• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How much weed should I do in Amsterdam?

Mdmazing.

Greenlighter
I'm going to Amsterdam in a few days with a friend. He smokes regularly but I have only ever passed around a joint with friends on a few occasions and never really felt the effects (usually on something stronger anyway).

We are only there for 3 nights and I was just wondering how much I should smoke, obviously want to check out some stuff sober as well. Is it good for clubbing nights? I would usually take mandy when I'm partying because I tend to associate weed with quiet nights in.

Anybody done the whole 'dam thing? Any decent advice?

Cheers

I've been to Amsterdam 10 years ago and it was awesome.

How much should you do though??

I'd say smoke as much or as little as you want to...I mean...no offense but what kind of question is that lol?

Take it easy if you are new to weed because Amsterdam has some of the best weed in the world.

You are only going to need one or two hits of most of the weed you'll be exposed to to be ANNIHILATED.

That doesn't mean if you smoke more that you won't be fine, but you could get paranoid, so just try weed when you feel like it, and see how it effects you, and if you want to smoke more than go ahead, but if you don't, well...then don't.

You are going to have a great fucking time.

I'm jealous.

Enjoy yourself.

All the weed. Keep smoking/vaping/eating/plugging (pro tip: not that last one) until you're totally incompetent at functioning like a normal person. Go hard until you're crouched behind a garbage can waiting to jump the undercover American agents you KNOW are trailing you. While you're there, keep asking yourself "Who am I? Where am I? What am I doing?" and as long as you know the answers keep smoking until you don't.

This going to sound very stupid. You say you have done it only a few times but didn't feel anything. Are you sure you are properly inhaling? It's just that I ran into 2 or 3 people over the years that said the same and all of them where non-smokers. And each time I lit up with them for the first time I noticed they weren't actually inhaling the smoke. And they themselves were completely unaware of this. After I pointed this out and showed them how to do it they were in lala-land in no time :D

As for Amsterdam. If you've never properly experienced weed just smoke bit by bit until you are satisfied, perhaps taking it slow to start off. I've been there countless times, Amsterdam has weed that will blow even a habitual smokers' socks off. Go slow and find out how much you can take. Worst thing that could happen is nausea, if this happens drink something with lots of sugar in it. Weed can be fun when out clubbing but if you have 0 tolerance watch out when combining with alcohol, that could turn messy if you exaggerate. Have fun!

Last edited:
It's not a race and you have nothing to prove to anyone by how much you can smoke - take a hit, pass it around - repeat until your feeling good. If your not a smoker then buy some of the edibles - there about 6€ a brownie. Go careful with them (especially if your drinking) and remember that it can take well over an hour before you start to feel anything.

I was there last week and had a great time.

no more than you would normally smoke!!

take it easy, especially on the first day. Try taking one good hit and make sure to wait 10-20 minutes before re-dosing. Some effects are instant, but every hit takes about 15 minutes before the full onset. If you don't have a tolerance it is easy to go overboard as it usually builds fairly quick. The next day you could try 2 hits and wait 20 minutes and see where it takes you, but that might even be pushing it.

I know for myself every time I got too high when I started smoking it wasn't the best time. Don't compare your intake to your friends if they are daily users either lol

you should definitely do all the weed. If someone handed me a ticket to amsterdam right now, I'd be getting on that plane, going straight to a coffee shop, and not leaving until I've tried everything they have available.

<!>

but seriously, just smoke as much as you can normally handle.

Last edited:
Seriously dude ... Take one maybe two hits and wait until it hits you before you do anymore.

Your body has zero tolerance to weed and the hydro in Amsterdam is like a bat to the head.

When you smoke weed the first 10 times or so it rivals an acid trip.

Just enjoy the experience, try some of the famous strains they have, visit different coffee shops, the city ect... Smoke as you want, it can be expensive but since you have a low tolerance you won't have to buy a lot which is a plus. If you end up smoking too much just take it easy the next time, it's not like you will die or something ;) just be carefull with the edibles.