• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much methodone can you cut off at one time to feel any kinda of sick ???

hwbush336

Bluelighter
Ok so hello my fellow blue lighters green lighters and all of the Above !!! I've been a Lurker since 2010 an actual member since ummm not really sure maybe 2018 , anyway I'm on methodone and have been since mid Covid 2020 and Only methodone since March 22 2023 and was at a max of 178 , I have came down to a prescribed 100 and probably only take about 65 to 85 any given day , and I've gotten quite stable and the high doses are just to much at this point in my life where I need to be focused driven and motivated since coming back to a family business and literally put in charge , I also am a drag racer and just want to be sharp obviously, so at first i came off like 50 at once then 25 down to 100 andvnow 65 to 85 , quistion is when will coming off any amount start to make me sick , also working out a ton nowadays . Crazy I felt ZERO withdrawal coming down that much at once

Ok so hello my fellow blue lighters green lighters and all of the Above !!! I've been a Lurker since 2010 an actual member since ummm not really sure maybe 2018 , anyway I'm on methodone and have been since mid Covid 2020 and Only methodone since March 22 2023 and was at a max of 178 , I have came down to a prescribed 100 and probably only take about 65 to 85 any given day , and I've gotten quite stable and the high doses are just to much at this point in my life where I need to be focused driven and motivated since coming back to a family business and literally put in charge , I also am a drag racer and just want to be sharp obviously, so at first i came off like 50 at once then 25 down to 100 andvnow 65 to 85 , quistion is when will coming off any amount start to make me sick , also working out a ton nowadays . Crazy I felt ZERO withdrawal coming down that much at once

I cut from 60mg to 0mg at once and was acutely sick for 10 weeks so would NOT recommend. I think maybe a 20% reduction of dose in general would be enough to cause some fluey symptoms. I can take a while, though! When I cold turkeyed like that I was almost 100% fine for 9 days. Almost non-existent withdrawal until suddenly being extremely unwell after 10ish days.

Ok ok gotcha so I been at a straight 65 prob for a week from like 85 ish and woke up this morning literally getting the shits and stomach cramps and hell even got a cold chill and I was like WATTTTTTT hahahaaa kinda surprised the shit outta me because I been just tossing doses left and right like a champ ( so I thought) lmao yea I just had to take 50 real fast and literally 10 mins back to normal.. so I think I'm obviously at the point I need to slow down I really don't want completely off just low enough I can function.. I also wait all day if j can and takd ag night it has me nodding believe it or not lmao🤣🤯

I cut from 60mg to 0mg at once and was acutely sick for 10 weeks so would NOT recommend. I think maybe a 20% reduction of dose in general would be enough to cause some fluey symptoms. I can take a while, though! When I cold turkeyed like that I was almost 100% fine for 9 days. Almost non-existent withdrawal until suddenly being extremely unwell after 10ish days.
Thanks man for real . Methodone is a funny drug man , but was the ONLY thing that got me off the fyntinol.... In 90 days I'll get a full month take homes here in Ohio .. amazing. Where are u at??

Stop switching doses around it throws things out of wack. If 65 works stick with it.

If your at 85-100mg go down 5-10mg every 3 days until you feel a difference it'll be subtle. You should make it to 60 comfortably. Then start going down 3mg every 3 days until you get to 20. That's the regime I recommend. You can't be a bitch about it either and barely taper and be like aw I'm feeling so bad, really analyze your ask yourself "am I really fuckin dope sick".

The 20s n 10s can be a bitch. Do 2mg every 5 days till you hit 10s. Then 1mg every 5 days. If you want to go all the way to 0. My dad jumped off at 12mg and handled it really well I was shocked but i detoxed before him so I had a good understandingon how to beat it. He's also a racer 50yo.

That'd be my best recommendation for comfortability, less discomfort possible. Also eat well, quality food, supplements, ganja/thc if you can smoke or eat it.

I was on MMT for 6 years at 100 for 4. I did a 6 month detox and they did me wrong. What I just described was basically done to me backwards. I went down 1mg a day the last 12 days. Last 12 days started getting rough that's to much in 1 day. So after I stopped at 2mg I believe it was like 3 days and then I went through it. But my dad's regime i explained he was fine, able to work all that. My clinic tried keeping me there I know it.

You can beat it trust me!

Last edited:
Ok ok gotcha so I been at a straight 65 prob for a week from like 85 ish and woke up this morning literally getting the shits and stomach cramps and hell even got a cold chill and I was like WATTTTTTT hahahaaa kinda surprised the shit outta me because I been just tossing doses left and right like a champ ( so I thought) lmao yea I just had to take 50 real fast and literally 10 mins back to normal.. so I think I'm obviously at the point I need to slow down I really don't want completely off just low enough I can function.. I also wait all day if j can and takd ag night it has me nodding believe it or not lmao🤣🤯

Yeah, the WD takes MUCH longer to hit you. What would take me like 12 hour-18 hours to get to wding from like morphien or oxy took me 9 days from methadone.
Congrats on getting off the Fent, man! :)
I'm in the UK.

A month of take-homes! Lucky! I was on it 18 months* before quitting and I had daily pick-ups Mon-Fri and then 2 take-homes on a Fri for the weekend. Prob a good thing, though as I'd sometimes take all 3 on Friday and have a suuuupperrr chill 24 hours lol.

*weight gain and SERIOUS hyperhidrosis

Stop switching doses around it throws things out of wack. If 65 works stick with it.

