• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants How much Vyvanse should I take when substituting for dexamphetamine?

luceluna

Bluelighter
Hi everyone. I'm prescribed dexamphetamine but have built up quite a tolerance and have been 'topping up' my script with dex from other sources. I can't get any more dex today but I do have 15x 50mg Vyvanse tablets.

Is there a simple calculation that I can use to figure out how many 5mg dexamphetamine tablets = one 50mg Vyvanse capsule?

And is there anything I should keep in mind regarding instant release (dex) vs. extended release (Vyvanse)?

Thanks very much.

Pretty much answered already, but yeah specifically the 50mg Vyvanse is equivalent to 14.75mg dextroamphetamine.

Even if this thread is weeks old, maybe one of you guys can help. Searched the forum but found no other thread.

I want to know the correct dosage conversion of racemic Amphetamine to Dextroamohetamine.

Since Racemic is 50 : 50 Dex and Lev. Amph. I would assume the conversion is 100 mg racemic to 50 mg Dextro.

Correct? And if not what is the correct dosage conversion of racemic to dextro?

Even if this thread is weeks old, maybe one of you guys can help. Searched the forum but found no other thread.

I want to know the correct dosage conversion of racemic Amphetamine to Dextroamohetamine.

Since Racemic is 50 : 50 Dex and Lev. Amph. I would assume the conversion is 100 mg racemic to 50 mg Dextro.

Correct? And if not what is the correct dosage conversion of racemic to dextro?
Adderall is 75-d/25-l, so Adderall 10mg is roughly 8.9mgs Dex.

*The calculation for Adderall immediate release to Vyvanse is 11.8mgs Adderall = 30 Mgs of Vyvanse.

*The calculation for Dexedrine is 8.9mgs is = 30mg of Vyvanse. Therefore a 10mg dose ofDex is *roughly* equal to 30mgs of Vyvanse.

I hope this helps!!! I had to look up the conversion shit a while ago because I used to be on Ritalin, and most Ritalin conversations were to Adderall and Dex, not Vyvanse 😂

Yeah, 30mg Vyvanse = 8.85mg Dextroamphetamine

With the thread resurrected, can someone confirm that when you say "30mg Vyvanse = 8.85mg Dextroamphetamine" you're actually saying "30mg Vyvanse = 8.85mg Dextroamphetamine, if that 8.85mg lasted three times as long" ?

Or, put another way, 30mg of Vyvanse is like taking 8.85mg of Dex several times over the course of a day?

Is that correct?

With the thread resurrected, can someone confirm that when you say "30mg Vyvanse = 8.85mg Dextroamphetamine" you're actually saying "30mg Vyvanse = 8.85mg Dextroamphetamine, if that 8.85mg lasted three times as long" ?

Or, put another way, 30mg of Vyvanse is like taking 8.85mg of Dex several times over the course of a day?

Is that correct?
It's technically a prodrug for dextroamphetamine, so basically just functions like an extended release capsule. Your stomach just has to digest it first and split it from the amino acid it's coupled with.

Not sure how to dive any deeper into the duration mechanics than that.

Vyvanse 20mg = d-amph 5.9mg as per Shire Pharmaceuticals

Vyvanse 40mg is 12mg of Dexedrine with a 3 hour onset….lasting 10-12 hours

(14 hours total duration for Adults / Vyvanse 70mg)

Vyvanse 20mg = d-amph 5.9mg as per Shire Pharmaceuticals

Vyvanse 40mg is 12mg of Dexedrine with a 3 hour onset….lasting 10-12 hours

(14 hours total duration for Adults / Vyvanse 70mg)
Hey Man,
thanks again!

Anyway I should have asked more precisely. On the forum and especially on discord servers in general the talk is exclusively about Adderall and the likes.

In Europe there is virtually no market for prescribed (Dex-) Amphetamine be it RX or pressies. Here there is a huge scene of what‘s called Euro-Speed in North America.

Racemic Amph Sulfate that is. And I am looking for a proper conversion so I will be able to better understand doses beeing thrown around in convos. Because I can’t relate to problems with daily doses of eg 80 mg. Converted to (no real numbers) 80 Adderall * 3 = 240 racemic sulphate is something I can relate to.

Hey Man,
thanks again!

Anyway I should have asked more precisely. On the forum and especially on discord servers in general the talk is exclusively about Adderall and the likes.

In Europe there is virtually no market for prescribed (Dex-) Amphetamine be it RX or pressies. Here there is a huge scene of what‘s called Euro-Speed in North America.

Racemic Amph Sulfate that is. And I am looking for a proper conversion so I will be able to better understand doses beeing thrown around in convos. Because I can’t relate to problems with daily doses of eg 80 mg. Converted to (no real numbers) 80 Adderall * 3 = 240 racemic sulphate is something I can relate to.
Comparing any pharmaceutical amphetamine to a street amphetamine like ‘Euro-Speed’ is pretty difficult because the composition and potency of the street speed is never known. It is also never 100% certain that your street speed is amphetamine sulphate.

It might help you to know that amphetamine sulfate is usually prescribed for ADHD and dosed in 5 mg tablets in a range from 15 mg per day to 30 mg per day.

That's a coherent answer, thanks I appreciate it. The community sometimes send samples of reputable vendors to labs and puts the results on a board. And that's my point of reference most of the time. But dosage for Sulf above really adds a detail to the comparison I didn't know off!