• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much methadone should I take?

MechanicalAnimals

Greenlighter
Hello,
I've taken 10 mg methadone orally before but didn't get anything from it, I am aware how long methadone takes to peak orally, but I just didn't get anything from 10mg, I have some experience with morphine, plugging and oral, so how much methadone should I take to get a decent high?
Thanks! :)

we need to know your current tolerance level to judge this kind of thing. have you used any opiates/opioids at all in the past 10 days? if so, what kind, how much, and how often?

If you have no tolerance, I would say 20mg is enough to get pretty high. You should feel it within 40mins on an empty stomach give or take.

^ yeah 20mg should if you have no tolerance to 'done but don't go any higher
what kind of high are you looking for in methadone? cause although its a super potent opiod the effects are remarkably subtle - and i bet that can kill the naive.

I also agree that you should not exceed 20mg to start. You may even want to start at 10mg or even 5mg you're first time

Once upon a time, I was gifted a stash of 5mg methadone pills. I had no tolerance at the time. I found 1 single 5mg pill to be sufficient. The effects at that dose weren't strong but it was enough to please me.

Good luck

I'm aware many people praise methadone...I, personally, wouldn't touch a free 5-gallon bucket full of the stuff...not even with a 10-foot pole.

I had a very bad reaction to Methadone(as well as most all other non-phenantherene synthecics like Demerol:)p)...shit sucks). I didn't even take a high dose....at the time had an appx. 120mg morphine tolerance(react well to morph...much like hydro), and took, I shit you not, no more than 20mg Methadone MAX. maybe 25, idk.

The come up was horrid...a sense of uneasiness began to grow into full on dysphoria. Withdrawals relieved....but there I was feeling even WORSE, and beggening to think I may have made my last mistake.
Long story short....for the rest of that day and night, I had terrifying, anxiogenic heart flutters/PVCs...whatever they were they felt HORRID. And if I didn't move constantly I thought I would die.

This stuff IME felt a lot more like some kinda God-awful benzodiazepine than an opiate. If there were any real opioid effects (besides withdrawal relief...overrated) I couldn't notice, muchless enjoy any of them.

It messed with my cardiac function enough that for a good 2 months after that I got real, real serious about cutting back on all drugs.....pot was easy, I couldn't take 2-puffs of dank without my heart going ker-plunk, lol. When I finally got back on some phenantherene opiates, my heart gradually made(I hope) a full recovery.

I'm glad to be back to smoking all the pot I need, taking as many pain pills as I need, and i'm even dabbling with stimulants in combination, and my heart has never been better. But it took a lot of time (maybe 2 months) to get my body back to squares, and even longer for my mind, after that Methadone.

Even so, this whole Methadone Mistake left a serious impression(read: scar, lol) on me. I will never touch Methadone, Demerol, or any other Non-phenantherene opioid again.

So good luck OP, but really you make you're own luck. Don't do anything the Clinton's wouldn't do! Ha!

P.S. FDA recently issued a warning about IMMODIUM, commonly discussed here on BL. In excessive dosages(also common among Bl'ers) it can, and DOES cause many of the same Cardiac-rythym irregularaties that are caused by Methadone.
The fact the law allows such a dangerous drug to be sold in place of less dangerous, more effective narcotic-antidiarrheals, just goes to show...things are...not..what they seem.
Pleease, Sister Morphine....turn my. Nightmare into dreams. Ohhhhh cause my stools are pretty loose....and I got some....urine...onn myyy shoes!

From my own experience. I was in prison and had no tolerance to opiates, and had 20mg of methadone and got very high. I'm one of those guys that love methadone in fact I prefer the high over a heroin high! I find it quite enjoyable...if your trying to get high, 20mg is perfect. .anything less may be a tease and that can lead to problems of you redose, like overdose issues due to its long half life...be safe

Methadone has ZERO euphoria in my case. The 10mg pills took about an hour to kick in and actually made me feel blah.

Maybe you're one of those who wont feel euphoria with methadone, you know, as many people don't.

Please don't mix benzos with dones. Very dangerous combo.

