• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How much stronger is morphine than percs

quinlan

Greenlighter
Hello i am recently learning to love opiates and opioids so far i have only tried percs and lean the percs i have tried are TEC Oxycodone, TEC 2 codeine, TEC 3 Codeine i am thinking about trying morphine as a one time expirience how much stronger is morphine than percs and lean

You should quit while you're ahead before you learn to love to hate them

Oxycodone is stronger than morphine and codeine is weaker than oxycodone, but it also depends on ROA and don't forget that they have different affinities for the opioid receptors.

But you should listen to tacodude.

Oxycodone is stronger than morphine and codeine is weaker than oxycodone, but it also depends on ROA and don't forget that they have different affinities for the opioid receptors.

But you should listen to tacodude.

thank you for the help and if i am going to take it i would take it orally i dont like needles

i have only done percs 5 times and i have not noticed any tolerance to opioids

No one mentioned needles.... You don't have to start injecting opiates for them to become a problem..... Most IV users start out injecting because it's become a problem and they want to stretch their stash out. Seriously you have no idea how much you're throwing your life away.

the strength of the affect of these drugs is all dose dependent. google opiate/oid conversion chart. i mean technically you could take a dose of codeine thats stronger than a dose of heroin.

this should be pretty obvious but this seems like a rookie ish thread. check the mg of whatever you been taking. get the conversion chart, do the conversion and take a similar dose. ODs are not fun.

and ofcourse all the stuff you dont wanna hear. dont get hooked on these drugs. you will never be the same. i started blowing OCs, and picked up a habit and ran almost a year. had years clean after that. YEARS. neeedless to say im a full blown IV heroin junkie now after a relapse. i picked my life up. had a good job, a savings, paid my bills, etc etc etc. threw it all away because your brain never forgets the opiate high. the cravings are insane and your mind will rationalize anything, even yrs later. turn back now.

No one mentioned needles.... You don't have to start injecting opiates for them to become a problem..... Most IV users start out injecting because it's become a problem and they want to stretch their stash out. Seriously you have no idea how much you're throwing your life away.
Like taco says, when I started taking opiates I was using hydrocodone (weaker than oxy, stronger than morphine) and I too said I'd never touch a needle. That didn't hold true for long.

Anyway, to the question, oxycodone (which is the opiate in percosets) is about 1.5x stronger than morphine. Especially if you're taking it orally the oxy is much stronger, as oxycodone has a oral BA of 86% while morphine has a oral BA of 33%.

If you take it oral a dose of 0.1-0.4mg per kg bodyweight should do the trick, but start with 5mg just to be safe and keep in mind that anything over 1mg per kilogram bodyweight could potentially kill someone without a tolerance.