• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How Much oxycodone do I need?

Mcohall

Greenlighter
Am I taking enough to get high?

I just started to take oxycodone. I don't know if im gettting high off of it or not? I just feel really relaxed, a little tired, and sometimes i can't talk as in like i stutter like 3 times before it comes out.

Im about 6'3 260 pounds

Im taking 2-3 5MG Oxycodone 325 acetaminophen

Am i getting high or just the regular effects?

Last edited:
For someone without much tolerance, I'd say you're getting baseline/moderate effects.

I wouldn't exceed 30 milligrams orally for a new user. Keep in mind opiates can be addictive, and you probably want to space out your experiences to reduce the likelihood of addiction ensuing.

This thread would be better suited in the Basic Drug Discussion forum.

For someone without much tolerance, I'd say you're getting baseline/moderate effects.

I wouldn't exceed 30 milligrams orally for a new user. Keep in mind opiates can be addictive, and you probably want to space out your experiences to reduce the likelihood of addiction ensuing.

This thread would be better suited in the Basic Drug Discussion forum.

Thanks, I only do it once or twice a week because I obviously don't want to get addicted. I know the complete risks of opiates and how would i move this to a different section for it to be more efficient?

We're not here to help you get high, believe me if you were high, there would be no question. The regular effects would be analgesia. Are you taking them as prescribed by your doctor? How frequently do you take opioid medication?

It's not so much your body size/weight that determines your level of intoxication, I've seen full grown men fucked up beyond belief at 10mg oxycodone. What matters is your tolerance. CH is right, basic dosing question OD --> BDD.

when i first took oxycodone, without any tolerance to opiates 20mgs orally felt absolutely incredible. yeah, i'd say no more than 30mg, probably better less.

also, responses wildly vary. once, a good friend of mine really wanted to try morphine, and i was quite reluctant as it's just something i don't want to be responsible for if someone ends up hooked, he'd taken quite a few drugs in his life, but never any opiates, after a while i got so annoyed that i ground up a single 10mg pill, snorted about 3/4 or so of it and gave him the rest. there could not have been more than maybe 3mg left and that totally fucked him up, i mean the way i would get from a 15mg iv shot without tolerance. complete loss of coordination, slurred speech, the nods. it wasn't dangerous, i just didn't think that a grown man would feel anything from so little, nevermind such an overwhelming effect. and if i had given him a whole 60mg pill like he asked, half of what i was on at the time, he would have ODd and either woke up in the ICU or died. after that i never, ever again gave hard drugs to someone who wasn't familiar with them.

when i first took oxycodone, without any tolerance to opiates 20mgs orally felt absolutely incredible. yeah, i'd say no more than 30mg, probably better less.

also, responses wildly vary. once, a good friend of mine really wanted to try morphine, and i was quite reluctant as it's just something i don't want to be responsible for if someone ends up hooked, he'd taken quite a few drugs in his life, but never any opiates, after a while i got so annoyed that i ground up a single 10mg pill, snorted about 3/4 or so of it and gave him the rest. there could not have been more than maybe 3mg left and that totally fucked him up, i mean the way i would get from a 15mg iv shot without tolerance. complete loss of coordination, slurred speech, the nods. it wasn't dangerous, i just didn't think that a grown man would feel anything from so little, nevermind such an overwhelming effect. and if i had given him a whole 60mg pill like he asked, half of what i was on at the time, he would have ODd and either woke up in the ICU or died. after that i never, ever again gave hard drugs to someone who wasn't familiar with them.

Ahh I see, So it doesn't have to do with body weight. I though it did. 30MG at one time or in like a whole day?

He snorted 3mg and felt like that? That has to be a typo... When you factor in it's nasal BA there would probably be less than 1mg of morphine absorbed into his bloodstream.

I didn't know they made morphine in 10mg pills, at least not in the US.

Be mindful that with every 5mg of oxycodone you're also taking 325mg acetaminophen (Tylenol).

Opiates, including oxycodone, are subtle drugs which can provide great euphoria, but not always overpowering in nature. You say you are experiencing effect from 10 - 15 mg, and I would say you should keep to that dose. Sometimes one has to use an opiate several times to understand its appeal, but there is nothing like a great opiate high. Opiates do not "fuck you up" unless you are taking dangerous doses, rather they exert their effect at safe doses, which different people perceive and notice differently. It bears repeating - opiates are subtle drugs, but that does not mean one cannot learn to appreciate what is often termed their "accquired taste". Upping your dose would just raise your tolerance unnecessarily, and you need to let the opiate roll over you as it does, not worrying about a high, just letting it come.

If the tip of your nose itches like there's a cat hair or something on the tip of it that wont come off that's usually what happens to me with small/threshold effects (and it's actually kind of annoying)
At higher doses EVERYTHING itches a bit, but at that level you know if you're feeling it.

If you're Rx'ed the pills for a legitimate reason you really should NOT be trying to feel euphoria. If you do feel "nice" fom it you will almost inevitably try to "chase" that feeling & soon you will be running out of pills early, feeling like crap without them (possibly trying to find more elsewhere), & BAM you're an addict before you ever see it coming. Everyone says it won't happen to them but if you have the pills already you may find it very hard to stay out of them. -oar9fi

And if I ever see someone repeatedly scratch the tip of their nose its a dead giveaway...

If you have no tolerance o experience with oxycodone or opiate in general, do not take 30 mg, that's terrible advice. I took 10 mg my first time and was nodding/almost tossed my cookies in class. I would start with 7.5 honestly, just to be safe, but definitely wouldn't take more than 15 mg. You may not feel anything, but you could throw up for hours, everyone is different, this is harm reduction guys.

For the first time I would start with a small dose almost everyone gets sick on opiates for the first time if u want to maximize your high take some antacids or a small spoonful of baking soda and 10-15mg is a good beginners dose swims first time he took 10mg of oxycodone but swim had previous experience when he had stitches in his foot he was pherscribed hydrocodone 5mg and I took only one whenever I was in pain at first u will be very happy and proably a little tired but you should be fine with taking 10-15mg of oxycodone swim has found the best experience by crushing up the pills and snorting them crush them up pretty fine because otherwise snorting rocks of oxy hurt like shit and will most likely make u cough and blow away your oxy. No matter what if your oxycodone has acetaminophen or tylenol it will burn but it is way better and hits u harder then taking them orally try to eat a fatty meal about a hr before snorting your medicarion this will maximize your high and with food in your stomach it will not make u feel as sick

I had a doctor explain to me that size and body weight have nothing to do with how much opiate medicine one would need to take to achieve their desired effects. He told me the medicine effects the brain and mechanisms in the brain. Basically we all have roughly the same size brain so.....so whether you're a tiny young lady or a burly man, seems to make no diff.

Thats bull bb4u like any toxicologist Will tell you size does matter its just that the difference is small and other factors like genetics and especially tolerance matter just als much If not more. ITS All part of the equation. I hate it when doctors dumb down the dialog and end up telling lies..