• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How paranoid do you get on shrooms on average?

LSD-Magic

Bluelighter
I ask because pot makes paranoid to at least some level every time I smoke.

Very rare for me to get paranoid on proper hallucinogens, but like you I get anxiety / paranoia from weed pretty much every time. Particularly sativa heavy cannabis like Skunk.

I do quite often find the come up from mushrooms quite a handful. When they come on I find the feeling of weirdness quite uncomfortable and have to take myself away from anyone else around and take 10 - 20 minutes on my own to adjust. Once I've had that adjustment period I always feel fine again, and consistently enjoy the rest of the trip more than any of the other hallucinogens (aside from DMT, but that's a whole different kettle of fish).

Shrooms by themselves don't really make me paranoid unless I end up in a social situation I wasn't expecting. Last time I took some I went swimming in my grandmother's pool and got hit with a strong trip I wasn't expecting. I only took a couple of grams but they turned out to be really strong, that combined with a low tolerance cause it to hit me like a brick. I was okay until I walked back home and ended up in a conversation with my Dad, brother, a friend, and a grandparent. It was awkward and I was peaking at the time. Once I got away from them and back to my house things settled down and I was okay.

Cannabis will bring anxiety out like nothing else for me now. The heady stuff that's going around really doesn't mesh well with me, I prefer the couch lock/laid back stuff but it has become harder and harder to find. I'm probably going to have to start growing my own again if I want to keep smoking. I tend to avoid cannabis on the peak of most substances now unless I am alone and I only take a few puffs off the pipe when I do that. When I was younger it didn't bother me as much, but as I got older and had to deal with more problems in my life it started wearing on me.

I mostly get the opposite of paranoid, but there have been times when I got paranoid for sure. It's a bit unpredictable, and like anything PD, is all about mindset, setting etc. But for the most part, if my dose is careful and on the lower to middle end of the range, mushrooms tend to put me in a state that confident and open to the world.

Weed alone or combined with any PD, mushrooms included, is highly paranoia inducing for me.

Set and setting - I've experienced paranoia when on a decently high dose out in a really busy nightclub, but once I got myself out and away from the noise I was able to get my shit together and calm down. Just find somewhere calm and safe and keep reminding yourself you're under the influence of a psychedelic

I don't experience paranoia on psychedelics. Fear certainly, but not paranoia i don't think.

I would have to agree that mushrooms and other psychedelics do not make me paranoid on their own, despite getting that easily from cannabis when my tolerance is low. While there are some noteworthy overlaps in the trippy effects of psychedelics and cannabinoids overall, this doesn't seem to be one of them. However, as has been said you must be mindful of set and setting, as doing something that would already make you paranoid anyway can definitely have a greater impact while you're on psychedelics as compared to when you're not.

With mushrooms, anxiety always marks the beginning of the trip for me. As someone mentioned above, I am better off alone during this period, until the "love everything" feeling grows out of the anxiety. That is really what the tripper is seeking I believe. The anxiety and "weirdness" is simply an uncomfortable price you have to pay in the the beginning, as a means to an end.

Also, I almost always have to have marijuana to experience visuals with psilocybin. Using mushrooms for me is an altogether different thing for me without it.

Marijuana, alone, is a terrible experience for me now. Too much heavy smoking perhaps brought about some kind of allergy. I haven't smoked it in about 5-6 years and don't plan on ever doing so again, (unless it happens to be in the the form of an edible, which for me is an entirely different drug experience.)

With mushrooms, anxiety always marks the beginning of the trip for me. As someone mentioned above, I am better off alone during this period, until the "love everything" feeling grows out of the anxiety. That is really what the tripper is seeking I believe. The anxiety and "weirdness" is simply an uncomfortable price you have to pay in the the beginning, as a means to an end.

Also, I almost always have to have marijuana to experience visuals with psilocybin. Using mushrooms for me is an altogether different thing for me without it.

Marijuana, alone, is a terrible experience for me now. Too much heavy smoking perhaps brought about some kind of allergy. I haven't smoked it in about 5-6 years and don't plan on ever doing so again, (unless it happens to be in the the form of an edible, which for me is an entirely different drug experience.)
I know what you mean about ganja. When I smoked it as a youngster it was nothing but giggles. After a decade of chronic smoking, a switch flipped in my head and the anxiety and paranoia began. That switch cannot be reversed, even 12 years after I stopped smoking completely a few puffs results in anxiety. The only time I dare smoke it now is on MDMA, because it's impossible for me to feel bad on that stuff.

I know what you mean about ganja. When I smoked it as a youngster it was nothing but giggles. After a decade of chronic smoking, a switch flipped in my head and the anxiety and paranoia began. That switch cannot be reversed, even 12 years after I stopped smoking completely a few puffs results in anxiety. The only time I dare smoke it now is on MDMA, because it's impossible for me to feel bad on that stuff.

I pretty much experience the same thing. Weed started out fun but then it turned into hell.

I'm still a pretty heavy weed smoker but otherwise this describes me almost to a t. Always have an edgy come-up, then get to the love everything stage and I have a great time. I also always smoke weed with psychedelics because if I don't, the visuals are severely lacking (aside from high doses). I still love weed, mainly for insomnia now, but I stopped smoking it all day every day, because that's when I noticed the negative effects. For me it was more the general laziness and lack of motivation that was an issue, but it was an issue nonetheless.

