash, and being stuck in the hospital without being able to use it, instead stuck with 6 time doses of morphine a day without any effect at all!!
Yes, i already have prior tolerance to suboxone, which is a bitch, but i havent been using suboxone for at least 2 weeks prior to the accident, with only high dose tianeptine daily, 2 times a day or once a night as needed. Then ending up with both morphine AND tramadol combo not enough to even compare to tianeptine!
i was going through an actual opiate withdrawal while on 250mg tramadol in fact. I had to switch back to suboxone, as that was my main drug of use before all shit happened, and guess what? AGAIN, no fucking effect at really high dose, 12mg or more a day. WTF is going on, and whats the deal with tianeptine?? Is this the most potent underrated opiate to date, or what?? Tell you what, it probably is, and it is the most underdiscussed underrrated opiate in the existence that is still in fact LEGAL!!
My god this stuff is so dangerious. It needs to be off the market, QUICK. please help me ban it!

BTW I just ordered more! I couldnt take this shit anymore, sorry for this. I know I want to ban it, but I cant help but have more meanwhile..... :S:SS:S

n humans, a single dose of tianeptine (12.5 mg) results in~1μM maximal concentration of the drug in the plasma, [...] Therefore, the in vivo concentration range appears sufficient for the activation of MOR (EC50~ 0.2–1-μM), whereas activation of DOR (EC50 ~12–34 μM) may only become relevant with higher dosing.
[ref]

Tianeptine is a full agonist at both the mu and delta opioid receptors, so, it's just as abusable as morphine or fentanyl.

[ref]

Tianeptine is a full agonist at both the mu and delta opioid receptors, so, it's just as abusable as morphine or fentanyl.

yeah but that is at a high dose right? i read something above 100mg is when it does that. otherwise it works differently

btw im finding this absolutely AMAZING that such powerful stuff is still LEGAL. dear lord! am i glad most of americans are ignorant idiots, but thats what can save them sometimes, rarely, but sometimes. keep spending your money on laced fentanyl heroin idiots when shit is LEGAL out there good luck!

Last edited:
It’s a TCA right? Although it is a full agonist at MOR. There’s something about glutamate also it’s known for.

What on earth are you getting out of tianeptine?

It’s a TCA right? Although it is a full agonist at MOR. There’s something about glutamate also it’s known for.

What on earth are you getting out of tianeptine?

what am i getting out of tianeptine?? have you read about the massive addiction to this thing at all? yes, it works as opiate to me of course, but also its the most powerful dopamine booster i have had. of course thats just me, most people havent reported dopamine effect but everyone is different. it feels like short duration adderall for me. and yes, i can feel the glutamate effect as well because i drink alcohol and its easy to notice its effect as alcohol disrupts that pathway. BUT again everyone is different so different effects for different people, but personally except the super strong opiate activity, i get that superb dopamine rush too! which btw is very detrimental to me long term as i have developed psychosis and minor schizophrenia thanks to abusing this shit :/

I absolutely hated tianeptine in every way.

When I first tried it I was using therapeutic doses around 10-15mg. It did nothing for me except make me irritable.

Then I tried excessive doses around 150-200mg (oral), and I hated it even more.

Sure, it produced some vague opioid like high but I also started having visions (CEVs) of someone violently strangling me. Fuck that shit.

After many trials I never experienced any major opioid effects from it that would make the side effects worth it. No matter the dose I always became very irritable and even agitated.

Threw it away. Just my 2 cents.

"I always became very irritable and even agitated" yeah i get that too as after effect. thats because as i said, its potent dopamine/norpeinphrine booster so it puts you on edge after the opiate effect wears off. i assume you dont like adderall or other such drug stimulants either?
btw there is a huge huge difference in quality out there so you need a good supplier too for one. also let me tell you how you take off the edge, with alcohol or benzos! then you see this shit feels pretty damn good, especially on alcohol! i believe NOBODY in the world can resist tianeptine after they have taken it with lots of alcohol. its the ultimate high. ive taken it after chugging 350ml of vodka once and i was laying on the street, on my back laughing like a maniac making snow angel movements on the actual pavement! I kept saying I am jesus, and people were passing by laughing but i was feeling so damn high and good, i was laughing too!!! :p

its potent dopamine/norpeinphrine booster so it puts you on edge after the opiate effect wears off. i assume you dont like adderall or other such drug stimulants either?
Yes and no...

I love coke, meth/amphetamines, phenethylamines.... but I also HATE caffeine

I love stimulants that work on d2 dopamine, but generally hate all their other effects

also, I am an alcoholic so when I was doing tianeptine you can bet your ass I was also drunk

everybody is different bro, I don't think it's weird you like it, I just hate it myself

It falls into a category of drugs I find mildly interesting but have no desire to use again.

