• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How often do you get high?

I have smoked every day, all day since 1964. The only times I abstained were my 30 days of basic training for the USAF and 30 (or so) days when I went into rehab for H in 1977.
Great, we should smoke a calumet together. The first hit is yours, because I only smoke since 1967. And I also stopped only in times of withdrawal from opiates.
Bom Shankar, bom Shiva, bombole, bom bom ;)
Love sonoio

Anywhere from half a gram a day to an eighth+ a day, depending on various factors.

I like to spread out my seshes though. If I smoke the same amount 6 hours later than I was going to, I will get way higher and it's the quality of the high too/ That drastic shift in consciousness that comes on fast after a heavy bong rip. I can't feel that if I smoke like every 2 hours or first thing in the morning. Normally have 2 or 3 seshes a day, but heavy senses with many hits if I can afford them. That has not been the case lately, I smoke what I can afford to and sometimes I binge smoke, and other times conserve.

I am happy to sesh heavy after 4 to 6 horus. Anything more than that and no matter how much chron I smoke, I'm missing out on a lot of the good parts about weed. If I smoke like that though, I get high AF so long as I got some hybrid chron.

My smoking habits

I get high everyday. Lately I have at least smoked half a gram of bud or more (good shit so it gets me a little high) or I smoke just wax for the day. I recently bought a wax pen and hit it all the time. I have less than an ounce at home. Normally when I get home from work or class I smoke. If my pens were working I would have smoked this morning :/

I'm addicted to weed. I can go without other drugs for periods of time but not weed.

I'm addicted to weed. I can go without other drugs for periods of time but not weed.

I struggle to agree with calling it an addiction. There certainly are people addicted, but for the majority of people I don't really call it an addiction unless it's causing serious problems in real life like fucking up relationships, making you lose your job, etc.

I struggle to agree with calling it an addiction. There certainly are people addicted, but for the majority of people I don't really call it an addiction unless it's causing serious problems in real life like fucking up relationships, making you lose your job, etc.

Actually yeah, it's more of a habit. I usually only smoke at night but I chain smoke, 2.5-4.5 grams a night (roughly) depending on dankness. I enjoy it also.

I go through what I call "binge smoking" phases. I'll smoke an entire quarter to myself in 2-3 days, and then go 2 weeks without smoking at all. Probably correlates to the times I get my paycheck, lmao.

I think that's what people call functional addiction, or how would you define that term? Lots of people are addicted to drugs like nicotine or caffeine but function fine, but I don't think it could be called much other than addiction. You might call it psychological dependence I guess but then again there are addicts who aren't currently dependent who you'd still call addicts just because how they'd behave around their DOC is different from a 'healthy' individual. I don't think addiction is an easily definable term though. I do think I'd say I'm addicted to pot but I don't think that it's as bad as what I might be doing otherwise so I don't beat myself up for it

I use daily and have for over 8 years, I don't smoke it as much as I once did but I use it as an edible. I don't feel high very often unless I smoke but I think I'm technically high 100% of the time.

I think that's what people call functional addiction, or how would you define that term? Lots of people are addicted to drugs like nicotine or caffeine but function fine, but I don't think it could be called much other than addiction. You might call it psychological dependence I guess but then again there are addicts who aren't currently dependent who you'd still call addicts just because how they'd behave around their DOC is different from a 'healthy' individual. I don't think addiction is an easily definable term though. I do think I'd say I'm addicted to pot but I don't think that it's as bad as what I might be doing otherwise so I don't beat myself up for it

I don't know that I consider functional addiction an appropriate term for anything. IMO being addicted is when you get to the point where it seriously affects your life in some negative way. If you're functional idk what I'd call it, you kind of have a point, there are people who can't function without alcohol but seem to be fine when they're drunk. Although, I've personally never met a person who wasn't negatively affected by their addiction to whatever.

It's tough because there really is a lot of debate in psychology about what the definition of addiction is. I guess my understanding is based on something like incentive sensitization theory, which suggests that everything we do is a matter of incentive (and addiction is becoming gradually desensitized to the effect, while more sensitive to the trigger/desire). In that sense everything is a potential addiction, including stuff like food, relationships, gambling, drugs, etc. When you're not addicted there's a healthy balance between all these facets of life but addiction is where the balance gradually shifts so one aspect takes on a disproportionate amount of focus.

In that sense the only difference between an addict and a functional addict is that the functional addict maintains their attachments to other facets of life. I guess the further thought is that with decreased incentive towards those other things, it is likely the person will eventually slip into non-functional addiction.

After writing all that honestly I'm not sure if I'd still call myself an addict because pot doesn't seem to eclipse my other desires much at all.

Only after the dinner (it doesn't make me comfortable through the day). But then ... About 1.5g at night (4 joints).

Yes, I am addicted and I can definetly feel the difference when I go to sleep if I don't smoke. Then there are two choices: a heavy, intensive workout + hoth bath or take 25 mg seroquel. Both have the same effect. I do recomend a workout, though.

All the time because I am otherwise a basket case. Mellows me out... I'm a hysteric without it at this point. In the aftermath of 5 years of opiate addiction fuckin ruining my life and I may not care about life or death so much anymore and am impartial to doing anything with my life, at least there's still chron to smoke while I'm around in this incarnation. I sure love my dope. Bong tokes keep me going when I'm down. I try to keep it to .5 a day, but it ends up being more like an eighth. I'll smoke what I need to smoke not to wish I was dead. I am 14 weeks off that shit and I never would be able to make it this far without weed like not even close. So, even if I go back at least I have seen what I'm like without opiates. Pretty much like my good old depressed stoner self with the addition of a heavy xanax habit. I can't take it anymore. Then I rip a bong and I'm good so why not smoke as much as I can afford to.

Every day, in the week end ill be high most of the time , the week iam smoking in the morning before work, btw it is really hard to focus since i switched to vaporizer, and when iam coming back from work.