If your at 85-100mg go down 5-10mg every 3 days until you feel a difference it'll be subtle. You should make it to 60 comfortably. Then start going down 3mg every 3 days until you get to 20. That's the regime I recommend. You can't be a bitch about it either and barely taper and be like aw I'm feeling so bad, really analyze your ask yourself "am I really fuckin dope sick".

The 20s n 10s can be a bitch. Do 2mg every 5 days till you hit 10s. Then 1mg every 5 days. If you want to go all the way to 0. My dad jumped off at 12mg and handled it really well I was shocked but i detoxed before him so I had a good understandingon how to beat it. He's also a racer 50yo.

That'd be my best recommendation for comfortability, less discomfort possible. Also eat well, quality food, supplements, ganja/thc if you can smoke or eat it.

I was on MMT for 6 years at 100 for 4. I did a 6 month detox and they did me wrong. What I just described was basically done to me backwards. I went down 1mg a day the last 12 days. Last 12 days started getting rough that's to much in 1 day. So after I stopped at 2mg I believe it was like 3 days and then I went through it. But my dad's regime i explained he was fine, able to work all that. My clinic tried keeping me there I know it.

You can beat it trust me!
Thanks bro for real , it's been dam easy so far getting to where Imbat and your absolutely right about really thinking ( am I dope sick ) because my mind will literally fuvk with me to the point I'm thinking I'm sick and I'm not at all

Yeah, the WD takes MUCH longer to hit you. What would take me like 12 hour-18 hours to get to wding from like morphien or oxy took me 9 days from methadone.
Congrats on getting off the Fent, man! :)
I'm in the UK.

A month of take-homes! Lucky! I was on it 18 months* before quitting and I had daily pick-ups Mon-Fri and then 2 take-homes on a Fri for the weekend. Prob a good thing, though as I'd sometimes take all 3 on Friday and have a suuuupperrr chill 24 hours lol.

*weight gain and SERIOUS hyperhidrosis
Wats the hyperdydrosis!? I gained 80 dam pounds and just cut almost 60 of it after coming down literally

Thanks bro for real , it's been dam easy so far getting to where Imbat and your absolutely right about really thinking ( am I dope sick ) because my mind will literally fuvk with me to the point I'm thinking I'm sick and I'm not at all
No problem. MMT is actually relatively easy to beat. Most clinics/ Government funded clinics dont want you to get off of it. They know how to get you off it but thats not the MO imho.
It's drawn out and time consuming to do right especially the higher the dose and how long you've been dosing daily I mean daily to. Those factors play big on how you feel when your detoxing.

Oh it most definitely is in your head and then that manifests into physical symptoms. If your already at that point you'll exaggerate the symptoms and get spooked. Then be scared to detox, when it's absolutely nothing to be afraid of when done safely. It's also easy to do when your in the habit.

You cant convince me your remotely dope sick on 40-65mgs of Methadone. The stuff is so potent I think people forget,its normalized almost. Your detoxing a strong ass opioid of course your going to feel shitty some days thats life tho. Just keep trucking all ya can do.

Wats the hyperdydrosis!? I gained 80 dam pounds and just cut almost 60 of it after coming down literally

Hyperhidrosis is excessive sweating. It can be a condition of it's own (eg overactive sweat glads) but I had "secondary hyperhidrosis" basically meaning the methadone made me sweat...a LOT. I'm a really small guy (5'5 and 115lbs)...I got up to 142 on the methadone but obviously I wasn't overweight, but just walking up a flight of stairs would have me really sweaty. In the summer I'd have to shower and change clothes like 3 times a day, it was a nightmare.

No problem. MMT is actually relatively easy to beat. Most clinics/ Government funded clinics dont want you to get off of it. They know how to get you off it but thats not the MO imho.
It's drawn out and time consuming to do right especially the higher the dose and how long you've been dosing daily I mean daily to. Those factors play big on how you feel when your detoxing.

Oh it most definitely is in your head and then that manifests into physical symptoms. If your already at that point you'll exaggerate the symptoms and get spooked. Then be scared to detox, when it's absolutely nothing to be afraid of when done safely. It's also easy to do when your in the habit.

You cant convince me your remotely dope sick on 40-65mgs of Methadone. The stuff is so potent I think people forget,its normalized almost. Your detoxing a strong ass opioid of course your going to feel shitty some days thats life tho. Just keep trucking all ya can do.
Totally agree bro !!! Wats your pop race?? Wat state Im in the division 3 NHRA area of the country lol I race all over tho

Hyperhidrosis is excessive sweating. It can be a condition of it's own (eg overactive sweat glads) but I had "secondary hyperhidrosis" basically meaning the methadone made me sweat...a LOT. I'm a really small guy (5'5 and 115lbs)...I got up to 142 on the methadone but obviously I wasn't overweight, but just walking up a flight of stairs would have me really sweaty. In the summer I'd have to shower and change clothes like 3 times a day, it was a nightmare.
Ohhh gotcha yea me to bro I Blimped up to 270 now back to 230 my reg weight is like 210 I'm 6.1

Totally agree bro !!! Wats your pop race?? Wat state Im in the division 3 NHRA area of the country lol I race all over tho
That's awesome I love some drag racing. I come from a family of racers and motor builders and bootleggers I'm questioning now lol.

Our thing is dirt track racing. My pops has a winged modified atm. My grandpa was a beast he raced with best, Steve Kinser, Sammy Swindell said once that he was his favorite driver. Great grandpa would win almost every week back in the beginning days of racing. Unfortunately our family isn't very wealthy so my grandpa didn't have proper backing or else I imagine he'd have made more out of it.

My great grandma even raced in the girl division. So it runs in my blood lol. I love the smell of alcohol being burned off haha.