Od -> BDD
From the guidelines
1) NO ASKING BASIC DOSING, EFFECTS, COMBINATION, OR COMPARISON QUESTIONS.
If you have simple questions about how much of a drug to try, how combinations of drugs work or how long you will be high they belong in Basic Drug Discussion

If 10mg produces no noticeable effect, then it's perfectly reasonable to escalate your dosage to, conservatively 20mg, or more liberally, 30mg. Safety is the name of the game and Methadone takes a lot of lives, but if you've done the 10mg and are fine with it, there's no way a 30mg dose will cause problems.

I'm like the resident advocate for rectal administration of drugs here on BL. It's just a really great ROA (route of administration) for the majority of recreational drugs. It's a safe alternative to injection use and generally possesses the second highest Bioavailability of all given ROA's, with a rapid onset to boot.

These positive qualities are especially great with Methadone. It becomes a completely different experience when taken rectally and I'm not exaggerating. When taken orally, as you know OP, the onset of Methadone is measured in hours, with peak effects being felt sometimes at up to 5 hours post ingestion. When given rectally, Methadone's effects become apparent withing 15-20 minutes or sooner and peak (or it seems like it) within a couple of hours tops. If you try it, you'll thank me.

If you don't know how to rectally administer your drugs or "plug" them, there are plenty of resources here on BL and on the net at large. Essentially though, it involves crushing your pills, putting them in a solution with probably about 10ml of water, draw up with oral syringe, lubricate syringe, insert approximately one inch into rectum, slowly inject, remove syringe slowly, lay on your side or stomach i.e. be aware of gravity for at least a few minutes, then you should be good.

In regard to plugging Methadone, cant the same be done with liquid Methadone? What would the prep entail if so?

You just gotta know what you can handle and test out doses. 25mg is the starting point at most clinics too ease withdrawels. Always remember methadone is not a drug to fucked with, and it's quickly addictive when used daily. Take it slow and be careful. A good friend of mine from the clinic was on 140mg daily for 2 years, he finally broke free from it and went sober, he was clean for about 3 months. I guess he had a bad day and said screw it idk, but he got ahold of 45mg of it and downed them all at once. Cops found him in a movie gallery parking lot slumped over dead. The methadone just stopped his heart. I personally love methadone, but she's a cold hearted bitch that will sneak up on you one day

You just gotta know what you can handle and test out doses. 25mg is the starting point at most clinics too ease withdrawels. Always remember methadone is not a drug to fucked with, and it's quickly addictive when used daily. Take it slow and be careful. A good friend of mine from the clinic was on 140mg daily for 2 years, he finally broke free from it and went sober, he was clean for about 3 months. I guess he had a bad day and said screw it idk, but he got ahold of 45mg of it and downed them all at once. Cops found him in a movie gallery parking lot slumped over dead. The methadone just stopped his heart. I personally love methadone, but she's a cold hearted bitch that will sneak up on you one day

You brought up an interesting point about heart issues because I've known several people to have tachycardia and sweating on low doses. And for some, methadone doesn't fuck them up like they want.

I dislike telling people what to dose without knowing their medical history, tolerance, etc. Maybe we can take 20mg but in their case, it could kill them.

The heart issues you guys are referring to are most likely tied in with Methadone and several other Opioids' ability to prolong the QT interval of the heart. It can lead to some pretty dangerous situations including death obviously. This is especially so if it is taken in conjunction with another QT-inducing medication.

In regard to plugging Methadone, cant the same be done with liquid Methadone? What would the prep entail if so?

i'm pretty sure methadone syrup can be plugged as is, no prep, just suck it up in an oral syringe and away you go

You brought up an interesting point about heart issues because I've known several people to have tachycardia and sweating on low doses. And for some, methadone doesn't fuck them up like they want.

I dislike telling people what to dose without knowing their medical history, tolerance, etc. Maybe we can take 20mg but in their case, it could kill them.

Yeah dude, it's not the one too play with. I would recommend 10mg too start if you've never had it.. Like I said, a junkie goes to the clinic at is gonna get 25mg the first day and has to chill there after dosage for a while, they wanna make sure it doesn't kill you.