• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How much methadone to take to kick G a day habit

Mattyn55

Greenlighter
Hey what’s up? Need a refresher on this bc it’s been a min since I’ve taken one. So, I’ve got about a G a day H habit (smoked, never injected and not BTH). I’m bout to start kicking for the millionth time again. The last few times I did it was with subs and I was miserable. Many many years ago I found some methadone and remember it helping way more and actually making me feel pretty good as well. Anyways my question is, I have the 40 mg wafers. Will one wafer be enough ow will that be to much (I don’t wanna get sick). I can’t remember how strong they are or what my tolerance was or even how good my shit was back then. I’m just trying to figure out if I’ll b ok taking the whole 40 mg wafer. Thx as usual for all ur help and if this is in the wrong spot I apologize. Long time reader, not so much a poster lol. Thx!!!

Where do you live?

The potency of street level heroin varies massively around the world and even from city to city within the same country. You need to have an approximate idea of how strong the heroin you are using is.

When I had a gram a day habit in the UK I needed about 80mg but it could be different for you.

Hey what’s up? Need a refresher on this bc it’s been a min since I’ve taken one. So, I’ve got about a G a day H habit (smoked, never injected and not BTH). I’m bout to start kicking for the millionth time again. The last few times I did it was with subs and I was miserable. Many many years ago I found some methadone and remember it helping way more and actually making me feel pretty good as well. Anyways my question is, I have the 40 mg wafers. Will one wafer be enough ow will that be to much (I don’t wanna get sick). I can’t remember how strong they are or what my tolerance was or even how good my shit was back then. I’m just trying to figure out if I’ll b ok taking the whole 40 mg wafer. Thx as usual for all ur help and if this is in the wrong spot I apologize. Long time reader, not so much a poster lol. Thx!!!
It should be fine they start new people at our clinic off at 30 mg a day. Good luck my friend!

I’m
Where do you live?

The potency of street level heroin varies massively around the world and even from city to city within the same country. You need to have an approximate idea of how strong the heroin you are using is.

When I had a gram a day habit in the UK I needed about 80mg but it could be different for you.
in New Orleans

So a brief look suggests heroin in new orleans is around the 30-40% pure mark so you will almost certainly need more than that. Try it to begin with but I would expect you to more likely need in the 60-80mg range to hold you 24 hours.

Whether you can feel heroin or not depends on the dose of methadone. When I was on a script at 80mg I basically couldn't feel anything from injecting even up 0.4g at a time, which was good becaus that is basically what enabled me to stop using gear and needles at that time.

Remember with fentanyl as prevalent as it is, expect an even higher than normal heroin tolerance.

-GC

So a brief look suggests heroin in new orleans is around the 30-40% pure mark so you will almost certainly need more than that. Try it to begin with but I would expect you to more likely need in the 60-80mg range to hold you 24 hours.

Whether you can feel heroin or not depends on the dose of methadone. When I was on a script at 80mg I basically couldn't feel anything from injecting even up 0.4g at a time, which was good becaus that is basically what enabled me to stop using gear and needles at that time.
That helps a lot. Thx!!!

Remember with fentanyl as prevalent as it is, expect an even higher than normal heroin tolerance.

-GC
Very sad and very true. Thx! Im 36 and made it 22 years doin tons of drugs I can’t even remember how to say or even spell some, for days at a time never overdosing. Came close and damn sure thought I did a few times but never actually did. Until 36 and did one line, one fuckin line and boom! Wake up to paramedics, 6 shots of narcan and bein dead for minutes they say. That dents no joke! And to think I used to suck on the patches in my earlier opiate days. Life’s crazy.

Id say try a small amount of methadone (25mg) or so and see how u feel after a few hours. Always underdose!

One last question. Can’t remember if it’s ok to use a little H (when I first wake up) then take the done. So I’m not sick waiting for the done to kick in.

Well thx for all the advice. I smokef prolly a .4 this morning then took a 40mg wafer bout a hour later and have been feeling great all day. Actually feel better on the done than I do the H. I’m jus scared to death to do them to long bc I been thru methadone and suboxone withdrawal and I’m good on another month long withdrawal. That shit ain’t no joke.

Yeah I think 40 is a perfect day 1 dose but I’d drop it to 25 or 30 mg for day 2. There’s still some left in your body from day 1 and you said you’re trying to get off. From there is so like a 10 day taper, dropping. By 10-20% each day. Something along those lines...

The first 6-12 months of methadone were wonderful, you could really feel the dose hit. It goes away though. Just like any opi. Once you get up around 70-100 mg maintenance doses, the fun ends.

just remember, you will feel withdrawal over the next week and it’s easy to keep taking the methadone to make it stop but you’ll come out the other side with more tolerance if you do that, not less..