• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How often do you have to take DXM/Dissociatives to cause brain damage and onleys le?

greenlight2848

Ex-Bluelighter
How often do you have to take dissociative a such as Dex & Ketamine to cause brain damage and/or onley's lesions? I've read that chronic use and abuse can cause this but how much are we talking here? I have been taking DXM once a month and sometimes a week apart but mostly just once a month. I try to be responsible and I feel once a month isn't causing any problems. I take anywhere from 300-900 mg. Also how healthy is this for digestive health, I feel like I'm eating a big bowl of ink & plastic every month downing these unnatural, plastic tasting gel caps, i would look into extracting the stuff but wouldn't want to get powder and not know how much the dose is and not be able to tell and take too much. I believe it isn't that unhealthy and am not too worried about it. But I am trying to exercise and stay fit and all that. Thank you .

Last edited:
Olney's lesions have never been demonstrated in humans; they seem to be a rat-only phenomenon. Not sure on the neurological damage thing though - IMO, the best way to avoid significant damage is to just moderate your use, once every month or two probably isn't going to cause significant problems unless you're taking something really damaging. As far as the gel caps thing goes, they're often made of cellulose or some other plant matter and shouldn't cause too much damage. Unless you're taking DXM polystyrex, in which case you are eating plastic, significant amounts of which will be hard on your digestive tract.