• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much suboxone should I take?

Shawnamama

Greenlighter
Hopefully I'm in right place. If not please move to location where I'd get more answers, thanks :)

Been using for 11 years, doc is mostly hydrocodone (norco) I was up to 100-130mg a day. In may I quit for 2 months then relapsed.. since my relapse I've only been using about 60-70 mg a day but I don't get high so to speak, just comfy for a while.

I've read that subs are really strong so I need to know how much I should take at one time so I don't get knocked on my a ss.

I have an 8mg suboxone strip and I want to use it help get through the first few day detox because I started a new job and I need to make it through this week. Was going to start on Tuesday and stop on Thursday

Will .5 help me or should I try to cut the strip down to .25 ... I plan on spitting to try and avoid headaches.

.Any help would be greatly appreciated although I'm Not really looking for opinions on whether of not a quick taper works :) thanks!!

Ughh thanks but no. I don't know who has time to go through twenty five pages but I certainly don't. I tried reading through like five pages and none of the info pertained to me. Looks like people were trying to get info on How to get high and I'm looking for info on how not to get high. Plus I don't iv or snort. Just plan old fashion sublingual under tounge. I guess I'm going to start with.5 and see how that goes.

Being a message board you sometimes have to extricate the good info from the bad. Nevermind and Good Luck. UTFSE

Wow helpful. Thanks! :p

No idea what utfse means but its probbaly something totally appropriate for a mod to say im sure...

Is anyone else would like to help im all ears. Id like to try and get started tomorrow. Thanks

Wait as long as you possibly can before you induct, if you have comfort meds take them to lengthen the time before dosing bupe. Once you decide to induce, take .5, then if needed 90 minutes later take .25, then 90 minutes later than .25, until you are good. After induction(like 12-24 hours later) take half of the total amount you took when inducting, then decide whether to dose once or twice a day, if twice a day make your night time dose half the size of your morning dose, and try to take the smallest dose you can but large enough that you won't be redosing 6 hours later. Your habit is fairly small, you shouldn't need much, in fact if it weren't for the length of time you've been using I would say don't take bupe,

Oh and I would highly suggest you get your life some sort of stability and then taper off as quick as possible, if you are already in a good place you could do 2 weeks or less. But if you got to get your shit together, try to do it in a month, then spend the next month tapering. Don't relapse, it won't be so easy the next time, draw out your taper as long as you need to, but I would really suggest you avoid taking bupe long term unless you have a history of relapsing.

Last edited:
Your habit is not that bad , just take a 3-4 day weekend and go cold turkey . Once you get on the sub train its hard to get off and some people say they cant get high off anything for a while after sub.

Is anyone else would like to help im all ears. Id like to try and get started tomorrow. Thanks
I can’t believe I went on for some help tonight and your story read like mine. I was a heavy opiate abuser for many years. I have had about a year and a half of clean time and just recently broke my ankle. I average about 80 to 100mg of hydrocodone since my injury, 4 months ago and want back off the pain meds. I have never used Suboxone to get clean but do have a 8mg tape to detox with. I am also in need of info as to how soon I can use it, how much I should use and should I even do it for a short time.

I wouldn’t use the suboxone at all, it’s just going to make your withdrawal that much longer. Take the week off and get through it.

Thank you for your prompt response and I agree about the Suboxone. Unfortunately I have work I can’t get out of and have run out of pills. I will not buy more as I seem unable to wean with them. I always continue to take enough to make me feel good. If I was to do Suboxone till I can take the time off how much would you suggest for my level of use? Do I have to wait 24 hours or can I do it a bit earlier? I just took my last pain pill. Thanks for your help.