View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How often to use DXM

cooldude1234

Greenlighter
So i had to start taking this antidepressant called wellbutrin about 2 weeks ago and yesterday i figured out dxm is ALOT more powerful on it. I took a total of 60 mg and it felt like i had taken 150-200... i havent done it in awhile but i defintely felt weird from the 30mg so i took another dose making it 60. I didnt even know that it was going to make me feel anythung so it was actually kinda scary because my whole family was home. I know that youre not supposed to trip off it often but does that still apply to me since im only taking 60mg? Can I do it again tonight? Those two things are what I want to know.
Thanks

Do not use DXM habitually.

treat it as the Hallucinogen that it is. 1-2times a month.

I cannot comment on the welbutrin but I know that works with dopamine more than serotonin and you definitely do not want to be mixing anti-depressants with DXM.

You could be toxifying your brain but I do not know. wait for someone else to reply. I 2cents bumped this for ya ha

look what i found for you
https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154113

please read it

I would say no more than once every three months, and you should wait a minimum of one month.

To reword my question better i guess i wanted to ask if taking 60mg that is potentiated by wellbutrin so it feels like 180, is as bad as taking 180mg with no wellbutrin.

Sadly, there is probably no one that can definitely answer your question. Neither 60 mg or 180 mg alone are large doses; bringing Welbutrin into the situation makes it difficult to assess though. Would another dose of the same amount the next night hurt you? I highly doubt it. It would probably even be potentiated further due to DXM's reverse tolerance. Just be careful, DXM can be a lot more mentally and psychologically harmful than many people realize. And assuming you have symptoms of depression, dissociative abuse will only make them worse in the long run.

don't fuck witcha serotonin levels if you're depressed. DXM fucks with sero and NE. Welbutrin fucks with dope and NE

plus being on Welburtin makes the liver convert less DXM-->DXO so you're basically left with a bunch of DXM in your body.

"The practical upshot is that the dissociative and intoxicating or "stoning" effects are stronger with DXO, whereas the stimulation, cognitive alterations, delusions, and psychotomimetic (literally, "psychosis-like") effects are stronger with DXM"- straight from the faq

I feel so stupid. I took 60mg about 2 hours before work because i figured it would be kinda fun and nobody would notice. Im 18 and work as a bagger boy at a grocery store so im just standing there for 2 hours then have a break, then back another 2. So when I got there evrything was cool and i felt fine, but right about 2 hours in i was standing there and I started getting these weird burst through my whole body and it felt really weird. It was rhe strongest in my head too. I got kinda scared by it and it happemed a few more times until it happened so many times it felt like i was going to pass out and i just kinda stared and everything kind got darker and i skightly started to fall but i snapped out of it. I dont know if i was going to pass out, have a seizure, or if it was normal and i just standing for 2 hours made it bad. Luckily noone noticed and i had my break right after so i had some time to sit. The rest of the night was fine though and i came to the conclusion that id get the feelings when id get just the least bit of stress, so i just tried to not let anything do that and i ended up fine. I feel extremely foolish for doing it though and i still feel kinda slow mentally today. Defintiely not ever doing that in public again, maybe never again period.

Yeah fuck DXM especially around people who aren't in on it, any dissociative for that matter. Stick to less shitty chemicals overall. Rob tripping sucks IMHO. Kratom is a great drug, legal, for doing at work or school or what have you. If you like DXM, do it alone.
Happy drugging

Wellbutrin and dxm is dangerous.

I did DXM every day for a couple years, did some brutal shit, was found incompetent to stand trial and spent close to two years in a forensic hospital.

So I would say daily use is best.

Kratom is heroin in a plant. Why not just get some real opiates?

because kratom isn't as addictive and it's safer than heroin and if you like stimulants it's stimulating in low doses and an opiate in higher doses. so you get the choice between upper and downer.

or at least that's what i hear about it :) ohh and as mentioned it's legal compared to other opiates. but by all means Kratom is a very very real opiate just like LSA is a very very real psychedelic.

Kratom is heroin in a plant. Why not just get some real opiates?

Wow...no it is not. You could argue that Poppy pods are morphine (+several other alkaloids) in a plant.

Comparing Kratom to Heroin is like what light beer is to Everclear.

@Topic: Don't do DXM if you take Wellbutrin.

Guys I got kind of worried about how when i was on the dxm i kept having flashes and everything got dark and i got an awful taste in my mouth so i was trying to figure out what it was. After looking around I decided that it must have been an aura. Id never heard of an aura but i just read that basically all of the things that happened to me were signs of an aura. And after reading about auras i pretty quickly started to get the flashes again but no darkness or taste in my mouth. Pretty bad luck. And each time i never really could hold still, i am constantly moving my head/neck and moving my body back and forth. Its scary and this is a few days after the dxm. Do you guys think im just getting these because im nervous? Can you have a seizure from being nervous?

you might be able to try breathing excersizes; it could have been due to stress or nervousness and calming down might help. it might be a mild case of HPPD but i doubt it. HPPD is really rare and usually it's in a mild form.