• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

how often can i take klonopin and not be addicted to it?

LillyGirl82

Greenlighter
I take klonopin for anxiety and it helps alot i only take it about 3-4 times a week on different days.
I feel really relaxed on it. but I think sometimes i need it more. is this really addicting? I know I really don't need it everyday but love the way I feel so relaxed on it. is taking it 2-3 times a week okay? my bottle says take 3 a day but i wont take it that often

If you really want to minimize the risk of addiction and dependence, I'd recommend less than 1/week. Try to shoot for 3x/month usage and you'll likely be safe. The more the use, the more likely you'll face addiction and dependence. Also remember that Klonopin is long acting and if dosed 3x/week, you likely aren't giving it enough time to fully clear between doses. Good luck.

I never go past the 3 day rule. I feel my body becomes dependant on substances if i use for more then 3 days in a row. Everyone's body is different. You will be fine taking 2- 3 times a week just dont make it everyday. Thats when addiction starts. Klonopin has a history of abuse so the answer is yes, its addicting. Be careful and take care.

welcome to bluelight.

two to three times a week for how long? three times a week at a therapeutic dose will not create physical addiction. but that's a really hard number to stay at for any prolonged period of time. klonopin and other benzodiazepines are very addicting. even if i takes years and lots of ups and downs, regular benzodiazepine use will find a way to become daily. at a few times a week you're almost there. some people will disagree, but i strongly caution you about their use for more than a few weeks and that many doctors will lead you into benzodiazepine addiction. use that few weeks to find a different medication and/or non-medication methods to cope.

and they absolutely help a lot in the acute sense, making them so insidious.