• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much stronger is Ritalin when taken sublingually?

sacsky

Bluelighter
I always thought that when you take ritalin sublingual the only difference is that it might work faster,
but now I read it's supposedly stronger, too.

Personally I cannot really notice a difference between taking let's say 10mg Ritalin LA orally or crushing the pellets and then
putting the powder under the tongue and move it around in the mouth for a while.
I mean how do we even know how much of the MPH is being absorbed in the mouth before swallowing it? What if it's such a tiny
amount that it doesn't really matter?

Snorting it actually does produce a better speed, but it hurts a bit and it can damage your nasal passages.
I know people who inject crushed up Methylphenidate but this is inadvisable...

Would also love to know the answer to this, I heard it has a higher BA but is it a significant difference?

I've been taking Ritalin for about 14-15 years (since I was a toddler), and didn't start experiencing with different ROA's until about 4 years ago.
Here is how I would explain/compare each ROA that I've done:

Orally: Exactly what you would expect, just that normal feeling that helps you focus, wake up a little bit, and increase your heart rate.

Intranasal: By far the most effective, and in my experiences it doesn't make it last any less longer at all. It also provides much more of a cocaine-esque rush. Definitely wakes you up more, increases your heart rate more than orally, and puts you on a one-track mindset for whatever you're doing.

Plugging: Very, very similar to oral, it just kicks in a bit faster, has a slightly longer duration, and helps "wake you up" a bit more.

Sublingual: This is the oddest ROA in my opinion, as in the effects are a bit counter-intuitive. There is no rush. It doesn't increase my heart rate much. It actually makes me a bit DROWSY. However, it does leave the identical effects on your ability to focus as taking it orally.

Smoking: I know this is stupid as shit, but hey, I've done it numerous times. It is a waste for the most part. I only do it when it is a bit late at night and I know I will need to get to sleep within the next hour. It provides a very large rush, wakes you up like a train hitting you, and has a very short duration of about 30-45 minutes. If you've been taking the substance for as long as I have, or have a considerable tolerance, there is not much of a comedown.

I remember reading from a patient leaflet that it contains Talc, atleast the Ritalin brand, and stopped right away insufflating it after having used few pills that way.

Prolonged inhaling of Talc makes you die very slow and painfull death as you suffocate.

I've been taking Ritalin for about 14-15 years (since I was a toddler), and didn't start experiencing with different ROA's until about 4 years ago.
Here is how I would explain/compare each ROA that I've done:

Orally: Exactly what you would expect, just that normal feeling that helps you focus, wake up a little bit, and increase your heart rate.

Intranasal: By far the most effective, and in my experiences it doesn't make it last any less longer at all. It also provides much more of a cocaine-esque rush. Definitely wakes you up more, increases your heart rate more than orally, and puts you on a one-track mindset for whatever you're doing.

Plugging: Very, very similar to oral, it just kicks in a bit faster, has a slightly longer duration, and helps "wake you up" a bit more.

Sublingual: This is the oddest ROA in my opinion, as in the effects are a bit counter-intuitive. There is no rush. It doesn't increase my heart rate much. It actually makes me a bit DROWSY. However, it does leave the identical effects on your ability to focus as taking it orally.

Smoking: I know this is stupid as shit, but hey, I've done it numerous times. It is a waste for the most part. I only do it when it is a bit late at night and I know I will need to get to sleep within the next hour. It provides a very large rush, wakes you up like a train hitting you, and has a very short duration of about 30-45 minutes. If you've been taking the substance for as long as I have, or have a considerable tolerance, there is not much of a comedown.

Very interesting that you feel the effect is different under the tongue, I would have thought ROA would only affect strengh and speed. Anyway, will be experimenting myself over the next weeks to see what works best.

Zon, in many cases when the plasma levels of a drug peak differently depending on a ROA the drug feels different.

Cannabis for example is quite different when taken orally when compared to smoking. Same applies even for oxycodone as insufflating provides atleast a bit of rush while taking then orally doesn't. I can even distinguish the rush between insufflating, IV'ing and vaping oxycodone from e-juice even though oxycodone doesn't have much of a rush when compared to a hydromorphone for example which have a huge (atleast IMHO) when insufflated or vaped.

Very interesting that you feel the effect is different under the tongue, I would have thought ROA would only affect strengh and speed. Anyway, will be experimenting myself over the next weeks to see what works best.

Sorry to jump back in to what may be considered an old thread.

I just wanted to say that, out of all of the ROA's, I would really like to discourage you from trying to smoke Ritalin. It's a little complicated, you look stupid, and worst of all, it's really fucked with my lungs. I'm in good health, but if I do it for 3 or more days in a row, I am guaranteed a sore throat and an empty feeling in my head for the next day. I honestly feel like it's not good for you mentally nor physically. You'll say that the first "high" (if you can even call it that) is fucking stupid, but trust me, you'll find a stupid excuse to try it again. And then begins the cycle of stupidity.