• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much Oxy is fatal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaMizer720

Ex-Bluelighter
I usually take 70-120 mg a day for a few months now , I've been taking like 180 mg a day two different times a day to total that (110-70/80 mg)... and I get soooo tired after the end amount around like 5 pm... am I ok? I can talk and function but wowwwww

I mean you can probably google the LD50.

But there are so many variables.

180 is a lot dude. A lot at once. You're probably close to dangerous territory. I would reduce your dosage starting now.

edit - I misread that. So 180 in a day, not at once. Which isn't that far off from your previous usage if I remember correctly from your very frequent prior threads.

But trust your body. If you have to ask yourself if you're okay, that's your instinct telling you to slow down. Trust your instinct.

These are powerful drugs man. I know you know this, but be careful. They can, and do, kill.

Absolutely , thanks shartito... yeah 180 in the day. 110 morning and like 80.. 6 hours later. I mean I can function I can talk I respond all that normal , I can be totally fine. But mod like hell. My fiancé and I are always afraid to fall asleep because we think we won't wake up. She took 150 mg today and I took 195. All from 945 this morning 9 1/2 hours ago and most recent took some 3 hours ago. Can we fall asleep 5 hours after last dose? Because it's hard to keep the dam eyes open...

If you have been taking ~100mg a day for a while now then your tolerance is at the point where I'm sure you are fine, it just sounds like you are really high. That being said don't start pushing your doses higher and higher just because you have a tolerance that can handle higher doses.

Keep your doses as low as possible but still high enough to achieve the desired effects. Also your tolerance is gonna shoot up if you are taking twice your normal dose everyday, soon 150mg might feel underwhelming so you should try to lower your tolerance.

To the OP, yes it is dangerous and yes people die from the amount that you take. You've been lucky so far. Please don't listen to bad advice saying that you are fine at that amount. It amazes me how often people on a harm reduction site will give advice telling people that they are ok with dangerous drug amounts.

In 2011/2012, I used to take >=1200 milligrams of Oxycodone (in the form of OxyContin and OxyNorm) a day, on top of a lot of alcohol and a shitload of benzodiazepines. I never, not even once, overdosed. Of course, my tolerance was built up gradually, over the course of more than a year, maybe even two years. My doctor would prescribe me anything (he doesn't anymore, unfortunately).

When I went into rehab, they only gave me Tranxène (and not even that much). Not even a microgram of Suboxone. I lost 20 kilograms (over 40 pounds) in 10 days and almost didn't sleep for 11 days. I sufffered multiple seizures, but the hospital doctors wouldn't give me anything for some relief. I went through cold turkey withdrawal after that multiple times, mostly from Heroin, but never did I suffer like I did when I was in rehab for those massive doses of Oxy, alcohol and benzodiazepines. When I was out of rehab and told this to my psychiatrist, she got REALLY angry (she is a rather known and influential doctor with a very good knowledge of drug withdrawal, she even is a doctor in a rehab clinic , another one of course, as well) and said she was going to confront the doctors that "treated" me.

Anyway, that withdrawal sucked ass!!!!!

mizer, we talked about creating all of these threads and how you need to compile your ideas into a more cohesive thread. Instead of creating 5 different threads concerning different aspects of your Oxycodone use, why not just create one thread that addresses all of your concerns.

I'ts not that we don't care dude, but we have limited space on our front page and we want members and voyeurs to have access to the most pertinent information possible. Your questions and ideas are not totally out of line, but we just can't have so many different threads occupying our space.

The amount of a given Opioid required to kill a person is going to vary wildly. There is no set dose and the LD50 of a given drug in regard to a mouse is not something that can accurately be applied to a human. It is only a point of reference. All we can say with confidence is that the amount of a given Opioid required to produce analgesia and sedation in a given person is typically not far from what would be required to kill them. This is what is called a "therapeutic index". For instance, Amphetamines have a wide therapeutic index, as do Benzodiazepines. Unfortunately, Opioids are comparatively easy to lethally overdose on.

I'm going to close this, as the information given is pretty much the best that we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.