As a former heroin addict I try to stay away from opioids. Other than a few major relapses over the years (in which I overdosed several times) I only do kratom now.

to each his own, though, I respect that. One of my major beefs with tianpetine is people don't really know how it works pharmacologically (prove me wrong?) This is a major reason I don't trust in things like anti-depressants in general, which tianpetine is marketed for

interesting what you say there. you actually like kratom but dislike tianeptine? ive been doing both for a long time on and off over the years and kratom feels so much like tianeptine for me, so im like confused how can you like kratom but not tianeptine. i suppose you get a specific strain of kratom i havent used and you havent had the best type of tianeptine maybe? i dunno, but this is interesting.... because kratom feels like tianeptine to me EXCEPT its much milder and doesnt get me as high. plus if you are an alcohol you gotta be careful with kratom as i was drinking taking kratom for like 1 month i believe and i almost had liver failure. kratom IS NOT TO BE MIXED WITH ALCOHOL. serious warning here. major reason i quit it, besides the fact tianeptine works the same way for me and its better.

interesting what you say there. you actually like kratom but dislike tianeptine? ive been doing both for a long time on and off over the years and kratom feels so much like tianeptine for me, so im like confused how can you like kratom but not tianeptine. i suppose you get a specific strain of kratom i havent used and you havent had the best type of tianeptine maybe? i dunno, but this is interesting.... because kratom feels like tianeptine to me EXCEPT its much milder and doesnt get me as high. plus if you are an alcohol you gotta be careful with kratom as i was drinking taking kratom for like 1 month i believe and i almost had liver failure. kratom IS NOT TO BE MIXED WITH ALCOHOL. serious warning here. major reason i quit it, besides the fact tianeptine works the same way for me and its better.

Lol yep, everybody is different my friend.

To me tianeptine was nothing like kratom.

And yes, you are right about kratom + alcohol. I was diagnosed with acute liver failure a few months ago, likely due to kratom + alcohol combo for 6+ years. That's a story for another time, though.

The #1 thing about tianeptine I didn't like is how irritable it made me. I could not enjoy myself no matter how good I felt. I remember it did get me somewhat high yet I was so irritable I couldn't enjoy myself doing anyting, and then laying down and closing my eyes resulted in nightmarish CEVs which were just over the top not fun for me.

Everyone is different in chemistry and opinion.

I feel like if tianeptine was that good (for most people) it would be super popular and end up illegal, which is likely never to happen.

You are probably a subset of the population that gets a majority of beneficial effects compared to negatives.

There are very few drugs which I say "never again" to, but tianeptine made that list for me.

yeah but that is at a high dose right? i read something above 100mg is when it does that. otherwise it works differently
As far as I can tell, tianpetine only has activity as a mu-opioid ligand, regardless of dose. It may have some downstream effects on glutamate but I can't find any data on it binding to e.g. NMDAr,

The #1 thing about tianeptine I didn't like is how irritable it made me.
This is a known effect that some people experience on opioids.

I feel like if tianeptine was that good (for most people) it would be super popular and end up illegal, which is likely never to happen.
It's controlled in some jursidictions, and part of why it's not widely used is because the abuse potential was noted many years ago...

what am i getting out of tianeptine?? have you read about the massive addiction to this thing at all? yes, it works as opiate to me of course, but also its the most powerful dopamine booster i have had. of course thats just me, most people havent reported dopamine effect but everyone is different. it feels like short duration adderall for me. and yes, i can feel the glutamate effect as well because i drink alcohol and its easy to notice its effect as alcohol disrupts that pathway. BUT again everyone is different so different effects for different people, but personally except the super strong opiate activity, i get that superb dopamine rush too! which btw is very detrimental to me long term as i have developed psychosis and minor schizophrenia thanks to abusing this shit :/
It’s not legal where I’m from and definitely not abused. In fact this is the first I’m reading about it and it’s pretty shocking.

well im going to find out more about to report as im getting my stock soon this week. this is strictly for RESEARCH PURPOSES as the jar always states! SO, yes, ill analyze it a bit deeper as RESEARCH COMPOUND NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION and report back.

No one seems to have measured the intrinsic activity % of tianeptine, it could be even more than that of morphine (a low activity percentage means that a drug is a partial agonist like buprenorphine). I've experienced that irritability on tramadol but not other opiates.

@allone, did you try the mulungu coral tree drink that you talked about earlier? I'm curious about how it affects others.

i completely forgot about mulungu, i apologize. i havent at all, but since my friend is dying of liver failure right now and i have history of liver disease, im starting to avoid a lot of foods, herbs and plants in general which might affect the liver. of course alcohol and drugs are number 1 and 2, but the last time i had chemically induced hepatitis, it was because of kratom, a herb! so yeah, ill stay away for a while actually. not even sure if milk thistle isnt too damaging as i read oposite of helping the liver it also contains tons of liver toxins in the final product which is such a worry.

It’s not legal where I’m from and definitely not abused. In fact this is the first I’m reading about it and it’s pretty shocking.

Tianeptine is extremely euphoric in high doses, and a full mu opioid agonist. My friend who has since passed (from a fentanyl OD :|) got addicted to tianpetine, like 300-400mg at a time, every few hours, for ~2 months, and said the withdrawal was substantially worse than heroin withdrawal. I guess because it also has some serotonin reuptake inhibitor withdrawals?

In low doses (usually 12.5mg 3 times a day), it is a pretty good antidepressant that avoids the opiate effect.

Tianeptine is extremely euphoric, and a full mu opioid agonist. My friend who has since passed (from a fentanyl OD :|) got addicted to tianpetine, like 300-400mg at a time, every few hours, for ~2 months, and said the withdrawal was substantially worse than heroin withdrawal. I guess because it also has some serotonin reuptake inhibitor withdrawals?
Yeah it’s a really nasty drug. I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole. Studies on its long lasting effects are shocking too. I read recently it was available in shops over there? Like over the counter? Is that correct?

Thanks. What long-term effects do you mean? I hadn't heard about any of those. I haven't used it much, but I'm curious.