Yep, same here. I finally quit trying to get the switch to flip back.
However; now that I think about it, if I STAY high for a day or two I get my "sea-legs" and can smoke all I want with no anxiety or paranoia, but I have to get high every day and if I skip a day or two I have to "climatise" all over again.

They're very different. Pot paranoia is a near given unfortunately, though it's usually manageable/mild. Psychedelic paranoia happens, but it is a different flavor of paranoid entirely. The 'paranoia' of psychedelics is really just fear rather than the paranoia of weed. It doesn't always happen either, it's dependent solely on set and setting IME.

IME very small bumps of good wax out of a vape pen can get ya where you want to be with weed :) I had my anxiety from it before, but you just gotta smoke through it!

Out of all psychedelics I've taken, I'm incredibly sensitive to mushrooms (or possibly to tryptamines in general). I can eat loads and loads of LSD or 2c-b and never even feel uncomfortable, whereas with mushrooms I always feel a bit like, on the edge. Less control, as in, even when it's going very good, I can see how it could go the wrong direction, sort of teetering on the edge.

That's part of the experience for me, mushrooms have kicked my ass harder than any other psychedelic by a mile. 3.5g of mushrooms was the hardest I've ever tripped in my life (I've also taken a 10 strip of quality LSD and 45+ mg of 2c-b in a single dose, and probably 75mg+ over the course of a night, doesn't compare). I find with other psychedelics if I don't want to go down an incredibly introspective and critical train of thought, I am free to simply choose not to, but with mushrooms they don't give me much of a choice.

I've been in some pretty dark and scary places on a mushroom trip, but by the end its the most beautiful experience, like a purge.

As a side note, the body load and stomach discomfort/nausea from mushrooms has often been the catalyst for the bad experiences I've had. Many a times where I could have walked off the bad vibe, I get in this sick to my stomach couch lock where my mind sort of gets the better of me.

Interesting that so many people find shrooms harder to handle than lsd / phens. That's why it's my second favourite hallucinogen, second only to the mighty DMT. I thought I was in the minority, apparently not..

I don't even get nervous while tripping.

Never had a bad trip.

Had like a moment that was shitty but it was just like cooling down as if I was sober and then I was rolling again, this was mdma of course.

Shrooms are seriously mellow in my book. I could do them in opiate wd or jail.

Out of all psychedelics I've taken, I'm incredibly sensitive to mushrooms (or possibly to tryptamines in general). I can eat loads and loads of LSD or 2c-b and never even feel uncomfortable, whereas with mushrooms I always feel a bit like, on the edge. Less control, as in, even when it's going very good, I can see how it could go the wrong direction, sort of teetering on the edge.

That's part of the experience for me, mushrooms have kicked my ass harder than any other psychedelic by a mile. 3.5g of mushrooms was the hardest I've ever tripped in my life (I've also taken a 10 strip of quality LSD and 45+ mg of 2c-b in a single dose, and probably 75mg+ over the course of a night, doesn't compare). I find with other psychedelics if I don't want to go down an incredibly introspective and critical train of thought, I am free to simply choose not to, but with mushrooms they don't give me much of a choice.

I've been in some pretty dark and scary places on a mushroom trip, but by the end its the most beautiful experience, like a purge.

As a side note, the body load and stomach discomfort/nausea from mushrooms has often been the catalyst for the bad experiences I've had. Many a times where I could have walked off the bad vibe, I get in this sick to my stomach couch lock where my mind sort of gets the better of me.

Noted. I was personally afriad of this but I will be trying shrooms asap. If they do this I won't be using them again. LSD doesn't create paranoia for me neither. However LSD is so expensive (At least around here). Thats why I plan on trying this.

I ask because pot makes paranoid to at least some level every time I smoke.

People will disagree, and that's fine, but never smoke when you're tripping. And by the way, mushrooms are high anxiety for a lot of people, so I advise you to avoid them until you have more experience with psychedelics.

There are some amazing new substances out there these days that are readily available and easy to get - 4-HO-MET (5mg is the place to start), and ALD-52 (go for 1/4 blotter, or 30 mics). There is a lot of information on Bluelight about these.

A general comment on dose. It is extremely important to note that some people have a MUCH lower tolerance to psychedelics than others. By much lower I mean everyone you're with is taking 2-3 tabs and having a great time, and you can only handle 1/4 tab. This is PERFECTLY NORMAL.

Rule #1: Never listen to ANYONE concerning dose, even those you know well. Only you can establish your own tolerance to these substances. You do this by trial and error. Start with a quarter tab, and if that goes well, next time try a half. You need to follow this procedure with every single batch of every single substance. Remember, 1/2 tab of one substance can be MUCH stronger than another, so even if you did well with 1/2 tab of one, you can easily find yourself in over your head if you take 1/2 tab of something else. Mind we're not even talking different drug here, it might even be a different batch from the same source, that just happens to be much more potent than the first. Always approach your tolerance gradually with every substance/batch.

flammarion-c1.jpg

Last edited: