• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How much Oxycodone 30mg to keep me WELL from heroin?

cabbagepatch31

Bluelighter
I am going on a trip for 4 days and have about 50 oxy 30’s, 5 subutex, and little bit of liquid methadone, maybe 100mgs give or take. I am bringing the methadone and subutex as a back up if the Oxys don’t do the trick. I have been using heroin IV for about 4 years. I’m petite, 120 pound female, 5’5”. I use about a .15-.2 per shot. About how many mgs of the oxy do you think will keep me from withdrawing? I’m not looking to get high, just stay well. Thanks y’all.

How much heroin per day? Do you suspect the heroin has fentanyl?

I'd say a .2g shot of tar is equal to about 200mg of IV morphine if its average grade heroin (where I'd assume .2g of average tar contains 60-70mg of actual heroin).

Based on those assumptions the equivalent amount would be around 120mg of oxycodone, or 4 30mg tablets.

That said all those figures are for IV use. Are you taking the 30mg oxycodone tablets orally? In that case you'll need more.

Between the 50 30mg oxycodone tabs and 100mg of methadone you should be fine. The buprenorphine should not be used at all unless you are in pretty heavy withdrawal, otherwise you may precipitate withdrawal which is a terrible experience. You have to be off of everything for days before taking the buprenorphine. Stick to the oxys and if it doesn't hold you, use the methadone. The buprenorphine can make the situation much worse.

Take 25mg methadone a day plus oxy as needed. That’s what I’d do.

-GC

I have the exact opposite question; how much H would help me not have withdrawals from a 60mg/day Oxy situation? I keep running out of my script early and I’m trying to avoid finding myself in a really unpleasant state...

I have the exact opposite question; how much H would help me not have withdrawals from a 60mg/day Oxy situation? I keep running out of my script early and I’m trying to avoid finding myself in a really unpleasant state...

It varies too much to say, and with fentanyl being at an all time high the chances of overdose are too high to make it a safe option. Addicts that have been able to safely use for decades are dying right now cuz of it.

I suggest looking into pods or kratom.

-GC

Is there a particular Kratom I should look for? I’ll be heading out to get some after I eat my deliciously loaded baked potato <(*?*)>

I just found a store just 2.5 miles away that has Kratom and CBD in its title. I was thinking this might be harder to find.

I just found a store just 2.5 miles away that has Kratom and CBD in its title. I was thinking this might be harder to find.

Your far from the only one with this issue ;) Just note in the long run you’ll get better prices sourcing online but if you need it now the store is perfect.

I’m not as well versed on Kratom as other members, maybe give it a minute to see if someone else chimes in otherwise in a few days create a new thread asking?

When I was withdrawing from 4mg Suboxone the only Kratom product that touched the sides for me was Da Maeng highly pure extract. But everyone’s different.

-GC

I took 3 grams of Red Bali about an hour ago. I’m feeling pleasant but I was hoping for more euphoria and some pain relief. Should I add more capsules or wait a few hours? Would the addition of CBD be helpful, do you think? Thanks so much 🦢

It won’t be oxy and you may have to play around with different strains, Bali didn’t do much for me either. The CBD will help, if you can source actual THC edibles those will help a lot more though. Hopefully a little more kratom did the trick?

-GC

For me kratom tops out at 6g per dose, with 4-5g being optimal. The nausea is not worth it after than point, it has by far the worst nausea of any opioid. I have a strong opioid stomach and don't get easily nauseated but kratom is different. Even refined extracts can be nauseating, indicating that its actually the mitragynine/7-hydroxymitragynine itself and not just the act of swallowing a few tablespoons of green dust (which definitely makes it worse).