• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos HOW MUCH MY LIVER can takes?

@Painful One A very close family friend, iv'd cocaine for 24 years Daily. Before losing his life at the age of 57, but would have gone on to live longer had he listened to me when he spoke about chest pains and i told him to lay off the stuff for a few days, alass it goes to show, with moderation, and common sense, one can infact maintain oneself, but that doesn't mean it's easy or not costly in alot of different ways :/

infact @nznity maybe you should read my above post, and think about that the next time you smoke coke, and then realize you're going to smoke your face off at some point with me :D;):giggle::alien:

Unfortunately, this question is completely and totally unanswerable. I'm sure you're probably already aware OP, but different drugs have negative effects upon many different organs, the liver included. Hepatic issues are commonly tied in with Alcohol, but that really is just the start of how terrible it truly is. I see alcoholic women on the street who like like they are about 60 and they're not a day over 35. Socially, it will eventually alienate anyone and everyone who cares about you, either by direct action on your part or them simply being fed up with the sloppy behavior.

I think we can leave this open, although I have some reservations. The initial question can't be answered, but I think we can potentially help reduce the harm by discussing the problem openly here. I'm an Alcoholic myself. I don't really drink anymore, save for a few incidents and I can say 100% that a few years of heavy drinking did way, way more damage than a lifetime of intravenous Opioid use.

The only people who can help in this situation are either medical professionals or yourself. You probably know better than anybody about the state of your health. If you truly feel unwell and there is no known cause then the only remotely reasonable suggestion is to go to the hospital and have a work up done. Simple things like Thiamine deficiency can and often does lead chronic alcoholics into a state of insanity and severe cognitive handicap. See: Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome, colloquially known as wet brain.

Let us know if you have any questions.

I'm an Alcoholic myself. I don't really drink anymore, save for a few incidents and I can say 100% that a few years of heavy drinking did way, way more damage than a lifetime of intravenous Opioid use.
omg. i never knew this, should we start a BL Alcohol abstinence club together? i dont think it'd be worse than iv use ma man, ever stick yourself 20+ times in a night?

I love the first part but that person is right except I don’t think you can make it 25 years of abuse and if you do, you will wish you had not. Heed my words on this my dear friends. I have suffered Liver failure and it literally suffered me unto The Lord!

100% this! I only used stims/empathogens once every 3 months, but i did use psychedelics more frequently. Since about 2 years if suffer from brain fog, fatigue en ascites (pokets of fluid in your abdominal area)

One thing that was tremendously helpfull was milk thistle before and after use to mitigate damage. In terms of recovery i recomment Cordyceps Sinensis (high quality with excpeptional polysacharides content)

It's been used in China for all forms of liver failure and om the last 5 years a lot of research has been done by the US and other countries concluding it really does work. (the only issue is there are a lot of poluted supplements out there)

Hope you can make a full recovery

Unfortunately, this question is completely and totally unanswerable. I'm sure you're probably already aware OP, but different drugs have negative effects upon many different organs, the liver included. Hepatic issues are commonly tied in with Alcohol, but that really is just the start of how terrible it truly is. I see alcoholic women on the street who like like they are about 60 and they're not a day over 35. Socially, it will eventually alienate anyone and everyone who cares about you, either by direct action on your part or them simply being fed up with the sloppy behavior.

I think we can leave this open, although I have some reservations. The initial question can't be answered, but I think we can potentially help reduce the harm by discussing the problem openly here. I'm an Alcoholic myself. I don't really drink anymore, save for a few incidents and I can say 100% that a few years of heavy drinking did way, way more damage than a lifetime of intravenous Opioid use.

The only people who can help in this situation are either medical professionals or yourself. You probably know better than anybody about the state of your health. If you truly feel unwell and there is no known cause then the only remotely reasonable suggestion is to go to the hospital and have a work up done. Simple things like Thiamine deficiency can and often does lead chronic alcoholics into a state of insanity and severe cognitive handicap. See: Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome, colloquially known as wet brain.

Let us know if you have any questions.

I can fo sure tell you that cocain is highly toxic to both the liver and the kidneys. Most benzo's to a lesser extent. FYI you don't feel this damage untill it's too late.
Furtunately the liver can recover itself with some help as long as you don't have cirrhosis. All it takes is time and nutrients. But kidneys can never recover, so prevention is always better. Extra caution won't hurt anyone ;)

I think it takes about 20-25 years of reasonably heavy alcohol use to trigger cirrhosis which is the most likely form of liver failure that will kill you

I haven't read the rest of the thread, but I gotta point out that that's not necessarily true. There's no hard and fast rule on how long it will take for someone to acquire liver damage. I was starting to get liver issues and only had about 5-6 years where alcohol was really a problem.

I haven't read the rest of the thread, but I gotta point out that that's not necessarily true. There's no hard and fast rule on how long it will take for someone to acquire liver damage. I was starting to get liver issues and only had about 5-6 years where alcohol was really a problem.

Very true. This is sort of what caused me to post in this thread in the first place. I think putting time limits or expectations on this sort of thing does more harm than good. I had a cousin die from cirrhosis at the age of ~24. When he died he was drinking what they estimated as over a half-gallon of liquor per day. This is one of those issues where variables like each person's unique physiology come heavily in to play. We all know the story of the guy who smoked a carton of cigarettes per day and took dueling shots of Methamphetamine and Bacardi 151 throughout yet lived to be 114 years old, dying only when he was good and ready to do so.

I had a second cousin who died of complete alcohol-induced cirrhosis in an abandoned building at the age of ~24. The point is that comparing like this isn't really worth a damn. You just have to try to do the best you can for yourself based upon both your research and knowledge of your own body.

I was on benzo for 11 years never took them as directed drank all the time mixed any thing, I don't believe i have liver problems, im off the pins now I'm glad I'm off them if have benzo withdral almost every month that shit is personal hell, but I think it all depends on the person hight weight I'm not a big dude I have a midget (little person) friend his liver is fucked, every one is diffrent just my 2 cents...

The liver is the only organ in our body that can fully recover. My father was an extreme alcoholic for40 yeart. In the end he HAD to stop because he was alone in his room, having 7 multirestistant bacteries. His doctor told me his liver fully recovers after r40 years drinking, everything was normal.

unbelievable.

he died though with 61 two and a half years ago.

but not because his liver.

JJ